Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The process is crazy because of the timing. The tactics of it are crazy. If poor mrs Ford is telling the truth, the Dems don’t care. They are using her politically.
    Ok lets go down this road real quick. Everyone says dirty trick what the Dems did. What would you have had Feinstein do? She received a letter, but then in discussion with the woman who sent it, the woman indicated she wasn't willing or prepared to go forward to it. So she sat on it as anyone with any decency should do. Then probably because of discussion on her staff or the Rep staff rumors started circulating about the existence of said letter. At that point she submitted to the FBI, and once it was submitted to the FBI, thus making accessible to everyone on the Senate Judiciary Committee and their staffs could see it and it almost immediately leaked to the press. So then Ford was under pressure and realized she actually did have to come forward. What would you have done differently?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Ok lets go down this road real quick. Everyone says dirty trick what the Dems did. What would you have had Feinstein do? She received a letter, but then in discussion with the woman who sent it, the woman indicated she wasn't willing or prepared to go forward to it. So she sat on it as anyone with any decency should do. Then probably because of discussion on her staff or the Rep staff rumors started circulating about the existence of said letter. At that point she submitted to the FBI, and once it was submitted to the FBI, thus making accessible to everyone on the Senate Judiciary Committee and their staffs could see it and it almost immediately leaked to the press. So then Ford was under pressure and realized she actually did have to come forward. What would you have done differently?
      Sorry I don’t buy what Feinstein says at all. She only cares about winning against a more left Democrat who is running against her. She is only about self preservation and not about the truth. She held this letter so it makes her look better in the liberal bastion of San Francisco.

Comment

• Two things...if it was credible, she should have brought it out immediately. She leaked what it might say to disrupt the hearing...after not questioning BK on it ever...then she leaked the document. This was a planned last ditch effort

Then Ford wouldn’t go east to testify on Monday. Then she wouldn’t allow anyone to come to her. Then she couldn’t fly. Then she did fly for the 6th time in 2 years. During that delay two more allegations came out. She should have testified immediately.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Send it to the FBI immediately like any person with integrity would do

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post

Send it to the FBI immediately like any person with integrity would do
            Even if it's against the wishes of the accuser? I wouldn't advise that at all.

Comment

There are reasons why accusers can’t be anonymous.

Comment

• Cory Booker: I am Spartacus!!

Lindsey Graham: Hold my beer!!

Comment

You don’t know anything about how to report this type of issue.

Comment

Wasn’t leaking against the wishes of the accuser? Why is she writing anonymous accusations and sending them to the Dems? Again, this is a political circus regardless of truth.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I think the rules say that the allegations are discussed privately in bipartisan committee and investigated prior to their becoming public. Then the accused party is told, again privately, and given a chance to withdraw if it is found to have merit. Feinstein broke the rules to create this circus.

Comment

• My personal theory. Judge Kavanaugh did not do the things in question to Dr. Ford. His friend Judge was involved. Who the other boy was I have no idea.

I base this on the way Judge has given his statement through his lawyer. He is very wishy washy in his denial of the party. But his denial that kavanaugh was not involved is very clear.

His girlfriend's account of Judges past specifically states that he didn't name other names including Kavanaugh's.

There are other things that make me uneasy about Mark Judge.

Disclaimer. I have less knowledge and evidence on this than Ford has on Kavanaugh.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                          ShockingButTrue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Another question I have is where did she previously know him from? If it had been established, and maybe it had, I missed it. Were there prior acquaintances at other get-togethers?

• Just watched a few minutes of the Ford opening statement. I wasn't convinced. Her whining voice seemed contrived. If you could actually start insta-crying over a 35 yr. old incident that lasted a minute or two and where nothing effectively ever happened save for some groping, there would be much evidence of trauma surfacing throughout her entire life. It's gonna take a lot more than a request for a double front door to convince me.

Because she is a woman and yelled rape, her life and credibility couldn't be examined. That's off limits - especially for Republicans. Had we been able to thoroughly check her background, it would have been interesting to see her behavior after that party. Did she continue to go to other parties "with boys and beer"? Did she have other relationships soon after? Was she promiscuous?

Hopefully after Brett is confirmed and this whole thing is behind us, a few more stories will come out about the good doctor and her credibility over the last 35 years. I mean, it's only fair.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Kung Wu
                          Kung Wu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Don't agree with your take on his drinking. He did drink often, and probably lot, but I think he was a lightweight with a soft stomach and didn't drink to the point of passing out. He was one of the nerd athletes that partied but didn't overdo it.

