Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Try texting that to a random cell phone number and see what happens.
    Similar to leaving a note of "Call me. I'm pregnant" under random windshield wipers? Except with that they only catch you if they see you, unlike a text message.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Try texting that to a random cell phone number and see what happens.
      I shouldn't have been so matter of fact. I'll put it at 75% chance.

I have eaten bbq out of that coach's sweet Big Green Egg grill, while having a frothy one on his back porch.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I shouldn't have been so matter of fact. I'll put it at 75% chance.

I have eaten bbq out of that coach's sweet Big Green Egg grill, while having a frothy one on his back porch.
        LOL!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• So, what do people this of this European Super League?’
          The Assman

Comment

• I only watch MLS.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              So, what do people this of this European Super League?’
              Between all of the other league games, friendlies, and inter season tournaments, I think it is unnecessary.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I think it might be the ultimate bluff by these teams to have a stronger hand in negotiating at the UCL table.

It will be wild if they actually go through with it and the fallout that ensues.
                  The Assman

Comment

• I find it amusing that the biggest most corrupt money grabbing sports entities in the world are calling out clubs for doing just what they did, and impacting their bottom lines.

I think after all the corruption and money wasting, we will see some much bigger dominoes fall.

Is it good for the game? Was the Indy Series split good for racing? No. But a lot of things changed after. Maybe they can make things better without killing the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I think it might be the ultimate bluff by these teams to have a stronger hand in negotiating at the UCL table.

It will be wild if they actually go through with it and the fallout that ensues.
                      I think they mean it.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I only watch MLS.
                        That's like saying you only watch short season Single A baseball, or Australian Basketball league, or Gateway football.

I watch MLS too.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I'm so upset I'm not going to watch ANY soccer until this is resolved and maybe even after.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

That's like saying you only watch short season Single A baseball, or Australian Basketball league, or Gateway football.

I watch MLS too.
                            MLS isn't THAT far behind. Also, I have no rooting interests and therefore no interest in the Euro leagues. I will watch some national teams of other countries, mostly Ireland and Wales.

Watching the Euro leagues would be like me watching the PGA or tennis. I don't care about anyone there and it would be an absolute waste of my time.

I'm a fan of teams and watch those games, and some games that may have an impact on their season. I don't watch much baseball outside of the Royals. I don't watch much hockey outside of the Red Wings. I don't watch much football outside of the Chiefs. I don't watch a lot of college basketball outside of the Shox and the AAC. Nothing in Europe impacts teams I'm interested in.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If you missed the CONCACAF Nations League Final last night between Estadios Unidos y Mexico, I feel bad for you.

The match literally had everything, including a fan running onto the Paramount set and then jumping off the set (I have no idea how many feet in the air but it wasn't 2 or 3) behind Clint Dempsey who barely flinched.

Yellows, Reds, extra time, missed calls, goal disallowed, VAR, fan riots, US comeback once, twice, take lead, huge PK save, Coach gets red carded, pee thrown at players. Players injured with trash. Epic evening in Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                If you missed the CONCACAF Nations League Final last night between Estadios Unidos y Mexico, I feel bad for you.

The match literally had everything, including a fan running onto the Paramount set and then jumping off the set (I have no idea how many feet in the air but it wasn't 2 or 3) behind Clint Dempsey who barely flinched.

Yellows, Reds, extra time, missed calls, goal disallowed, VAR, fan riots, US comeback once, twice, take lead, huge PK save, Coach gets red carded, pee thrown at players. Players injured with trash. Epic evening in Colorado.
                                Stayed up to watch the game last night and I'm so glad I did. The trio of Pulisic, Reyna, and McKennie have so much class...all said and done, this is easily the most talented group of midfielders and attackers we've ever had. They truly made this rivalry their own last night and reveled in it. The fiery nature of the game as it went on kept building and Pulisic's goal and the team celebration was the icing on the cake. Their celebration at the final whistle reminded me of a youth/high school celebration. Truly joyous.

Dest and Yedlin seemed invisible for most of the game, and Brooks and Ream are slower than a 1985 desktop computer. Usually the back line is solid because it has to be, but this back 4/5 really struggled in both games this week.

I think the only Mexican player I still have any ounce of respect for is Chicharito, and he wasn't even on the roster. El Tri spent more time on their backs last night than a Creighton co-ed...it's amazing when you look at American players who largely try to play through contact, while El Tri could get knocked over by a gust of wind.

We're not a world class side by any means, but we are fun to watch at times. I think this is a better measure of where the US compares to Mexico than the Gold Cup will be, since we likely won't have good contingent of our European players. Good, gritty CONCACAF-y win.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X