Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Growth rate, not cases.

While it's clear that an airborne pathogen is going to have a field day in a place like a bar/restaurant, what likely isn't clear to most is the fact that shutting down bars/restaurants when growth rates are rising quickly, is not nearly enough.

Up until a certain threshold you must:

1) Test aggressively and indiscriminately
    2) Contact trace thoroughly and enforce quarantines
    3) Enforce masks in all indoor buildings

After a certain threshold you must:

1) Shut every effing community meeting opportunity down for a period of weeks at a time.
    2) Test everyone on the street in outbreak areas and remove/invite infected from their household (if appropriate - can't leave kids at home alone) to a healthcare center for observation and further testing.

This is roughly what all the successful countries did and should be the official guidebook for the future - particularly if the next one is worse.

And before people start squealing about the "removing from household" part; in a war, soldiers are conscripted. Logic then follows that in a dangerous pandemic, it isn't outrageous to expect the infected to chill at a healthcare facility until they are no longer contagious. This serves two purposes: 1) it obviously removes them from the community, and 2) it puts them in direct contact with healthcare if they take a turn for the worse. Win-win.
    In the middle of WSU's regular season championship clinching game, you're here posting about your covid doom and gloom.

Embarrassing. Probably didn't even know the game was going on. The only game you're following is on the worldometer website. So sad.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Some one need to get Health and Welfare check for Cold.

covid.JPG
      Alarming and terrifying to think about being normal again.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Normal gives them less control and power over us
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Normal gives them less control and power over us
          I think they kind of like that control and power thing. I expect them to come up with something else.

Comment

Normal gives them less control and power over us
            Conspiratorial thinking.

I'm fairly confident Uncle Joe would give up the presidency in exchange for Covid disappearing from the face of the earth. He said as much in the general election.

And in regards to power hungry politicians... the most recent one willing to set fire to the Constitution in order to retain power was a Republican.

Sometimes people just want to do the right thing without any ulterior motives whatsoever. I'll give Joseph H. the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Everybody is going to get a clean slate after what I've witnessed the last 12 months.

Comment

Conspiratorial thinking.

I'm fairly confident Uncle Joe would give up the presidency in exchange for Covid disappearing from the face of the earth. He said as much in the general election.

And in regards to power hungry politicians... the most recent one willing to set fire to the Constitution in order to retain power was a Republican.

Sometimes people just want to do the right thing without any ulterior motives whatsoever. I'll give Joseph H. the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Everybody is going to get a clean slate after what I've witnessed the last 12 months.
              When have our elected representatives ever relinquished control after attaining it? The Dems are no different than the Rs in that regard. It's why they both continually and happily extend the God forsaken PATRIOT Act and extend the overreaching surveillance state.

But keep on believing that your grand leader is all benevolent and only has the best interest of the nation at heart. Your obsession with Trump is kinda sickening. I didn't like the guy, or vote for him, but he's hardly as evil as you try to paint him. Not saying he was benevolent either, but you aren't even close to being objective about either president.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

When have our elected representatives ever relinquished control after attaining it?
                If you're referring to U.S. presidents; at the end of their 4/8 yr. term. Like clockwork.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                But keep on believing that your grand leader is all benevolent and only has the best interest of the nation at heart.
                My grand leader... lol.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Your obsession with Trump is kinda sickening. I didn't like the guy, or vote for him, but he's hardly as evil as you try to paint him. Not saying he was benevolent either, but you aren't even close to being objective about either president.
                If you're sickened by the mere possibility that a guy like Trump is being treated unfairly by me, then I suspect you are much more invested in the orange fool than you may be admitting...

You don't know my political history so I'll let you in on a little secret: I voted for Trump the first go around. I was a big supporter. Got the hat and everything. He did things that gave me pause, but I turned a blind eye. Eventually he made it abundantly clear that he was not playing with a full deck and I had been duped. But this goes a lot further than a bruised ego. I believe that I, as well as the others who voted for him are partially responsible for much of the harm and death that has befallen this country. But at least I didn't vote for him twice...

I have something to thank Trump for though. I am a changed man now. Call it forced enlightenment. I don't see R or D any longer (although I do see S). I used to call myself a Moderate Republican, but I am absolutely certified Independent from now on. I am completely unplugged and open-minded. Zero biases beyond the constraints of my core principles.

Comment

Conspiratorial thinking.

Still in character I see ; D It's always a pleasure to check in with you, because you say some of the dumbest stuff of anyone on this board, but, giving you the benefit of the doubt, you might be sincere ; P

Double Dummies.jpg

What next, stinky fingers is going to open the borders during a pandemic? Oh, wait...

Comment

• Biden CDC says no mask or social distancing needed once vaccinated. I assume his is true for all of us who have been naturally vaccinated .

Comment

• Sedgwick County positivity rate drops below 3% for the first time since mid June. The media doesn’t seem to be reporting on positivity rates anymore for some reason.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Sedgwick County positivity rate drops below 3% for the first time since mid June. The media doesn’t seem to be reporting on positivity rates anymore for some reason.
                        It's Girl Scout eating season Fev...jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

It's Girl Scout eating season Fev...jeez.
                          That's gross!!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's gross!!
                            I just reread it...sorry...Girl Scout cookie eating season! Leave it to you to take it places!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I just reread it...sorry...Girl Scout cookie eating season! Leave it to you to take it places!!!
                              ****** wheeeeww ******
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Can't see the running death counts or infection rates anywhere (my limited checks as I rarely tune to the news anymore). Dead solid proof the media politicized this from the get go.

I stand by my comments months ago.

I still want to compare total deaths before during and after this thing to see what the numbers are.

This thing is over. Nobody ever wanted to kill anyone, and they sure don't now. But it is OVER. The doctors are much better prepared to treat it, we know who is adversely affected by it and the recovered folks, combined with those that still don't know they had it (and there are a TON of those) and those vaccinated and it's OVER.

Almost 9% of the population has been confirmed to have the virus. Almost 18% have had at least 1 dose. Considering how contagious the virus is and the fact that a plurality of patients are either asymptomatic or so mild that they don't know they had it, AND given the rapid decline of cases (and it's NOT because of increased mask wearing) it's likely that at least another 5% have had it and don't know it.

Now if someone wants to back out the 2-14 people that have had it again, be my guest.

That's 32% that have some level of effective immunity. And that number is growing by more than a full percentage point every other day. By the end of this month that means we'll be nearing 45% AT LEAST with antibodies, potentially well over 50%.

We know who is high risk. If you are, take precautions. I will, for instance, until I get my vaccine, which with the ****ing idiot Gov and the even more moronic mayor of Wichita, that will probably be another 6 months, but let the few of us that need to be concerned fend for ourselves and let the rest of the country get back to business.

IT IS OVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X