Political Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11
    Hmmm sounds like a bunch of Kansas Republicans talkin!

:D 8) 8)
    thats what i was thinking
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

So what do you expect to hear? We're down with Pastor Wright??? I don't hear anyone hanging off any Republican candidate's nutsack.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu

So what do you expect to hear? We're down with Pastor Wright??? I don't hear anyone hanging off any Republican candidate's nutsack.
        Everyone knows people who are bigoted. I have family members who are! That doesnt mean I should be judged. If its Obama against McCain this will come up but so will McCains association with the Keating 5 and the S&L debacle. Which do you consider more important? That probably lies with party affiliation.

We all should listens and judge candidates to their stands on issues. Then hold them accountable if they take no action once elected to implement them. Stating one party has the moral high ground is laughable!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

My personal opinion is both parties as a whole are full of crap.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

thats what i was thinking
            I agree with you guys.

McCain is just as bad as anyone else. Does everyone on here want to make sure that we send more troops to Iraq and the Middle East? That'll happen if McCain is elected president. How about more military contracts for foreign companies? You guessed it, that too.

McCain is wishy washy. He was last time he ran for president. And is now too.

No matter who gets elected, they're just the puppet of the rich and powerful. It doesn't matter what party they are from.

Comment

What Rev Wright said is way beyond bigotry.

And he was Obama's spiritual advisory and part of his campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                My personal opinion is both parties as a whole are full of crap.

Comment

Don't forget what other religious leaders have said about who was responsible for the terrorist attacks on September 11th.

Television evangelists Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said that various liberal groups bear responsibility for terrorist attacks on the USA because their actions have turned God's anger against Ameri

Jeremiah Wright was blaming the U.S. for the terrorist attacks because of the U.S. dropping the bomb on Japan during World War II and killing innocent civilians, while Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson were blaming the terrorist attacks on the moral decline of our society (homosexuals, abortion rights supporters, etc).

Comment

I was listening to some of the clips and one thing that Jeremiah Wright got wrong was when he talked about the Tuskegee Experiment. He said that the government purposely infected African American men with syphilis. Actually, the men were already infected with syphilis. The experiment was to see what would happen if it wasn't treated.

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

The United States government did something that was wrong—deeply, profoundly, morally wrong. It was an outrage to our commitment to integrity and equality for all our citizens. . . . clearly racist.
                    —President Clinton's apology for the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment to the eight remaining survivors, May 16, 1997

For forty years between 1932 and 1972, the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) conducted an experiment on 399 black men in the late stages of syphilis...

Comment

McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam

There's crazies everywhere...
                      There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Anyone who thinks that the GOP will win because the Democrats are "feuding" is delusional.

Sure, Democrats may have some differences amongst each other, but one thing they can all unite on is getting one of their own in office vs. 4 more years of the same old BS.

The most ardent Hillary supporter will still vote Obama if he becomes the Democratic nominee, and vice versa.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                          Anyone who thinks that the GOP will win because the Democrats are "feuding" is delusional.

Sure, Democrats may have some differences amongst each other, but one thing they can all unite on is getting one of their own in office vs. 4 more years of the same old BS.

The most ardent Hillary supporter will still vote Obama if he becomes the Democratic nominee, and vice versa.
                          Lord help us! :cry:
                          SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                            Originally posted by rjl

RJL hit that on the head. This country isn't going to elect another Republican after what has happened the past 7 years. Even though the candidates don't like each other, they're supporters will support whomever the democratic nominee is. That is just how it works.

Comment

RJL hit that on the head. This country isn't going to elect another Republican after what has happened the past 7 years. Even though the candidates don't like each other, they're supporters will support whomever the democratic nominee is. That is just how it works.
                              And you know what?

Nothing will change.

Same ole stuff from Washington.
                              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                                Originally posted by SFL
                                Originally posted by rjl

i too agree with this statement. I think for the replublican to have shot at this is have a outstanding candiate to run for them to even have a chance, and they dont have a good candidate.
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X