No announcement yet.

2017 ShockerNet Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@shock: Just waiting on you to accept the league invitation and then we will have everyone entered. Let me know if I need to re-send the invite.

Reminder to everyone: draft will be on Monday night at 7:30pm Central time.
    78-65

Comment

I plan on drafting under the influence of nachos with X-tra Cheese and Crown Royal - just fair warning in case I do something stupid!
      Last edited by Triticum aestivum L.; August 30, 2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Question...are we doing divisions for this league??

Comment

I know I'm not in your league, but I had to share this draft story with you all.

Last night I had a fantasy draft with my work group. One particular guy hardly pays attention to NFL football, but he really enjoys fantasy and is surprisingly good with it. It's mostly luck, but he's been good in the past. But last night he gave us all a good laugh. In the 3rd round, he drafted Julian Edelman, who is out for the year with a torn ACL. I decided to wait to tell him so he doesn't draft a replacement because I'm selfish. But by the 9th round, I told him in the chat box in our draft. He didn't believe me! I literally told him to google Julian Edelman, and he refused, thinking I was just messing with him trying to get him to drop his best receiver. HAHAHAHA! We were doing a snake draft and he had back to back picks because he was the last in the order. So shortly after I told him about Edelman, he promptly drafts Cameron Merideth and Spencer Ware back to back. They both also have torn ligaments in their knees and are out for the year! I laughed so hard I couldn't believe it. I was like "Dude, you just took two more dead guys. You have 3 people on your team who are out for the year!" And once again, he thought I was messing with him. He said sarcastically "oh yeah, maybe I should just drop my whole roster so you can have them all."

I thought this was worth sharing because it's funny and there's a lesson. Don't be stupid. Do your research and at a MINIMUM, know who is out for the year so you don't draft them. Have a good draft, guys. Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
            Question...are we doing divisions for this league??
            I hadn't set it up to be in divisions. We have 13 weeks of a regular season, so it works out that everyone will play everyone with 2 repeat opponents. I suppose that would be the same as having four divisions of three teams, but I want to make sure that the six best teams make the playoffs. Yes, I know that it is possible for the NFL to have an 8-8 division winner and an 11-5 team not getting a Wild Card spot, but it still seems best for what we do to just throw everyone in one division.
            78-65

Comment

Not off to a good start. I had it on my calendar at 8:30. I feel like an idiot.

Comment

If there’s anymore spots I’d love to play. Probably too late though.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  If there’s anymore spots I’d love to play. Probably too late though.
                  Draft was tonight, and we had a full slate of teams. Check back next year.
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Draft was tonight, and we had a full slate of teams. Check back next year.

Sounds good.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Those with Tampa Bay and Miami on your rosters need to make roster adjustments for week one. In one of my leagues I only have one QB (Winston) and so I picked up Dalton for this week.

Comment

I feel like this could be my year to take over for @WuShock16: as the guy getting Evansvilled. First night of the season and a rookie running back goes off for 40+ against me...not a good sign. ;)
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          I feel like this could be my year to take over for @WuShock16: as the guy getting Evansvilled. First night of the season and a rookie running back goes off for 40+ against me...not a good sign. ;)
                          The Pats are my office pool defense. There is a bright spot in that, at least, I am a Chiefs fan.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It seems that the Raider receiving corps has skillets for hands, 7 attempts inside the 15 and walk away with a FG.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What an awful week. Breesus, bring me home!

When those saints, go marching in,
                              When those saints go marching in!
                              O Lord, I want to be in that number,
                              When those saints go marching in!
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If this keeps up I may have to change my team name to "the current UNLV Runnin Rebels"

Comment

Working...
                                X