Favorite Place for Ribs in Wichita?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Place for Ribs in Wichita?

In your opinion, what restaurant has the best ribs in the city? My next food project is underway and ready to try all the best ribs in Wichita since the Wichita Ribfest is no more and was a joke.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Pig n Pig Out is consistent and very good. Bite Me use to have the best, but I think he changed how they cook them (to long) and have been chewy.

Comment

Pig In Pig Out's ribs are beef ribs, which are kind of non-typical. They're still awesome, just not what most think of in the context of "ribs." PIPO is definitely the best BBQ joint in town. They often run out of food though before closing, which is a huge downer when you get a jonesing for their grub and they hypothetically don't close for another 45 minutes.

For pork ribs, Redrock makes some darn tasty ones, although that restaurant is never going to come to mind when you are thinking BBQ.

Comment

Since ribs were brought up, has anyone here ever eaten at a Rib Crib? One is opening in Hutch this summer and I'm curious if it's any good.

Comment

Now this is a Wichita food topic that draws my interest! I love ribs! I have been smoking my own ribs for twenty years. I've gotten pretty damn good at it, too. I love to hear about other cities ribs. If there is a God,the first Famous Dave's post here should get a lifetime ban. I'm dying to hear about molasses, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder. Give me the flavor profiles, boys! Though this is a rib topic, if someone brings up brisket,I don't mind.

I'm dying to hear some good Wichita rib talk! I'll sit back and listen.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Roy's in Hutch is hands down the best ribs I have ever eaten - and I've had my fair share. Excellent flavor, fall off the bone tenderness, doesn't get any better IMO. Get there early because they only smoke a limited amount per day.

I just purchased a new smoker and have broken it in with chicken, salmon and pork butt. St. Louis style ribs are next - can't wait. I too would welcome any secrets to rubs, prep, etc. TIA Shockernetters.

Comment

My beans. An Alton Brown/ Myron Mixon hybrid recipie. Bend your knees good!

20150522_165408.jpg
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                Roy's in Hutch is hands down the best ribs I have ever eaten - and I've had my fair share. Excellent flavor, fall off the bone tenderness, doesn't get any better IMO. Get there early because they only smoke a limited amount per day.

I just purchased a new smoker and have broken it in with chicken, salmon and pork butt. St. Louis style ribs are next - can't wait. I too would welcome any secrets to rubs, prep, etc. TIA Shockernetters.
                Roy's is a local legend. I ate there once about 20 years ago. I like BBQ, but am not an enthusiast so I never go out of my way to eat it.

The way Hutch is situated there is almost nothing west of Main St worth going to. But Roy's is quite a ways west of Main. So with it being lunch-only (from what I understand) and clear across town in an out-of-the-way location, I never think about going there. If I do eat BBQ here, it's going to be at Hog Wild.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Pig In Pig Out's ribs are beef ribs, which are kind of non-typical. They're still awesome, just not what most think of in the context of "ribs." PIPO is definitely the best BBQ joint in town. They often run out of food though before closing, which is a huge downer when you get a jonesing for their grub and they hypothetically don't close for another 45 minutes.

For pork ribs, Redrock makes some darn tasty ones, although that restaurant is never going to come to mind when you are thinking BBQ.
                  Yep, your spot on. Tried "When Pigs Fly" out west and it was awesome! PS Two Brothers needs to close.

Comment

I haven't been there for years, and don't remember if they had ribs or not, but I used to really like B & C Creations barbecue. It was somewhere near downtown, don't even remember where for sure.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

OK. Not Wichita, but I'll mention anyway. It's been a number of years since I've been there, but there's this tavern in Williamsburg, just off I-35 southeast of Ottawa. Great ribs!!

If you're going by that way and have the time to stop, definitely worth it.

Comment

There's this one place...It's called Chili's. I hear they have good baby back ribs. They have this great recipe where they make them in another state, freeze them, ship them here and then they microwave them and slather them in sauce when you order them.

Comment

B and C is at 3rd and Washington.

Don't worry mvj, famous Dave's closed shop here. It wasn't worth it.

Pig in pig out is very good. I haven't been for a long time.

Has anyone tried the billy Simms BBQ in Andover? At least that is what I think it is called.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            OK. Not Wichita, but I'll mention anyway. It's been a number of years since I've been there, but there's this tavern in Williamsburg, just off I-35 southeast of Ottawa. Great ribs!!

If you're going by that way and have the time to stop, definitely worth it.
                            Guy and Mae's. And yes it's worth the stop. In fact it may be on my agenda tomorrow on my way to KC.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              Has anyone tried the billy Simms BBQ in Andover? At least that is what I think it is called.
                              I have had it, but not in Andover. I was able to try it at a location in Oklahoma not long ago. I thought it was very good, and I would definitely recommend trying it out. I remember it being a couple bucks more than what I am used to for bbq. Oh, and I didn't actually have the ribs...so I can't speak to that. I think I had a hot link and brisket.

Comment

Working...
                              X