2017 ShockerNet Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    That is a little late for me as I am up and at'em 5am each morning. But if that works for everyone else I can try and make a go of it.
    Fair enough. I believe shock is located in Alaska, which was why I went a bit later. However, since it is Labor Day, maybe 7pm or 8pm might work for him since he won't be at work. @shock:, what say you?
    78-65

Comment

I'll make it work
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I changed the time to 7:30pm Central time. Hopefully, that can work better for everyone.
        78-65

Comment

I'm good for anytime. Can't wait :)

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            I changed the time to 7:30pm Central time. Hopefully, that can work better for everyone.
            That works for me

Comment

I made a couple of tweaks to the league. First, I changed the kicker scoring settings. Last year, there was no punishment on missed XPs and a one-point penalty for any missed FG, regardless of distance. I changed it to where missed XPs and missed FGs would be -2. Missed FGs between 40 and 49 would be -1. Missed FGs 50+ would not receive a deduction in points. I figure that if there is reward for longer FGs, there should be a difference between missing a 30 yard FG and a 55 yd FG.

I am also thinking about giving XPs 2 points because I don't like that a 19 yd FG is worth 3 but a 33 yd XP is only worth 1. If I had my way, the FG would be worth the number in the tens column (19 yd FG worth 1, 25 yd worth 2, 38 yd worth 3, 42 yd worth 4, 55 yd worth 5, 64 yd worth 6)...but ESPN doesn't allow me to manipulate it to that extent. So, to counteract, I am proposing XPs to be worth 2 since they have become a bit more challenging in recent years.

I also am thinking about reducing the roster size by one bench spot. I have always bemoaned that the fantasy football leagues that I have done don't seem to encourage trading because you can stash players. By reducing a spot, it might encourage more waiver wire action. That said, it would thin the league because ten more "quality" players would be available every week, taking a bit of emphasis off the draft. However, it makes drafting a bit more important in that you might need to consider bye weeks when making draft selections. I don't think I want to change the starter format (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K) but wanted to throw out an idea to reduce bench spots from 7 to 6. Thoughts?
              I like all of these ideas.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Draft time and roster spots are okay with me.

I'm not a fan of giving 2 for an XP kick though because it is "harder" as the NFL itself only gives it 1 pt. Also, we don't reward an XP run or pass with near the same value as a 1 or 2 yard TD and the XP conversion is just as "hard".

Not sure it makes much difference in how you draft a kicker, but those are my thoughts.

Comment

Not sure where you are with numbers, but I'd be game to get back in for another year. Might have to come up with a new team name though. Not sure "Illinois State Still Sucks" has the same heartiness anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                    Not sure where you are with numbers, but I'd be game to get back in for another year. Might have to come up with a new team name though. Not sure "Illinois State Still Sucks" has the same heartiness anymore.
                    That name will always hold a special place in my heart. :)
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                      Draft time and roster spots are okay with me.

I'm not a fan of giving 2 for an XP kick though because it is "harder" as the NFL itself only gives it 1 pt. Also, we don't reward an XP run or pass with near the same value as a 1 or 2 yard TD and the XP conversion is just as "hard".

Not sure it makes much difference in how you draft a kicker, but those are my thoughts.
                      Fair enough. The XP idea was just a spitball idea to throw out some discussion. I can change it back to a 1pt XP.

Can you PM me your email address so that I can get you invited into the league?
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                        We have 10 players right now, so we could certainly take two more. If one other person would offer to play, I'll add you both.
                        78-65

Comment

I'll play

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            I'll play
                            You and @sdshox: can send me a PM with your email and I will send you a league invite. The draft will be Monday night (Labor Day) at 7:30pm Central time.
                            78-65

Comment

My bad, thought I sent the PM a few days ago but didn't see it - Just did.

Thanks.

Comment

You and @sdshox: can send me a PM with your email and I will send you a league invite. The draft will be Monday night (Labor Day) at 7:30pm Central time.
                                Done. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X