No announcement yet.

Kung Wu SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't matter what your MOS was EVERY Marine had to try and qualify. Every Marine knew it was the most important badge you could earn.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

A little off topic, but I was at the gun range today and I saw this sumbitch shooting this mother forker. Holy Jesus! All custom, wildcat loads, freaking amazing! Full setup, including wireless camera for spotting, over 20 grand. The guy was shooting 600 yards and nailing fifty cent groups.

I bet if Kung Wu had that in Oklahoma, no samsquanch would have touched him.
      Welcome to long range benchrest. Money rules. That rest is probably $2-3K, maybe more. The distances that they shoot are far enough that they have to allow for the earths rotation in addition to the usual wind, mirage, shadows and such. That's what my tube gun was built for but I'm on a much more limited budget.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Ummm, THAT's now on the bucket list.
        I'm in. When do we leave? You driving or should I?

Tulsa has a range that goes to 1,000. Hutch Gun Club used to go to 600 but I haven't been there in years, don't know if it still does.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Well, Hell. That's F-Class equipment not benchrest. I tried t edit my post but was denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
            I'm in. When do we leave? You driving or should I?

Tulsa has a range that goes to 1,000. Hutch Gun Club used to go to 600 but I haven't been there in years, don't know if it still does.
            Now I wonder if the OKC Gun Club goes out to 600. I know it goes out to 300. I'll have to look that up.

Edit: Yup, 600! If I knew that when I was down there, I have forgotten already. That's an awesome club!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If any of you are interested in getting into long range shooting the forum at accurateshooter dot com is a great resource. Many of the top gunsmiths and competitors post there and they are mostly glad to answer questions and give advice.

Comment

Now I wonder if the OKC Gun Club goes out to 600. I know it goes out to 300. I'll have to look that up.

Edit: Yup, 600! If I knew that when I was down there, I have forgotten already. That's an awesome club!
                Plenty of gun clubs have 600 yd ranges. Not the majority of them, but they're around. The thousand and two thousand yard ranges are really rare. There are only one or two in Nebraska and they are way out west. I'm sure Kansas has several 600 yard ranges and a few places where you can ring bells at one and two thousand yards. I don't even try over 600 yards, it's silly.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

When you not only have to consider windage and elevation, but also have to consider barometric pressure, temperature and curvature of the earth into your equation, I'm out.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Central Kansas Gun Club in Hutchinson has a 600 yd range.

Shoot 'em up, boys!

Comment

I'm sure Kansas has several 600 yard ranges
                      Here's one: http://www.ckgc.org/hp.html

I've never heard of it, until just now Googling for a 600 yard range in Kansas. I'm actually stunned to learn how close it is to Wichita!

Edit: HAHA, you beat me to it. I should kept reading the thread first.

and a few places where you can ring bells at one and two thousand yards.
                      I've heard Fort Riley has a one or two thousand yard range, but you gotta know somebody on the base. Not sure if that's rumor or not though.

Comment

When you not only have to consider windage and elevation, but also have to consider barometric pressure, temperature and curvature of the earth into your equation, I'm out.
                        I'm good with all that. It's when I have to take solar flares into account, that really trips me up.

Comment

Here's one: http://www.ckgc.org/hp.html

I've never heard of it, until just now Googling for a 600 yard range in Kansas. I'm actually stunned to learn how close it is to Wichita!
                          I think their website is sitting on a Windows NT server accessible only through a 9600 baud modem.

It's only a few miles from the local nudist club, so be careful where you're aiming!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I think their website is sitting on a Windows NT server accessible only through a 9600 baud modem.

It's only a few miles from the local nudist club, so be careful where you're aiming!

Haha, you might be surprised how accurate you are with the NT server comment. LOL

Have you been to the gun club?

Comment

Haha, you might be surprised how accurate you are with the NT server comment. LOL

Have you been to the gun club?
                              No, I didn't even know it existed.

And to answer your next question, no, I haven't been to the nudist club either.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                No, I didn't even know it existed.

And to answer your next question, no, I haven't been to the nudist club either.
                                Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X