No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita 14 day rolling average is below 5%, that is the threshold for requiring masks. Will they city/county be rescinding the mask mandate?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Wichita 14 day rolling average is below 5%, that is the threshold for requiring masks. Will they city/county be rescinding the mask mandate?
      Ummmm... let's use a little critical thinking to find the answer.

So we had a 77% retracement in weekly Covid deaths prior to the 2nd wave; a 39% retracement prior to the 3rd; and we're currently sitting at 42% wondering if/when the 4th will ever come. So the answer is NO, we do not stop wearing masks until the virus is no longer spreading widely throughout the country.

Lockdowns can be targeted regionally, but mask wearing must be 100% across the entire contiguous United States of America until herd immunity is reached. Any other conclusion comes from the mind of a child.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Ummmm... let's use a little critical thinking to find the answer.

So we had a 77% retracement in weekly Covid deaths prior to the 2nd wave; a 39% retracement prior to the 3rd; and we're currently sitting at 42% wondering if/when the 4th will ever come. So the answer is NO, we do not stop wearing masks until the virus is no longer spreading widely throughout the country.

Lockdowns can be targeted regionally, but mask wearing must be 100% across the entire contiguous United States of America until herd immunity is reached. Any other conclusion comes from the mind of a child.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
        we've been repeating it for a year, two more weeks at a time

Comment

Wichita 14 day rolling average is below 5%, that is the threshold for requiring masks. Will they city/county be rescinding the mask mandate?
          Got him with that stink bait. Nicely done.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would think they may revisit this issue in April if the number stays low or perhaps goes lower. Herd immunity may not be far off, and Pete Meitzner could be the deciding vote. I think that we won’t wait for the East and West coasts to make these decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Got him with that stink bait. Nicely done.
              He is so easy! I will probably get put in time out for violating Cold Mask safe space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I would think they may revisit this issue in April if the number stays low or perhaps goes lower. Herd immunity may not be far off, and Pete Meitzner could be the deciding vote. I think that we won’t wait for the East and West coasts to make these decisions.
                This is what your post sounded like to me when I read it.

I'm surrounded by babies.

Comment

• Positive Covid Facts going viral
                  - New Covid cases in United States down 37%
                  - New Covid Deaths in United States down 20%
                  - New Covid cases World Wide down for 6th straight Week
                  - Johnson/Johnson one shot vaccine deemed very effective by FDA for 3rd Effective Vaccine
                  - Drug manufacturers have agreed to work together to fix Vaccine delays

Negative Fact - Biden - 2 days ago that normalization of lives in the U.S. will Hopefully happen by Christmas because the Covid crisis is politically important.

Comment

• Dr. Faucci is just a geek. He doesn't care if hundreds of thousands of people commit suicide, if the fall into alcoholism or drug abuse. All he cares about is the virus. It doesn't matter to him if millions of folks lose their jobs or if their small businesses slide into bankruptcy. He's just a geek. He can't even think that way. Kids falling behind in their education doesn't matter to him. Those things don't even enter his thinking. And most of us are just following that geek, blindly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Dr. Faucci is just a geek. He doesn't care if hundreds of thousands of people commit suicide, if the fall into alcoholism or drug abuse. All he cares about is the virus. It doesn't matter to him if millions of folks lose their jobs or if their small businesses slide into bankruptcy. He's just a geek. He can't even think that way. Kids falling behind in their education doesn't matter to him. Those things don't even enter his thinking. And most of us are just following that geek, blindly.
                      Except when he said several days ago that the Covid Package needs to be passed to aid in knocking down the virus but out of the 1.9 Trillion dollar bill, less than 10% is for the virus, and the rest is for Democrat boondoggle plans. He then sounds like a political hack.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Dr. Faucci is just a geek. He doesn't care if hundreds of thousands of people commit suicide, if the fall into alcoholism or drug abuse. All he cares about is the virus. It doesn't matter to him if millions of folks lose their jobs or if their small businesses slide into bankruptcy. He's just a geek. He can't even think that way. Kids falling behind in their education doesn't matter to him. Those things don't even enter his thinking. And most of us are just following that geek, blindly.
                        Actually, he's a hero.

https://tntribune.com/public-health-...n-david-prize/

Public Health Hero: Dr. Anthony Fauci Wins $1M Dan David Prize

TEL AVIV — Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the U.S. National Institutes of Health — and the public face of Covid-19 policy in the United States who at times found himself at odds with ex-President Donald J. Trump — has won a 2021 Dan David Prize of $1 million.

