New Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Restaurants

What new restaurants would you like to see in Wichita? And try and be realistic (i.e. we’re not going to get a Cheesecake factory anytime soon if ever).

Having come from the east coast I REALLY REALLY miss Dunkin Donuts - you name it coffee, donuts, breakfast sandwiches. There is practically one on every corner in Boston...even an arena in Providence! One thing I have never understood is the lack of coffee shops in Wichita. I can't tell you how popular iced coffee is back east and its' damn near impossible to find it in Wichita. In many parts of the country McDonald's serves iced coffee...not here in Wichita...and I don't want some sissy mocha shaved iced slush with whipped cream...I need real high-octane coffee splashed over iced...YEAH I'M A CAFFEIN ADDICT!!! :yahoo:

Secondly, I wish KC would get Maggiano's Little Italy. I've frequented that joint in Boston, Philly, Chicago and Vegas and can't get enough.

WHAT-A-BURGER is the one I really want.

We used to have Dunkin Donuts, the last one near St. Joes I believe is like Chicago Donuts now.

I also would like to see Chick-fil-a's in a couple locations. While it gets me on campus every now and then, the drive sucks just to eat.

Comment

Whatburger and White Castle - White Castle was born here and its birthplace should at least one restuarant.

Comment

I wish they would reopen Red Beans Bayou Grill on the East Side, I loved that place. Is the one still out west open?

If not Red Beans then some other nice Cajun place.
        THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
          I wish they would reopen Red Beans Bayou Grill on the East Side, I loved that place. Is the one still out west open?

yup, have you ever ate at the cajuan shack, i think that what its called. Its on 21th and woodlawn i believe.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Red Beans is one of my favorites, I can't believe that the east side locations weren't profitable.

Count me in on Dunkin Donuts and White Castle.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I'm dying to try Da Cajun Shack. I've always wanted to eat alligator

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

yup, have you ever ate at the cajuan shack, i think that what its called. Its on 21th and woodlawn i believe.
                Never have, might have to try it next time I'm in Wichita. Thanks for the heads up.
                THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

Never have, might have to try it next time I'm in Wichita. Thanks for the heads up.
                  if ya do, you gotta eat the Gator bites, YUMMY!!!!
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

We need another seafood restaurant...like a Landry's or a Joe's Crab Shack. Bahama Breeze would be nice, too.

Comment

Re: New Restaurants

Originally posted by BostonWu
                      What new restaurants would you like to see in Wichita? And try and be realistic (i.e. we’re not going to get a Cheesecake factory anytime soon if ever).

Having come from the east coast I REALLY REALLY miss Dunkin Donuts - you name it coffee, donuts, breakfast sandwiches. There is practically one on every corner in Boston...even an arena in Providence! One thing I have never understood is the lack of coffee shops in Wichita. I can't tell you how popular iced coffee is back east and its' damn near impossible to find it in Wichita. In many parts of the country McDonald's serves iced coffee...not here in Wichita...and I don't want some sissy mocha shaved iced slush with whipped cream...I need real high-octane coffee splashed over iced...YEAH I'M A CAFFEIN ADDICT!!! :yahoo:

Secondly, I wish KC would get Maggiano's Little Italy. I've frequented that joint in Boston, Philly, Chicago and Vegas and can't get enough.
                      Well If you didnt know you can now get Dunkin Donuts coffee at Target. I Buy it every week because it really is the best. You could then make it yourself at home or work and pour it over ice if your really that crazy about it. just a thought.

Comment

KAKE had a story about White Castle and they asked them if they will come back to Wichita, and they replied with something like "It isn't in our plans", so that would answer that part of this discussion.

I could go for a Joe's Crab shack or Whataburger though.

Comment

Waffle House!
                          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            KAKE had a story about White Castle and they asked them if they will come back to Wichita, and they replied with something like "It isn't in our plans", so that would answer that part of this discussion.

I could go for a Joe's Crab shack or Whataburger though.
                            I had a nice conversation with a VP from White Castle about 5 months ago. They said they had tried to expand back into the KC market, but was unable to be profitable there. That was back in the late 90's and early 2000's. They are slowly expanding their footprint across the Eastern third of the US, and may at sometime try again for the Kansas City/Wichita area, but it will likely not happen in the near future. I did make the suggestion of a fresh product option for their burgers instead of just frozen ones in the Supermarkets in Wichita. She said that they have been looking into doing something like that, but that it would be tested in Columbus and if successful possible spread.

She was a very nice lady and offered a lot of info. I think they would look to Springfield and Tulsa before going back to KC/Wichita. That is my opinion based on our conversation and not something she said directly.

Comment

Ive heard that we will be getting a Joes Crab shack in the waterfront or river walk or whatever they are calling that place.

as for fast food I would want a What a Burger.

I would like some pizza places to I wish Sbarros would get a location outside of the mall. I really like that place. NY pizza >>>>
                              I would also like a place that does a decent Chicago Style Deep dish pizza.
                              Also I would like a Pizza Shuttle. I love that place.

I would also like to have a Houstons here. I mean we have a PF Changs why not Houstons.

Comment

Working...
                              X