Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/88065

The HIGHLY esteemed doctor has spoken. Plain English for all to understand.

A couple other points before leaving:

Hydroxychloroquine? Really? I mean... I wanted it to be real too in the beginning but... C'mon people.

https://medcitynews.com/2020/08/why-...-for-covid-19/

100% political bullshit being used to manipulate the easily manipulated...

And regarding teacher vs nurse pay... wtf? does that have to do with frontline coronavirus risk? Teachers are going to have MORE exposure than nurses and doctors. Every single kid is going to get infected. While science has indicated that child (K-7?) to adult transmission SEEMS to be rare at this point, you've got to imagine that the virus will "find a way". And Covid-19 severity of infection from person to person is still not well understood. Middle School and High School teachers will absolutely be ground zero for this pandemic. Every single one of them will be exposed, and ultimately infected. If I were in their shoes I would sign up for the most respected vaccine trial available ASAP. It's the proper strategic play.

https://www.jweekly.com/2020/07/19/i...ted-kids-home/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...tl-ldn-vpx.cnn

https://www.dailysabah.com/world/eur...tract-covid-19

It's not even a debate. Bump their pay 50-100% until the vaccine arrives. Treat them like THEIR lives matter.
    Why?

Seriously, just wear a mask and it's all good. Right? At least almost everyone should be safe with masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Why?

Seriously, just wear a mask and it's all good. Right? At least almost everyone should be safe with masks.
      Owned
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Why?

I'm going to assume you don't have an angle here. Because if you do... it's really, really bad.

So to answer an honest question honestly:

Masks offer some measure of protection; some protect the wearer (N95), some only protect the "wearee" (various types of multi-layered materials) and only at certain particulate sizes.

The guidance regarding mask wearing is assuming "light" contact with individuals outside your home. By light this would mean brief visits to stores and other types of merchants following capacity restriction guidelines. It would also apply to outdoor activities where people are congregating and fresh air isn't sufficient enough to diffuse the potential circulating virus particles before they are a legitimate threat.

If you are going to be in constant contact with "the infected" then CDC PPE guidelines with respect to doffing and donning procedures should be strictly followed.

A classroom would be a few grades lower than a hospital Covid ward but miles from walking through a store shared by the general population. An exception to this would be severe hotspots in dense areas like NYC back in March/April. In a classroom you are going to be exposed to infected children. A "viral cloud" will develop (from breathing, talking, etc.) where there is insufficient fresh air circulation. Interestingly, as pointed out by various airflow studies in meatpacking plants, the wrong kind of airflow can actually exacerbate the problem. In this situation you are actually increasing the risk (as with a fan) rather then mitigating it (as with open windows and fans blowing outside).

Classroom teachers will most likely be wearing scarves, cloth masks, and surgical masks. Essentially they will have nearly zero personal protection. They will be protecting the children from any large droplets they may eject. The children will try and wear something half-assed which will essentially be mostly ineffective because...... children.

While there seems to be growing anecdotal evidence that "younger" children are not primary vectors with respect to infecting the adults, they do show massive viral blooms when swabbed. This seems contradictory on the surface, but there are those who believe most of the positive material is viral RNA, and not specifically, "wholly" infectious virus. Regardless, this "benefit" becomes null and void as the child starts to mature. The exact age where they seem to infect at the same rate as older folk, is not specified. I would surmise that puberty would be an indication of rising infection potential.

So as I mentioned in a previous post, one method to blunt the eventual massive infection event that will undoubtedly occur if all schools open for business like normal, is to "quarantine" the students (and teachers) for 4-6 weeks in a barracks-like situation - cots in the gymnasium, auditorium, etc. Everybody starting school will go into it expecting to get infected. Some children will get seriously ill.. some will die. But it will be a small number. It will no doubt scare the living **** out of everyone involved thanks to CNN, MSNBC, etc. But the only other responsible alternative is to just keep the kids home-schooled until the vaccine is available. How will our economy handle another 6 mos. of no school?

This leaves the teachers who are MUCH more vulnerable to bad Covid outcomes than the children. Many will get very sick (requiring substitutes), every moderate-sized and larger city will have teacher's die, and some will have long-lasting complications. This threat is not a normal threat a teacher contemplates when picking out their class schedule in college. This is more like what a soldier would contemplate when enlisting. Soldiers get combat pay, therefore...

The End

Comment

• Wearer and wearee are the same thing. Since that was your opening, I stopped reading. If you correct your supposition here I will take it seriously to the next egregious error.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Wearer and wearee are the same thing. Since that was your opening, I stopped reading. If you correct your supposition here I will take it seriously to the next egregious error.
            Actually, wearee is not a real word. It was a subtle play on words that I knew from the onset, not everyone would get. It's okay. I'm not surprised you missed the forest for the trees. You still get excited to share your OFFICIAL MASK EXPERUMENT!!!111 at your workplace that proves ONCE AN FER ALLLLLLLLLL... that masks don't work.

