Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I assume you're agreeing with me that panic in unnecessary. Thank you.

China: 81,093 infected. 72,703 recovered. 1,749 remain in critical condition. 3,270 deaths. They have basically flat-lined since 3/1/20. No new cases reported (for whatever that's worth). These are aggregate numbers since 1/22/20.

USA: 41,569 infected. 39,838 in mild condition. 504 deaths.

Without getting personal, cause I really don't want to have to go there, these numbers need no analyzing. Draw your own conclusion:

[ATTACH=JSON][][/ATTACH]

Are any of these documented numbers confusing or hard to penetrate? I would hope not, but...

Inevitably, my stance is in line with this guy's, due to the existing numbers:
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ctionality?amp

"We can't let the cure be worse than the problem" - PDJT (don't anyone get rtiggered)

Does all of that factual data clarify my stance Fever?
    As of March 22, the CDC says 75263 tests have been administered.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html
    Livin the dream

Comment

What are the feelings on this thread of this malaria drug combined with an antibiotic that has a small sample size of COVID-19 patients may be effective in helping kill the bug?

Comment

We should dose every symptomatic person with it until we find something better. those are relatively low side-effect drugs, and not some new drug with no known side-effects. Worst case scenario is some rashes, low grade fevers, and yeast infections (I didn’t actually look up the side effects).
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

CDC numbers are ancient history. There have been about 250,000 tests in the US.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; March 23, 2020, 09:49 PM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Without appearing argumentative, I'm assuming you believe the number affected is higher, or way higher, than the 75263 tested as of Yesterday? But the mortality count would remain the same, meaning in real time, right? That would be an objective number (moralities).
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 23, 2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              What are the feelings on this thread of this malaria drug combined with an antibiotic that has a small sample size of COVID-19 patients may be effective in helping kill the bug?
              It's inexpensive, it's shown at least some promise with some side effects but not awful ones is my understanding. I think anyone that tests positive should at least be given the option if they want to be treated with this medication. I would chose it without hesitation.

Comment

Deaths.JPG

Day 1 started on 3/2/2020.

Comment

Whats the blue line?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Whats the blue line?
                    Probably projected?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Whats the blue line?
                      Trend line of the present death rate in U.S. R^2 is 98% for the curve fit. The equation is also listed if you want to see projections based on that curve fit.

R squared is coefficient of determination. R squared of 100% would be a perfect curve fit of the data.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Trend line of the present death rate in U.S. R^2 is 98% for the curve fit. The equation is also listed if you want to see projections based on that curve fit.

R squared is coefficient of determination. R squared of 100% would be a perfect curve fit of the data.
                        Cite the source please. Link?

Is part of the coefficient cases tested for the virus, probably (cases)?
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 23, 2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Deaths.JPG

Day 1 started on 3/2/2020.
                          So the US is gonna reach the number of deaths in 20 days that the entire world has reached in nearly 60 days since the first reported cases in China?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So the US is gonna reach the number of deaths in 20 days that the entire world has reached in nearly 60 days since the first reported cases in China?
                            I don’t know. I sure hope not. If anybody sets a new world record it will be Spain before the US though. Not sure what happened with them, but they were behind the US and then it exploded.

I just presented what the U.S. daily death have been. I added the best curve fit (e.g. One that had the best RSquare) and presented it.

Comment

The data shows exactly what I posted on the previous page. Louisiana is ahead of Italy after 15 days. New York is far ahead of Louisiana.

The 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 ramping about to hit the 1,000 to 2,000 to 4,000 to 8,000 because people are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why would anyone believe that absurd projection? Not even worth addressing.

This biophysicist, by the way a Nobel laureate recipient, states there is no need to panic, based on real numbers from "Ground Zero." Those numbers can't be ignored when engaging in an intelligent conversation. Common sense should prevail.

Just throwing it out there for the sake of healthy conversation:

https://news.yahoo.com/why-nobel-lau...210318391.html
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 24, 2020, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X