Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

By the time the "big" one hits, we'll all probably be pushing up daisies.
    To be clear, for those sarcastically challenged, "big" meant for this area, 4.0-4.5ish range.

Comment

• IMO, the quakes this time and back in November mimic injection well quakes. Instead of water from a well, it could be water from some storm drains are funneling water into an area near a fault and causing issues after we have a lot of rain. Seems like with all the new construction around 96 and Greenwich, a lot of building and concrete has replaced open fields, and all the rainwater is getting diverted somewhere now. Hopefully the state, county, and city, are looking at recently constructed storm drains as a possible issue.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        IMO, the quakes this time and back in November mimic injection well quakes. Instead of water from a well, it could be water from some storm drains are funneling water into an area near a fault and causing issues after we have a lot of rain. Seems like with all the new construction around 96 and Greenwich, a lot of building and concrete has replaced open fields, and all the rainwater is getting diverted somewhere now. Hopefully the state, county, and city, are looking at recently constructed storm drains as a possible issue.
        I don't know about that. The epicenter of the quakes are at a depth of around 5 km (3.1 miles). That's a long way for the water to travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I don't know about that. The epicenter of the quakes are at a depth of around 5 km (3.1 miles). That's a long way for the water to travel.
          Sounds like a problems to "Ask Hank" to get to the bottom off:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Sounds like a problems to "Ask Hank" to get to the bottom off:

Oooohhhh. THIS Hank. On October 5, 2014 The Washingtonian published their 15th biennial "Best & Worst of Congress" list. Rep. Johnson was voted "Worst Speaker" and "Most Clueless" by congressional staffers.

Comment

• And there it is

Comment

• I felt it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  And there it is
                  You might be right. Biggest one I have felt and sounded like a bomb going off.

It certainly solicited a Holy $hit! from where I was located near 13th and Webb.

According to the Kansas Geological Survey that would be #5 today. They are reporting:

6:29:40 AM 3.5 Magnitude (13th & Greenwich)
                  6:31:33 AM 3.7 Magnitude (13th & Webb Road - Whole Foods)
                  7:02:15 AM 3.2 Magnitude (SE Corner of Wichita Country Club - 1/2 mile E of Rock and 1/2 mile S of 13th) .
                  8:30:48 AM 2.2 Magnitude (13th Street - 0.25 W of Greenwich) I did not feel this one.
                  6:08:32 PM 3.9 Magnitude per USGS - USGS has it on the E edge of Charles Koch homestead.

http://maps.kgs.ku.edu/earthquake_mi...&id=1001467329

The KGS site is really slow. May be inundated with traffic.

The USGS has all of these quakes at a depth of 5.0 km (3.1 miles)
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• THAT was a jolt!

Comment

• Short, quick and to the point.

Comment

And there it is
                        You called it.

worthy.jpg

Comment

• Man that was strong here

Comment

• I didn't sense anything in Goddard.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Man that was strong here
                              USGS reporting it initially as a 3.9. So not quite your big one. But will see if that changes. I hope that was the big one. It was big enough for my tastes.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• nm
                                Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 14, 2021, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X