The Israeli late businessman and philanthropist Dan David established the international prize in 2001 at Tel Aviv University. Every year, three prizes of $1 million each are awarded to globally inspiring individuals and organizations. Laureates donate 10 percent of the money to scholarships for researchers in their respective fields at the university.

“The coronavirus pandemic has presented humanity with new challenges,” said Prof. Ariel Porat, president of the university and chairperson of the Dan David Prize Board. “Therefore, this year, we decided to honor the fields at the forefront of the battle against the virus — health and medicine. International review committees selected this year’s laureates for their pioneering work and their exceptional contributions to humanity in these fields in three time dimensions: past, present and future.”

There's not been a Republican platform since the beginning of time dealing with suicide outside of veterans. It only began to be spun about 6 months ago on FOX in close harmony with Trump's plan of death. I almost laugh out loud when I hear you guys comment on the subject. Anything to keep the Covid pandemic delusion alive, the delusion that it doesn't exist.

"Kids falling behind in their education" ???

This is the same party that supports vouchers and homeschooling. Now kids are falling behind because they can't cut it at home?

Alcoholism and drug abuse?

The Republicans are the bleeding hearts of 2020-21?

I think not. This is just an incredibly poor attempt at slight of hand by Trumpers who want to believe their leader was right by shifting the goal posts and regurgitating failed propaganda.

http://uknow.uky.edu/research/there-...ogist-explains

UKNow: Are youth suicide rates on the rise? If so, what role does the pandemic play — if any at all?

Cerel: In the U.S., youth suicide has been on the rise for most of the last decade. It is too early to tell if 2020 suicide death rates are up — this data takes more than a year to compile. But we’re hearing suicide deaths seem to be down, even if attempts and help-seeking are way up. For years, we have been encouraging people to seek help if they or their children are having suicidal thoughts. Perhaps, people are listening to these messages that help is available and to reach out before it is too late.
                        https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...irus-pandemic/

Hawaii suicide rate decreases during coronavirus pandemic

WAILUKU, Hawaii (AP) — The Hawaii Department of Health said suicide rates decreased during the COVID-19 pandemic compared with previous years.

Data for 2020 provided by the health department did not indicate a significant connection between suicide and the pandemic, The Maui News reported Saturday.

The average number of deaths by suicide were higher in February, just before the pandemic hit, and lowest in April, June, September and December, the department reported.

″(The) conclusion was no apparent increase in deaths by suicide in 2020 compared to previous years, in any county,” said Dr. Dan Galanis, a state epidemiologist in the health department’s Injury Prevention Branch.
                        I know what I would be doing had this pandemic hit when I was 12-18. I would be partying my ass off with my crew.

Masks don't cause bankruptcy. Ignoring the seriousness of the pandemic and continually inferring that it is a hoax or political is very dangerous. The longer we have until this country is back to normal, the more pain and suffering we will all have to endure. IF we ignore the recommendations of Fauci et al, we risk having to endure far more pain than necessary. Had Fauci been in charge of this country's Covid response from the start, we'd have had this virus totally under control. This could have been shut down last April. Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. kept the whole thing alive for the 2nd and 3rd act.

Hard nationwide 8 week lockdown followed by national mask mandate (w/ penalty); robust testing, contact tracing, and enforced quarantines of all positives. We would have 8-10 weeks of hell, after that it would be smooth sailing. But that was never going to happen with the Tweet Master screeching LiBeRaTe MiChiGaN!111 LiBeRaTe ViRgiNiA!111

Trump owes this country about 350,000+ souls.

Comment

• Fauci won $1 million? You don’t say. Follow the money... geek.