I can't wait till your findings get published. Healthcare will be changed forever.

Comment

Actually, wearee is not a real word. It was a subtle play on words that I knew from the onset, not everyone would get. It's okay. I'm not surprised you missed the forest for the trees. You still get excited to share your OFFICIAL MASK EXPERUMENT!!!111 at your workplace that proves ONCE AN FER ALLLLLLLLLL... that masks don't work.

I can't wait till your findings get published. Healthcare will be changed forever.
              Oh I got it. It wasn’t subtle. It’s the type of obvious thing a schizophrenic might try to slip by to justify their paranoia. I’d like to have a real conversation and not indulge the fantastical whims of your delusions.

If you’d like to revise and start again, I will continue to read and will let you know if your ideologies are coherent.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Schizophrenia often causes spoken and written communication that is garbled, nonsensical or otherwise impossible forothers to follow. Examples of this disorganized speech may include: using words and sentences that do not fit together. inventing words or terms that make no sense to others.”

It’s science.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• I dunno. Masks sorta work? Not really? Dumb it down for an old man, please

Comment

Oh I got it. It wasn’t subtle. It’s the type of obvious thing a schizophrenic might try to slip by to justify their paranoia. I’d like to have a real conversation and not indulge the fantastical whims of your delusions.

If you’d like to revise and start again, I will continue to read and will let you know if your ideologies are coherent.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I dunno. Masks sorta work? Not really? Dumb it down for an old man, please

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I dunno. Masks sorta work? Not really? Dumb it down for an old man, please
                        If you are having a conversation with someone with rona and neither has a mask, you have 5 minutes until you get the rona.

If instead you have a cloth mask on, you have 6 minutes.

If you both have a cloth mask on, you get 7 plus some seconds.

If you have lots more layers and a tight knit, you get a little more time than those posted. If you are using a t-shirt you get less additional time than posted above.

It's not about work/don't work. It's about how much extra time you get in any given situation.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

-ee

Forming nouns from verbs.

Anglo-Norman French ‑é or ‑ee, from Latin ‑atus (past participial ending).

Words in ‑ee mark the passive recipient of an action, or a person affected in some way by the action of the verbs from which they have been formed: abductee, amputee, detainee, employee, inductee, internee, interviewee, licensee, nominee, patentee, trainee. In many cases, the active agent is marked by ‑er (see ‑er1) or ‑or (see ‑or1), as in interviewer or abductor; such pairs are common in legal usage, in which the ‑or form is common: lessor/lessee, vendor/vendee. A committee was originally a person to whom some duty has been committed; it can still have the legal sense of a person entrusted with the charge of someone else's property.

Some examples seem active rather than passive, and have been criticized for that reason: an absentee has actively absented him- or herself; an escapee has escaped, say from prison; a returnee has returned, perhaps from active military service oversees. However, several of these, especially escapee and returnee, have a useful nuance of an action completed rather than in process.

The suffix is active in the language, often being used to create words for a single use: apologee, embalmee, introducee, phonee, suggestee, vaccinee.
                          This is my last tip bud. I'm untying the mooring lines now. You're officially on your own.

Comment

• Speaking of being -ahem- "on your own": Good god**** riddance to this no-good waffling SOB. He was in over is head.

"Fauci’s advice, forecasts, and assessments proved to be wildly wrong, contradictory, and just plain bizarre: Don’t wear a mask! You must wear a mask. Masks are important as symbols. Put on goggles. Stay home! Churches must be severely restricted but Black Lives Matter marches and encounters with strangers met over the Internet are perfectly fine." When Anthony Fauci demanded a lockdown of the economy for an indefinite period he actually seemed oblivious to the havoc it would wreak on the economy and on people’s lives. But nooooooo, it's the President's fault... ; D

Waffler.jpg

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...otal-isolation (politicize that Snowflakes)- By Dr. Scott Atlas

Between 02-01-2020 and 08-12-2020 there has been 291 covid related deaths of people up to the age of 25, vs. 30,703 overall of the same age group, and this goofball wants to shut down schools, eh?
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 18, 2020, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you are having a conversation with someone with rona and neither has a mask, you have 5 minutes until you get the rona.

If instead you have a cloth mask on, you have 6 minutes.

If you both have a cloth mask on, you get 7 plus some seconds.

If you have lots more layers and a tight knit, you get a little more time than those posted. If you are using a t-shirt you get less additional time than posted above.

It's not about work/don't work. It's about how much extra time you get in any given situation.
                              IF you're within 6ft. (or whatever) right? Beyond that a mask is not necessary correct?

And this isn't a personal knock by any means, but now science has it down to minutes now, huh? Surprising in the very least.

Comment

This is my last tip bud. I'm untying the mooring lines now. You're officially on your own.
                                The fact that you still don’t understand how you misused the word says it all.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X