Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you welcome White Castle w/ open arms if it came back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbird53
    Originally posted by SekShocker
    Jack N The Box to me is the best fast food restaurant that is not around this area. We have an A&W here in the metropolis that is Iola, KS along with a McDonalds, Sonic, Taco Bell, but I would give anything to have a Jack n The Box. As far as White Castle goes, I might partake if Wichita ever got one on the way to a ball game. I remember there being one on Metcalf in the KC burbs back in the day.
    You can't possibly be serious. Jack-N-The Box?
    Hell yes I'm serious, love that place.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      I've heard my wife mention Jack-N-The-Box before. Was it located where the Spangles at Kellog & Rock is at? I think she mentioned that as we drove by there.
      I didn't know there was ever one in Wichita. I ate at them in Seattle and Dallas when my brother was living in each of those cities. There is also one on the way to the Lou that I try and stop in when I can remember what town it is in.
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

The .50 Tacos from Jack in the Box are great.

Dearslayer and I always stop when we are near one on baseball trips and gut down a dozen or so.

They are made in South Hutchinson, Ks.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I've heard my wife mention Jack-N-The-Box before. Was it located where the Spangles at Kellog & Rock is at? I think she mentioned that as we drove by there.
          I didn't know there was ever one in Wichita. I ate at them in Seattle and Dallas when my brother was living in each of those cities. There is also one on the way to the Lou that I try and stop in when I can remember what town it is in.
          I believe there was a Jack-N-The-Box on the NE corner of Kellogg and Rock Road in the early eighties... then the rumors started about their food and they were out of here!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
            I believe there was a Jack-N-The-Box on the NE corner of Kellogg and Rock Road in the early eighties... then the rumors started about their food and they were out of here!
            So she's probably right. She did live just a few blocks south of there during that time.

Comment

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Carl's Jr.

Comment

Or In-and-Out Burger?

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                  I can't believe nobody has mentioned Carl's Jr.
                  Hardees is Carls Jr.

WEll not exactly but same company same food.

Comment

There used to be a A&W at Towne West a few years back. It was ok nothing special to me IMO.

The best thing about driving through OKC is Whataburger!!

Ill tell you what this place need though. Is Pizza Shuttle. Any and everytime im in Lawrence I eat there. You cannot go wrong with a pizza and a soda for 5 DOLLARS that will fill you up the whole weekend. Now of course its going to hurt coming out but hey its worth it IMO. Tori's *sp* in old town is pretty good. though and a somewhat acceptable substitute.

Also for my fellow people of the night. Howcome when you go to a larger city and the bars close down as soon as you are walking out you are bombarded by a plethora of food choices. 2 places come to mind with excellent pizza selections that you can buy by the slice One is in west port the other was Deep Ellum in Dallas.
                    But other than pizza you can get anything from Hamburgers to Hot dogs etc etc.

Seriously one could make a small fortune with a truck and some cooking skills

Comment

Seriously, this is a place you want to try and it's only a short drive to Yoder:

Bull's Eye Grill
                      3408 E. Red Rock Rd.
                      Yoder, KS
                      620-465-BULL

Slogan, "It Hits The Spot!"Burgers, Fries, Shakes & More!
                      Dine-in or Carryout

P.S. Sorry, no beer but a lot of bull. :D
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                        Or In-and-Out Burger?
                        That's the one I was going to bring up. I had In-and-Out and Jack in the Box both for the first time this summer while in Vegas. I preferred In and Out but Jack wasn't bad.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Oh hellz yeah I would. Although I think White Castle, like NuWay, is an acquired taste. But like in the movie, once you eat it, you will definitely get the craving!

Comment

Lets add Town Topic, Fatburger, Sonic and Backyard Burgers but the best burgers of all were Earls in KC
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                              Lets add Town Topic, Fatburger, Sonic and Backyard Burgers but the best burgers of all were Earls in KC
                              Our Backyard Burgers is leaving too. Pretty good food.

Comment

Sonic eats okay, but I always find myself looking under bun to make sure the meat is on there. Kind of like Mickey D's. I think that comes with using a lower grade of Hamburger than what I am used to from the supermarket.

I think Freddy's frozen custard is overrated per: portion size vs. price.

Tak-homa burger and Whataburger (from when I lived in Houston) were 2 other burger places.

Comment

Working...
                                X