Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you welcome White Castle w/ open arms if it came back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Peddler! Not the chain! it opened up in 1978 or 9 at 17th and Hillside.

People lined up for it, they had six locations by the end of the year. Pizza hut bought them out and told the owner he could never make pizza using that formula again. They turned the locations into Applegates landings. Best pizza ever made. 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      Originally posted by wxkid23
      Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      I miss Angelo's
      Angelo's WAS the best pizza IMO.

Defazzio's is OK but not near as good as Angelo's

Pizza hut= OK

Papa Johns= not a fan

Knolla's= fairly good

Godfathers= Currently my favorite

AJ's= Last couple times haven't been good.. i'll have to try again
      Angelos was the king. nothing like a pizza that was four times as thick as anything else. Four times as thick might be an understatement if your talking about the deluxe mega monster that was the closest thing to perfect ive ever come to when it comes to pizza.
      Angelo's was the only pizza that came close to good east coast pizza. IMO nothing else makes the grade in ICT. What I really miss from Boston is a good Greek pizzeria that serves up a big greasy steak bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23

Glory Days was our drunk college food. I'm surprised someone eats it sober.

Who said I was sober? 8)
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          Originally posted by t7017s
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          I miss Angelo's
          Angelo's WAS the best pizza IMO.

Defazzio's is OK but not near as good as Angelo's

Pizza hut= OK

Papa Johns= not a fan

Knolla's= fairly good

Godfathers= Currently my favorite

AJ's= Last couple times haven't been good.. i'll have to try again
          Angelos was the king. nothing like a pizza that was four times as thick as anything else. Four times as thick might be an understatement if your talking about the deluxe mega monster that was the closest thing to perfect ive ever come to when it comes to pizza.
          Angelo's was the only pizza that came close to good east coast pizza. IMO nothing else makes the grade in ICT. What I really miss from Boston is a good Greek pizzeria that serves up a big greasy steak bomb.
          I want/need a cheese steak so bad. I mean really really bad.

Comment

I remember when Places actually use to put some toppings on their Pizza.

Angelos is/was good, but I loved their Sausage Manicotti more ... Yum!

Best Pizza I ever ate was when I was a boy, and some friends of my parents daughter was marrying John Cogliati, a true Italian boy from New Jersey. Making Pizza was handed down in his family from Italy days, and his Pizza was to die for.

Comment

I don't know if it's still there, but the best pizza I can recall eating was at a place called Timeout Pizza in the McPherson bowling alley. That was probably 10+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                Originally posted by Indy23

Glory Days was our drunk college food. I'm surprised someone eats it sober.

Who said I was sober? 8)
                LOL
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

If we are talking nationwide... Lou Malnati's in Chicago is my favorite. Great deep dish pizza that you can literally make a meal out of the toppings. I was in NYC last summer but didn't find anything I really liked.

Comment

If we are talking nationwide... Lou Malnati's in Chicago is my favorite. Great deep dish pizza that you can literally make a meal out of the toppings. I was in NYC last summer but didn't find anything I really liked.
                    i enjoy a chicago style. My friends from NY though dont like the pizza mainly because of so many toppings. Most of them thank you need a slice of cheese and thats it.

most people around here have only been exposed to Pizza Hut and the such so we are used to having alot of toppings thrown on a pizza.

Interesting though about a month back on the History Channel they had 2 different shows one being the history of BBQ and the other being the history of Pizza. both were quite interesting.

Comment

• The History Channel can be great. I think it was about 3 weeks ago I watched the history of pizza, beer and chocolate. I think hotdogs came on next but 3 hours of TV and I needed to get up and move around. I don't even drink but the beer thing was quite interesting as were the others. Who knew?!?!
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                        The History Channel can be great. I think it was about 3 weeks ago I watched the history of pizza, beer and chocolate. I think hotdogs came on next but 3 hours of TV and I needed to get up and move around. I don't even drink but the beer thing was quite interesting as were the others. Who knew?!?!
                        If its not ESPN, History Channel or a Movie Channel I cant watch TV

Comment

• Winsteads in KC sucked, bad burger. Wasn't there a WC in Salina?

Comment

Working...
                          X