Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Without appearing argumentative, I'm assuming you believe the number affected is higher, or way higher, than the 75263 tested as of Yesterday? But the mortality count would remain the same, meaning in real time, right? That would be an objective number (moralities).
    No idea. I think the number is somewhere above the current confirmed and somewhere below a 1 log increase.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

CDC numbers are ancient history. There have been about 250,000 tests in the US.

Where do you get your numbers? CDC was all I could find.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Cite the source please. Link?

Is part of the coefficient cases tested for the virus, probably (cases)?
        You can get it from Worldometer. The log graph is linear.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So the US is gonna reach the number of deaths in 20 days that the entire world has reached in nearly 60 days since the first reported cases in China?
          Remember that China shut everything down and quit testing people that were already dying. They stopped new deaths in a couple of ways and are no longer the epicenter. If that projection continues unabridged, the US will still be a small percentage of the world deaths.
          Livin the dream

Comment

This idiot speaks for himself.......
            “Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” Patrick told Tucker Carlson.

I vote he goes first. I hope he takes me up on it.....

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Where do you get your numbers? CDC was all I could find.
              Yes, it was difficult to find and I had to pull it from Pence quotes until I found this:

That number skews slightly lower than what Mike Pence has been reporting, but still in the ballpark.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Something also worth discussing here, insane levels of unemployment are about to hit the US because of the response:

Agreed-upon $2 trillion stimulus package expands unemployment insurance for those negatively affected by COVID-19. This post will be updated.

A tsunami of layoffs is coming. Goldman Sachs estimates that the Labor Department weekly unemployment report due to be released on Thursday will show 2.3 million people filing new claims for unemployment insurance, up from the already elevated 281,000 in last week’s report.
                unemploymentbenefits.jpg
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I hereby dub this era "The Great Fattening". I had no idea when we were hoarding food that more than 50% of it should have been something other than potato chips.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

nm

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

But this is probably a different type of unemployment. If this isn't an extended shutdown a bunch of those should go right back into their jobs

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                        What are the feelings on this thread of this malaria drug combined with an antibiotic that has a small sample size of COVID-19 patients may be effective in helping kill the bug?
                        Preliminary evidence only. By the time we figure out the right dosing and the potential SE's, this will be over. Experiment for the NEXT round of Sars-CoVid virus.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

It's inexpensive, it's shown at least some promise with some side effects but not awful ones is my understanding. I think anyone that tests positive should at least be given the option if they want to be treated with this medication. I would chose it without hesitation.
                          ABSOLUTELY wrong thing to do! 1. not enough of either drug exists to implement this in time. 2. NO ONE knows what happens when you take these together, at what doses, over time. 3. WHO gets it; those with insurance to pay, those without insurance but with cash, everyone.... is it first come/first served? Are we ready for celebrities to take the meds literally out of the mouths of your mother/grandmother/you? No, current use is for palliative care only; everything else has been tried, and the patient is still spiraling down. Most folks will recover; they don't need treatment. Use it in select cases.

Comment

Lack of definitive evidence has not stopped exploding demand for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, drugs that are critical for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients.

Comment

The anti-malaria drug is used more in the USA for autoimmune disorders, like lupus. About 50 million Americans have such a disorder, though likely only a small percentage use this specific drug.

Right now, they cannot get this drug because people (including doctors) are hoarding it. Many of whom don't even have coronavirus, just the fear that they might get it or that their sniffles are the virus.

These drugs prevent things like mild lupus from progressing to kidney failure and become almost daily multivitamins for those affected. It also is used by rheumatoid arthritis sufferers.

When we say "I want my grandmother to have this" what we are doing is promoting taking it from people with actual diseases to treat the families of doctors and those wealthy enough to secure the drug, most often well in advance of actual coronavirus sickness.

There isn't enough of this drug to promote its untested use in this application.

Comment

I can’t read the times, but the post states that doctors were using it as a prophylactic. That’s a problem. Also, 130 million doses are about to be donated if approved.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X