2017 ShockerNet Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 ShockerNet Fantasy Football

It's still a bit early, but do we have any interest in doing another ShockerNet fantasy football league?

Yours Truly is looking to avenge a season of great team scoring held back by horrible scheduling, getting Super Bowl performances from many opponents who otherwise weren't that great.

We will run the league again on ESPN. I can probably figure out a way to rollover returners. If not, I will just send PMs to get emails. Let me know if you are interested. I think we had a ten-team league last year, so we will shoot for the same this year. We would probably draft sometime around Labor Day weekend or the week before.

I will add this caveat: please, Please, PLEASE don't play if you aren't going to finish the season after a poor start. It takes a lot of fun away when people quit and leave noncompetitive rosters (like leaving players in starting lineup who are on IR). Other than taking a little bit of crap for having a bad team, it's really not that bad. Timewise, it's really about a minimum weekly time commitment of five minutes...so if you have enough time to check ShockerNet, you have enough time to maintain a fantasy team.

Anyway, let me know if you want to play.
    78-65

I am in.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If you need another person I'm in

Comment

I'm game

Comment

I'm in!!! But you can't steal all the Broncos!. Lol
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

@WuShock16: If I remember correctly you cumulatively outscored the entire league all season and finished under .500, missed the playoffs and maybe even outscored everyone in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              @WuShock16: If I remember correctly you cumulatively outscored the entire league all season and finished under .500, missed the playoffs and maybe even outscored everyone in the playoffs.
              Yes, please refer to my second paragraph. No more getting Evansvilled.

By the way, does your reply mean that you'll play again?
              Last edited by WuShock16; July 24, 2017, 10:17 PM.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                Yes, please refer to my second paragraph. No more getting Evansvilled.

By the way, does your reply mean that you'll play again?
                Yes I am definitely in

Comment

I am all for a 12 or even 14 team league if the numbers are there. The more the merrier but somewhere around 14-16 teams it gets tough

Comment

If we get numbers, we can bump it up to 12. 14 probably spreads it too thin.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      I Evansville'd him at least once...maybe even twice. :)
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I'm game...is there a fee to enter, or a just for fun league?? I'm all for the latter....lol

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                          I'm game...is there a fee to enter, or a just for fun league?? I'm all for the latter....lol
                          Just for fun...though if we could figure out some sort of a prize for the champion, that would be fun too.
                          78-65

Comment

Bumping this. Right now, it appears that we have 8, so we could use 2 or 4 more.

The current list of players are:
                            Yours Truly
                            @DUShock
                            @shocktheheart
                            @wichshock65
                            @ShockdaWorld
                            @Dave-Stalwart
                            @wushock27
                            @shock

The draft will be sometime around Labor Day weekend to account for as many preseason injuries as possible. Let me know if you would like to join the fray.
                            78-65

Comment

If I remember right, I was in the championship game last year after Evansvilling everyone to that point. I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                              X