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/51886297.jpg

He seemed very nervous when questioned about drinking till blackout. This boy got wasted a lot. I don't know if he was Johnny 6-pack or Johnny 12-pack but he imbibed heavily relative to his weight.

It doesn't mean he's a rapist.

I also sense a nerd vibe. But nerds are more common in wealthy private schools. And this boy had no problem building a social network. He's hanging out with the school QB and has dozens of "friends that happen to be girls" on speed dial?

T

• ShockingButTrue
                          Editing a comment
                          He didn't strike me as a nerd at all. His account reminded me of some of my buddies who did a little of this, and a little of that, getting ready to watch the big Georgetown vs. Louisville game on CBS SportsSaturday. Remember?

Heck, one of his notes from 82 noted he was set to attend the Five-Star basketball camp. That was about as big a camp as there was, pre AAU days.
                          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 28, 2018, 12:16 AM.

• Worked today, didn't watch any TV. Listened to the radio some. Seems like the most important thing that came out that I heard, was that she named 4 people that she claimed were witnesses. All 4 of those said in sworn statements, that they never saw any such thing occur. That should do it, I would think.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                          Editing a comment
                          Case closed.

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cruz summed it up in as many words but he did it like a boss...

T

• ShockingButTrue
                          Editing a comment
                          Cruz won me over when he candidly stated a few week ago "the dems are just trying to relitigate the 2016 election." Totally surprised me. He's become an ally.

I wanna ask a question for people. Regardless if the assault did or did not happen. Do you all believe his answers with regards to his experiences with alcohol? Do you believe his explanation for Renate Alumnus? Neither of these answers and explanations seem honest or believable given all we've heard of him from all his contemporaries. Especially since Renate herself did not take the statement the way he explains it. Then one last question if you don't believe those answers, do you care that he could be lying under oath in order to protect his image and avoid dangerous lines of questioning and character questions?
                        The Dems went fast and hard concerning his teenage drinking escapades, mostly with evidence culled from his high school yearbook. I would say there's nothing wrong with that strategy, a tad overplayed as it was.

What's curious is why her high school records of note, that being her yearbook at Holton-Arms, were scrubbed from the web Sept. 17th. There's evidence it contained multiples photos and references to binge drinking, and subsequently not remembering any of it. The very thing Kavanaugh was grilled about repeatedly today. The yearbook in question also contained many racist images as well. If it is still up, which I don't believe it is, anyone can go to the Cult of The First Amendment blog and see for oneself. If his yearbook was fair game, why not hers?

My point is this, and it is something that ignited my spidey sense right away: Who in the hell believes that she couldn't remember how she got there, got home, where it was at, at what time, with who, and with what, but remembers she had "only one beer?" Yeah, right...

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 27, 2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The Dems went fast and hard concerning his teenage drinking escapades, mostly with evidence culled from his high school yearbook. I would say there's nothing wrong with that strategy, a tad overplayed as it was.

What's curious is why her high school records of note, that being her yearbook at Holton-Arms, were scrubbed from the web Sept. 17th. There's evidence it contained multiples photos and references to binge drinking, and subsequently not remembering any of it. The very thing Kavanaugh was grilled about repeatedly today. The yearbook in question also contained many racist images as well. If it is still up, which I don't believe it is, anyone can go to the Cult of The First Amendment blog and see for oneself. If his yearbook was fair game, why not hers?

My point is this, and it is something that ignited my spidey sense right away: Who in the hell believes that she couldn't remember how she got there, got home, where it was at, at what time, with who, and with what, but remembers she had "only one beer?" Yeah, right...

I love the part of her testimony when she said (as an adult) she "tried not to think about it because it gave her anxiety". This lady has a doctorate in Psychology and she had to convince herself to repress the memories in order to heal? LULWUT? That's exactly the opposite of what you're supposed to do. This is Psych 101 stuff...

I could tell shortly into her testimony that she has a victim personality/mentality, has low self-esteem, and is extremely fragile (I'm not referring to the whiny voice, that was poor acting). I'm betting she is extremely vindictive in life and has a long list of enemies. Do a little digging and this lady comes up Aces in the wacko department.

Sorry your girl lost in the election Snowflake. Now get the **** back under your rock Libby. This is OUR time!

T

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                            Editing a comment
                            The veil has been lifted.

On top of that it's probably impossible to correctly guess the amount of foreign substances this lady has taken which has contributed to her -ahem- fragile (paranoid) mental state. I'd guess she probably started experimenting when she was in the 5th or 7th grade.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 28, 2018, 12:19 AM.
                        Working...
                        X