Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you welcome White Castle w/ open arms if it came back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wxkid23
    Originally posted by kcshocker11
    Lets add Town Topic, Fatburger, Sonic and Backyard Burgers but the best burgers of all were Earls in KC
    Our Backyard Burgers is leaving too. Pretty good food.
    Ya, what's up with that? I thought they were always doing well.

Next thing I knew, I was heading there one night and went to the drive thru and everything was black and shut down. I was like.. wtf?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My problem with Backyard Burgers was the location. It was such a pain to get in and out of where it was located.

Twice I wound up going somewhere else vs. sitting waiting for someone to let me pull through.

Comment

Lets add Town Topic, Fatburger, Sonic and Backyard Burgers but the best burgers of all were Earls in KC
        Earls? Over by Barry Road is no longer there? If I'm thinking of the same joint, them's the best burgers in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          Earls? Over by Barry Road is no longer there? If I'm thinking of the same joint, them's the best burgers in the world!
          His original location was on Linwood. He retired and shut them down.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This was kind of a coincident. I was watching 1 vs 100 on NBC and one of the questions was:

Which has the smallest buns?

The choices were:

[A] Burger King Whopper [B] McDonald's Big Mac [C] White Castle Hamburger

The guy got the answer of [C] right. He was asked what they were called and he said Slyders.

Comment

Oasis Lounge used to have some great burgers. Been a long time since I've been there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
                Jack N The Box to me is the best fast food restaurant that is not around this area. We have an A&W here in the metropolis that is Iola, KS along with a McDonalds, Sonic, Taco Bell, but I would give anything to have a Jack n The Box. As far as White Castle goes, I might partake if Wichita ever got one on the way to a ball game. I remember there being one on Metcalf in the KC burbs back in the day.

"There are no freaking french fries!"
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm watching "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" on TNT...

Crazy how this topic starts and White Castle all of a sudden is EVERYWHERE!!

Comment

it's on NOW? Man, too bad all of the good bits are edited out.

Comment

Back in the 40's, 50's, and in the early 60's, Wichita had a good hamburger chain named King's X. They were very similar to White Castle and early on sold for about 5 cents a burger. I seem to recall, but it's been too long ago for me to remember accurately, that these stores may even have converted from the old White Castle chain which had recently departed.

There were several stores but I can only recall two. One was located on the NE corner of Kelloge and Oliver and I believe it was still operational in 1961, the year I left. The other was located about one or two blocks East of Hydraulic on Douglas.

I doubt it, but does King's X still operate in Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                        Back in the 40's, 50's, and in the early 60's, Wichita had a good hamburger chain named King's X. They were very similar to White Castle and early on sold for about 5 cents a burger. I seem to recall, but it's been too long ago for me to remember accurately, that these stores may even have converted from the old White Castle chain which had recently departed.

There were several stores but I can only recall two. One was located on the NE corner of Kelloge and Oliver and I believe it was still operational in 1961, the year I left. The other was located about one or two blocks East of Hydraulic on Douglas.

As a young pup growing up in the 60's I recall a hamburger chain in Wichita named Sandy's or maybe Griffs? I believe one of them was located near the current Scotch and Sirloin... my memory isn't the best, but those were the best hamburgers I've ever eaten.

Edited.... it was Sandy's
                        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Edited again... there was also a Griffs
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griff's_Hamburgers
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                          Originally posted by 60Shock

As a young pup growing up in the 60's I recall a hamburger chain in Wichita named Sandy's or maybe Griffs? I believe one of them was located near the current Scotch and Sirloin... my memory isn't the best, but those were the best hamburgers I've ever eaten.

Edited.... it was Sandy's
                          Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Edited again... there was also a Griffs
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griff's_Hamburgers
                          Love Griffs the last one in the country went out of business in KCK 4 years ago it was a family one that out lasted the company by over 20 years. Didnt Sandys have a Scottish Girl logo? I also remember kingsX.

How about this one Smacks. I believe it was the orginal fast food burger joint before Mickey D's
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The guy that opened King's X used to work for White Castle. White Castle let him have the restaurants as long as they resembled nothing like White Castle.

Comment

Jimmies's Diner and Toc's are King's X resturants, right?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                Jimmies's Diner and Toc's are King's X resturants, right?
                                Which Jimmies? Are you talking about the one that used to be a KFC on seneca?

If its that one then yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X