• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I'm out.
      How can you be out if you were never in?
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        How can you be out if you were never in?
        Professor Erwin Corey here. You can be out if you were never in the same way you can be in if you were never out. If you have always been in than you can be in without ever having been out. Likewise, if you have always been out you can be out without ever having been in. I hope this helps clarify the situation. :bball_spin:
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 8, 2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Professor Irwin Corey here. You can be out if you were never in the same way you can be in if you were never out. If you have always been in than you can be in without ever having been out. Likewise, if you have always been out you can be out without ever having been in. I hope this helps clarify the situation. :bball_spin:
          How can you argue with that onslaught of irrefutable logic!!

Comment

For the youngsters on the board who may not be familiar with the inestimable Professor Corey. Great teacher.

The Professor died earlier this year at the age of 102.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 8, 2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I don't know anything about that professor, only that my fellow nerds retired to our nerdery where we determined with our calculators that I was out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I don't know anything about that professor, only that my fellow nerds retired to our nerdery where we determined with our calculators that I was out.
                Calculators? Did you misplace yours slide rules?

Comment

Full yet? Been at the lake and just now checking in. I'm in if spot available.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                    Full yet? Been at the lake and just now checking in. I'm in if spot available.
                    Sounds good. Pretty sure we have a couple spots. I think you are #9. I'll start getting it organized next week.

CORRECTION. You are #10. We can take two more or just stick with our current 10.
                    78-65

Comment

Any updates on a draft time?? Just wondering...

Comment

@DUShock:
                        @shocktheheart:
                        @wichshock65:
                        @ShockdaWorld:
                        @Dave-Stalwart
                        @wushock27:
                        @shock:
                        @Triticum aestivum L.:
                        @ShockMe300:

What would you all think about having the draft at 9pm Central Time on Labor Day?
                        78-65

Comment

I think that would work for me.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Could you guys send me a PM with your email so that I can invite you to the group? I rolled the group over from last year but couldn't remember what team was connected with what SN user. I kept Dave and Shockda on the league because I remembered their team names, so you two are good...but I just deleted the other owners so that I could start over with this. If the rest of you could send me a PM with your email, I will get you invited to the league.

@DUShock
                            @shocktheheart
                            @wichshock65
                            @wushock27
                            @shock
                            @Triticum aestivum L.
                            @ShockMe300
                            78-65

Comment

I made a couple of tweaks to the league. First, I changed the kicker scoring settings. Last year, there was no punishment on missed XPs and a one-point penalty for any missed FG, regardless of distance. I changed it to where missed XPs and missed FGs would be -2. Missed FGs between 40 and 49 would be -1. Missed FGs 50+ would not receive a deduction in points. I figure that if there is reward for longer FGs, there should be a difference between missing a 30 yard FG and a 55 yd FG.

I am also thinking about giving XPs 2 points because I don't like that a 19 yd FG is worth 3 but a 33 yd XP is only worth 1. If I had my way, the FG would be worth the number in the tens column (19 yd FG worth 1, 25 yd worth 2, 38 yd worth 3, 42 yd worth 4, 55 yd worth 5, 64 yd worth 6)...but ESPN doesn't allow me to manipulate it to that extent. So, to counteract, I am proposing XPs to be worth 2 since they have become a bit more challenging in recent years.

I also am thinking about reducing the roster size by one bench spot. I have always bemoaned that the fantasy football leagues that I have done don't seem to encourage trading because you can stash players. By reducing a spot, it might encourage more waiver wire action. That said, it would thin the league because ten more "quality" players would be available every week, taking a bit of emphasis off the draft. However, it makes drafting a bit more important in that you might need to consider bye weeks when making draft selections. I don't think I want to change the starter format (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K) but wanted to throw out an idea to reduce bench spots from 7 to 6. Thoughts?
                              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                @DUShock:
                                @shocktheheart:
                                @wichshock65:
                                @ShockdaWorld:
                                @Dave-Stalwart
                                @wushock27:
                                @shock:
                                @Triticum aestivum L.:
                                @ShockMe300:

What would you all think about having the draft at 9pm Central Time on Labor Day?
                                That is a little late for me as I am up and at'em 5am each morning. But if that works for everyone else I can try and make a go of it.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X