Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I haven’t looked, but the “development” at an international level has had more to do with recruiting dual nationals and less to do with USSF actually investing money and resources into developing soccer talent here in the USA.
    While we do have a decent amount of dual nationals playing a big role, we weren't producing players like McKennie, Reyna, Pulisic, or Weah (yes his father is George Weah, but Tim was born in the states and spent most of his life here).
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I can assure you the overall talent of US soccer at the youth level is significantly higher than it was one generation ago. As a kid, there weren't many parents or even coaches that could coach/mentor/advise at a high level. That's not true anymore, so not surprisingly the talent pool is increasing pretty dramatically.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I can assure you the overall talent of US soccer at the youth level is significantly higher than it was one generation ago. As a kid, there weren't many parents or even coaches that could coach/mentor/advise at a high level. That's not true anymore, so not surprisingly the talent pool is increasing pretty dramatically.
        Not denying that. We have come a long way in one generation. However, our best U-16/17 players are playing MLS then being sold to academies overseas to continue development.

MLS Next and MLS Next Pro are supposed to increase that number, but until players feel they can continue to develop to the point they can be sold and play at Premier League or Serie A level immediately, we need to continue to evolve the development of our coaching ranks and put less emphasis on winning. We could also do more randomizing. Mixing teams and players up so they learn to play with lots of different people at various levels.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Maybe they should have a bake sale
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Maybe they should have a bake sale
              Sell some cows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Sell some cows.
                Does Canada have cows?

Can their soccer program start selling maple syrup? That could drive some revenue.

They could export snow or moose.

They could sell British Columbia to the United States.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• That poor guy from St. Kitts will never have kids.

A more direct shot to the nether region I have not witnessed.....and absolutely POUNDED.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    That poor guy from St. Kitts will never have kids.

A more direct shot to the nether region I have not witnessed.....and absolutely POUNDED.
                    Holy smokes. I turned it off early so I didn't see it. Here it is.

You're right. That's a screamer taken squarely to the junk. Insane.

Comment

• Eeeesh

Comment

• You could hear the pain in John Strong and Stu Holden's voices.

Comment

• Right in the twig and berries…ouch!

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Mexico got a little taste of their own medicine last night though. I think the Qatar keeper went down with cramps about four or five times last night.

Jimenez should have been red carded in the second half.

Comment

• US wins in penalty kicks against Canada. Phew. US clearly the better side but played with fire. Play Panama on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X