Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

2021 UEFA?
    OK. They should definitely be allowed to wear those too!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

They did have black kits in 2020, but other than that, not since 2012.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/n...ds-kits/#2010s
      2020 ... where does the time fly?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

2020 ... where does the time fly?
        Covid killed time
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Covid killed time
          I literally lost 2 years ... like they just disappeared. Like the Marvel "blip" was real.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

OOOHHHHH!!! CROATIA!!
            Brilliant!

Extra time has been outstanding.

Comment

• Welp, that seems to be the ball game.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Christian Pulisic goal puts the USA up 1-0 going into half. He should have had the first chance, but I’m not complaining. The US seems dominant in a way I’ve never seen us against Mexico.

Also, there’s this and…whooo boy.

I’m not necessarily ecstatic, but I do enjoy that everyone with a completely over-the-top irrational hatred for Berhalter has to suffer through this. He was probably the best fit given that this current core group of players really like him and I believe an American coach is best for the USMNT.

Comment

• Bloodbath. Tres a cero.

Comment

• The photo of Weston kissing the crest of his torn jersey will be used in USMNT promotional material for eternity.

Last edited by WINGdingBALLfling; June 15, 2023, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• I don't follow them closely and I have zero opinion on Berhalter one way or the other. But the comments attached to this tweet are brutal. Some are funny. There's so much hate for this man and I have no idea if any of it is warranted or not.

The only thing I know about him is the ancient "dirt" that the Reyna's spread about he and his wife from something like 30 years ago because they were pissed their little boy wasn't playing or something. But if I remember some of the comments about it, little Reyna seemed to be an entitled brat who didn't want to work as hard as the others on the squad, or something similar, so he was relegated to the bench.

But I figure some of you follow all of these things much closer than I and might enjoy reading the comments.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• US up 2-0 at half and looking much the better side. Canada are toeing the line of being a dirty team. Lots of cynical fouling from them in the first half.

Balogun’s goal was nice. Reyna has two assists on the night and I don’t think I would ever not start him if he’s healthy.

Comment

• The Red, White and Blue has absolutely looked the part this week. They have been dominating. The 2-0 score makes it sound kind of close. It could have been much, much worse.

Comment

• Some good stuff here.

It's interesting; many of the soccer journalists take a much more nuanced approach than the people with pitchforks and torches who hate Berhalter. Many of them acknowledge his weaknesses while also understanding that he's done some pretty good things.

I'm certainly not saying he's the best manager ever, but he's accomplished a lot and probably more than any other US coach in a short time, comparatively speaking (I know Arena went to the WC QF in 2002, but he also had a terrible WC in 2006). The players really like him and he's gotten a decent amount of dual nationals to commit as well.

The gap between the US and the rest of CONCACAF is starting to widen as we approach our development academies better. Combine that with a huge population that loves sports and has a ton of diversity, and you have a recipe for a country that could be VERY good within the next few decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Some good stuff here.

It's interesting; many of the soccer journalists take a much more nuanced approach than the people with pitchforks and torches who hate Berhalter. Many of them acknowledge his weaknesses while also understanding that he's done some pretty good things.

I'm certainly not saying he's the best manager ever, but he's accomplished a lot and probably more than any other US coach in a short time, comparatively speaking (I know Arena went to the WC QF in 2002, but he also had a terrible WC in 2006). The players really like him and he's gotten a decent amount of dual nationals to commit as well.

The gap between the US and the rest of CONCACAF is starting to widen as we approach our development academies better. Combine that with a huge population that loves sports and has a ton of diversity, and you have a recipe for a country that could be VERY good within the next few decades.
                              I haven’t looked, but the “development” at an international level has had more to do with recruiting dual nationals and less to do with USSF actually investing money and resources into developing soccer talent here in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I haven’t looked, but the “development” at an international level has had more to do with recruiting dual nationals and less to do with USSF actually investing money and resources into developing soccer talent here in the USA.
                                That was true under Jurgen. Last world cup cycle was more split with this next one looking more homegrown.

Comment

Working...
                                X