How is it Trump’s fault for any deaths? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Don’t wanna go out? Don’t. Don’t want your kids to come over? Don’t. Don’t want grown children living with you to bring it home? Ground them or kick em out.

lol it’s a damn virus. A lockdown would’ve just delayed the infection surge for a few months. I love all of these arm chair quarterbacks telling everybody what should’ve been done 12 months later. It’s a virus. You can’t stop it. You may delay it but you won’t stop it. And where were you at last February Cold telling everybody about these plans? Because February was the time to do it, which is still laughable to even imagine trying. The virus was already here in January and unless your last name is Christ, you didn’t see it coming. That’s because it’s a virus.

So STFU already about your “if Trump would’ve been God he would’ve saved 300,000 lives” shtick.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Fauci won $1 million? You don’t say. Follow the money... geek.

How is it Trump’s fault for any deaths? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Don’t wanna go out? Don’t. Don’t want your kids to come over? Don’t. Don’t want grown children living with you to bring it home? Ground them or kick em out.

lol it’s a damn virus. A lockdown would’ve just delayed the infection surge for a few months. I love all of these arm chair quarterbacks telling everybody what should’ve been done 12 months later. It’s a virus. You can’t stop it. You may delay it but you won’t stop it. And where were you at last February Cold telling everybody about these plans? Because February was the time to do it, which is still laughable to even imagine trying. The virus was already here in January and unless your last name is Christ, you didn’t see it coming. That’s because it’s a virus.

So STFU already about your “if Trump would’ve been God he would’ve saved 300,000 lives” shtick.
                            I'm literally begging you to go back and read what I posted last February.

It's been the end of last February since I actually sat down inside a restaurant for a meal. On the Border if my memory serves.... *sigh*

Armchair quarterbacks... lol

My prescription is the same as Fauci's, is the same as Australia's, is the same as every other country that has kept this virus under virtual lock and key.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Comment

• Not triggered. You’re the one insistently going on and on about it like it’s ever gonna change or that if some other president was in power the virus would’ve magically just “shut down”.

Australia is a pretty laughable comparison. Isolated continent with low population density going through summer in a pretty temporal climate. And you’re comparing that place to 350 million people scattered across 5000 miles that actually has seasons. Way to work your magic there.

And all you did was tout about how awesome Germany was a few months ago. Or that India was gonna fall off into the Indian Ocean. How come you never talk about them anymore?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not triggered. You’re the one insistently going on and on about it like it’s ever gonna change or that if some other president was in power the virus would’ve magically just “shut down”.

Australia is a pretty laughable comparison. Isolated continent with low population density going through summer in a pretty temporal climate. And you’re comparing that place to 350 million people scattered across 5000 miles that actually has seasons. Way to work your magic there.

And all you did was tout about how awesome Germany was a few months ago. Or that India was gonna fall off into the Indian Ocean. How come you never talk about them anymore?
                                Trump ****ed up. Big-time! The sooner you admit it, the sooner you can heal. The sooner my posts won't trigger you.

Truth and the entire scientific community of the planet is on my side friend. I have nothing to prove. I'm just fascinated by how long some will hold onto Trump's narrative. I mean the guy lost, he's gone, he's literally banned from the American consciousness due to his own seditious actions. In his final stroke of genius on Jan. 6th, he legitimized all the rantings of Antifa and damaged the Republican party for the foreseeable future.

People used to wonder when Trump won the primary if he was secretly working for the Democrats. Well... he just handed them the White House, the Senate, Congress, left the Republican party in shambles, and destroyed the reputation (by association) of many remaining conservative politicians. We're starting from ****ing scratch.

All we have left is Pence, and while he's a nice guy, if he is our candidate for 2024, Biden is guaranteed two terms. Pence makes All "Wood" Gore look soft and squishy by comparison. And his Christian fundamentalism will turn off 65% of the voting public from the onset. The reason Trump won is because he was "dirty" enough to trick a few secular democrats over to our side. Pence will get ZERO of those. We'd need someone like Schwarzenegger to win, and that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X