Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you welcome White Castle w/ open arms if it came back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Sandy's on the corner of Douglas and Grove across from East High. They were purchased by Hardee's in 1971.

Comment

I wish Hardee's would come back to Wichita. I ate at the one in Topeka and I had a good hamburger. It sure is better than Burger King.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
        I remember Sandy's on the corner of Douglas and Grove across from East High. They were purchased by Hardee's in 1971.
        I can remember my parents talking about going to Sandy's in Hutch back in the 50s. By the time I came along, it was indeed a Hardee's. I never cared for Hardee's. Their burgers were ordinary and small, as I remember them.

Comment

Is there any place in Wichita that still serves sliders?

Comment

Jimmie's on Rock is a King's X place.

Those tacos that our resident troll loves so much can be found at Burger King. Exactly the same as Jack in the box's tacos.

On the subject of tacos, this town needs a Taco Mayo...
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

This is taking it a little too far:

P.S. It's also making me hungry.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Taco Grande, with stores near Oliver and Lincoln and on E. Kelloge, had the best burritos I have eaten anywhere.

Was back in Wichita for a HS reunion a few years ago and couldn't find hide nor hair of them.

Assumed they went belly-up or wore bought out by a larger chain.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                  Taco Grande, with stores near Oliver and Lincoln and on E. Kelloge, had the best burritos I have eaten anywhere.

Was back in Wichita for a HS reunion a few years ago and couldn't find hide nor hair of them.

Assumed they went belly-up or wore bought out by a larger chain.
                  There's one at Seneca and Pawnee and another one at Amidon and 21st I believe.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well, unfortunately, while White Castle is proud of its history in Wichita, they are not looking to come back to Wichita, at least not in the very near future.

Comment

Since we've evolved from talking about White Castle burgers to tacos, I'll add my two cents in pizza joints around here. Wichita sucks when it comes to pizza. Papa John's pizza ain't the same Papa John's when it first came here. Pizza Hut sucks and so does Little Ceasars and Domino's.

Whatever happened to Godfather's and Big Cheese. I know there is a Big Cheese in Andover, but that joint has changed it's recepie too many times to count. It's current version sucks as well.

Knollas Pizza is okay, but I'm already burned out on that. My two favorite places are Godfather's and Po Boy Pizza near Southeast High.

Where is a Godfather's Pizza now?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Since we've evolved from talking about White Castle burgers to tacos, I'll add my two cents in pizza joints around here. Wichita sucks when it comes to pizza. Papa John's pizza ain't the same Papa John's when it first came here. Pizza Hut sucks and so does Little Ceasars and Domino's.

Whatever happened to Godfather's and Big Cheese. I know there is a Big Cheese in Andover, but that joint has changed it's recepie too many times to count. It's current version sucks as well.

Knollas Pizza is okay, but I'm already burned out on that. My two favorite places are Godfather's and Po Boy Pizza near Southeast High.

Where is a Godfather's Pizza now?
                        Damn good question. Does anyone recall the Godfather's located on the NW corner of 13th & Oliver? I believe it was open in the late 70's and early 80's. Their deep dish pizza was out of this world.
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Godfather`s at 47th and Broadway. Usedto be one at Seneca & Pawnee but its been demolished.

Comment

Godfathers is still open at Central and Tyler. I think there is still one at 21st and Amidon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Godfathers is still open at Central and Tyler. I think there is still one at 21st and Amidon as well.
                              I forgot about the 21st & Amidon location. Showbiz pizza was in Twin Lakes in the 80`s. :yes:

Comment

It was a sad day with the Godfathers in Hutch closed a year or two ago. Best pizza in town, IMO, but I'm not sure it was being operated properly.

For walk in and eat, I prefer Pizza Hut. But if I have the option, I'd get a Papa Murphy's Chicago Style and take it home.

Comment

Working...
                                X