Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    She's about as phony an idiotic as it gets on the left, and that is REALLY saying something. There is nothing redeeming about her to be honest. She looks like a robot because of all the botox and fillers in her dumb face.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No. They discontinued it because to many people wanted to get testing [face palm].
      Then someone please help me out. Are only those presumed positive, and those who might have come into contact with someone positive, the only ones getting tested?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Pretty much. I feel bad for the kids that have been practicing football... it's a punch in the gut.

"The Orange level is intended to be enacted when a 10%-14.9% positive case rate exists in Sedgwick County over a period of two weeks, with 101-150 new cases present in the county during that time. It calls for pre-kindergarten through grade 5 students to be taught either onsite or via remote learning, and grades 6-12 students to be strictly limited to remote learning. That applies to activities, including sports, too, and visitor access to schools should be “extremely limited by appointment.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wi...us/ar-BB18dqRs
        Oof, based on cases.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Question: Is the Positivity Color Graph based on a particular set of testing criteria?

If 15% is bad, so bad that you have to shut down, what is the criteria for who you are testing? Only doctor suggested patients? Randomly selected test cases....cross section of society.....kids only....nursing home units......only covidiot non-mask wearers......what?

There has to be some science to it, one would think.

Comment

• LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Question: Is the Positivity Color Graph based on a particular set of testing criteria?

If 15% is bad, so bad that you have to shut down, what is the criteria for who you are testing? Only doctor suggested patients? Randomly selected test cases....cross section of society.....kids only....nursing home units......only covidiot non-mask wearers......what?

the McPherson county “orange” equivalent is MT 0.05%, so a couple of orders of magnitude.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Then someone please help me out. Are only those presumed positive, and those who might have come into contact with someone positive, the only ones getting tested?
                This is straight from the Sedgwick county website

Sedgwick County test residents who are symptomatic or who are priority asymptomatic workers, which include first responders, healthcare workers (including home health and long-term care), law enforcement, detention facility workers, Direct Support Professionals, or if they work in residential group living facilities. At this time, the County does not have plans to coordinate testing for people in Sedgwick County who are asymptomatic except for the workers listed above.
                This is why Sedgwick County is >10%, they are bailing out the titanic with cup with holes in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Question: Is the Positivity Color Graph based on a particular set of testing criteria?

There is actually a science to it - but you will actually have to go to another State to find out about that because our Governor choose "Medieval" tools (face diapers) versus actually utilizing real science of robust testing, tracing and identifying the sick.

Comment

There is actually a science to it - but you will actually have to go to another State to find out about that because our Governor choose "Medieval" tools (face diapers) versus actually utilizing real science of robust testing, tracing and identifying the sick.
                    Those little masks they hand out at all the stores do look like sanitary napkins lol.

We never had the organization to do robust testing and contact tracing - particularly at the level of infection we currently face. The horses are all outta the barn at this point. We are in full community spread. We're down to every man and woman for himself.

Testing and tracing should have been nationalized like other countries. It should have been a military effort. Trump went way too Libertarian on the issue.

If you don't want to join the Covid party, you need to mask tightly and minimize your exposure to other people. Plain and simple. If you are going to take a risk, you better make the return at least equivalent to it. Otherwise, hold on tightly until the winter when herd immunity will kick into overdrive (I'm speaking of vaccinations, but the "other" herd immunity effort - Covidiocy and selfish youngsters - will continue unabated.)

I say we're at 50% herd immunity by Jan 1st and 75% by April if we get vaccine participation. Next spring will be a celebration of sorts and I'll begin mine by a little travel and some Shocker Baseball!!!

The world as we know it may have seemed to be ending at times, but... we've. got. Wedge!

Comment

This is straight from the Sedgwick county website

This is why Sedgwick County is >10%, they are bailing out the titanic with cup with holes in it.
                      From what I've heard, the testing of inmates is what put the county over 10%. Why are they included in the count? They are, and will continue to be, isolated in "quarantine". Right?

I really feel sorry for the high school athletes who are some of biggest victims of our counties stupidity. Kiss those possible scholarships goodbye kids. Now they can sit at home and stare at a computer for the rest of the year knowing the county commissioners are saving their lives. After all, ~450 people under the age of 44 have died of this plague nationwide. Better chance to win the lotto? Maybe.

Comment

From what I've heard, the testing of inmates is what put the county over 10%. Why are they included in the count? They are, and will continue to be, isolated in "quarantine". Right?

I really feel sorry for the high school athletes who are some of biggest victims of our counties stupidity. Kiss those possible scholarships goodbye kids. Now they can sit at home and stare at a computer for the rest of the year knowing the county commissioners are saving their lives. After all, ~450 people under the age of 44 have died of this plague nationwide. Better chance to win the lotto? Maybe.
                        Death is not the only bad outcome with Covid-19. In fact, it might be a preferable one in some circumstances.

That being said, high school athletes should still be allowed to compete... just not go back home for a month and a half after school starts. Let 'em live in barracks in the gym and get a little taste of growing up. Win-win!

Comment

Yes the jail testing they did last week is a killer on the dashboard. 1200+ at 41% positive rate. It will take 2 weeks to clear that. I don’t know why it would be include except if they keep the numbers higher than 10% then they can keep the restrictions in place.

Also, I’m surprised with the football decision. Why did the USD 259 announce 2 days ago they were going to cancel non-conference play and only have city league play, then to cancel (prematurely) the season two days later?

There is really no reason why they needed to make that decision now. The dashboard was actually had a positive trend until they had several retirement home and the jail covid clusters get tested for. Who know how it might look in two weeks. Elections have consequences, even at the school board level.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Death is not the only bad outcome with Covid-19. In fact, it might be a preferable one in some circumstances.
                            I hope that whatever your preferred outcome is that you are able to obtain it.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That being said, high school athletes should still be allowed to compete... just not go back home for a month and a half after school starts. Let 'em live in barracks in the gym and get a little taste of growing up. Win-win!
                              OMG. Can't believe I'm going to ask this.....

What is worse than death, Cold? Enlighten me.

Comment

OMG. Can't believe I'm going to ask this.....

What is worse than death, Cold? Enlighten me.
                                Biden / Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X