Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction is estimated to start in one year. Wow!
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Construction is estimated to start in one year. Wow!
      The speed of Bardo!
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        The speed of Bardo!
        Imagine dropping a 25k expandable football stadium right in the middle of this. Amazing! Bardo is really going to leave a legacy at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          The speed of Bardo!
          Bardo's not a fool. He knows that the momentum and PR created by the basketball team's accomplishments can be a fickle thing, so it's NOW or never. Good on him!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised at all if WSU doesn't get a single response to the RFQ. The area around WSU - all directions - has had essentially no development activity for decades outside of things very specific and no-brainer in relation to the school. Just because Bardo is now asking for development doesn't mean there are any investors out there ready to plop down funds to make it come to fruition.

I'll gladly eat my shorts if it happens though, and none of this is to say I'm not a fan of Bardo or what he has done for the school. Just being realistic.

Comment

• You may be right. However is it possible that the WSU people talked to some potential developers before they published the RFQ to gauge the level of interest? I really have no idea about the response they will get, but I sure hope it is something that develops for the very reason you stated. The area is really needing some renovation and a fresh look. If anyone can make it happen I think it's Bardo that can get it done.
              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; March 5, 2015, 07:57 PM.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Wouldn't be surprised at all if WSU doesn't get a single response to the RFQ. The area around WSU - all directions - has had essentially no development activity for decades outside of things very specific and no-brainer in relation to the school. Just because Bardo is now asking for development doesn't mean there are any investors out there ready to plop down funds to make it come to fruition.

I'll gladly eat my shorts if it happens though, and none of this is to say I'm not a fan of Bardo or what he has done for the school. Just being realistic.

Somebody has to go first, if it's ever going to happen. At least that group would get the best location at the best price. Do we know how many students are living on campus now and what near term projections are? That would sure be a driving factor.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  I'll gladly eat my shorts if it happens...
                  Are you sure?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Has anyone received a 'SPECIAL INVITATION' from Wichita State University President John Bardo? I've heard rumor of a major corporate partnership for the Innovative Campus. I understand the event will take place on March 24, 2015 at the All-American Club at Eck Stadium. That's an interesting location for a major announcement.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• From what I have been told there have been several developers that has expressed an interest as well as more than two national hotels with an interest. This comes from the same guy that told me they were pushing the start of the additional housing for students up a couple of years and has already been announced as going to happen. I believe also that the multi use corridor at 21st will be separate from the one at 17th.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Has anyone received a 'SPECIAL INVITATION' from Wichita State University President John Bardo? I've heard rumor of a major corporate partnership for the Innovative Campus. I understand the event will take place on March 24, 2015 at the All-American Club at Eck Stadium. That's an interesting location for a major announcement.
                        I'm not special enough.

Comment

• With all this process, surrounding campus, I hope some big $$$ people can donate funds for:

- A smaller/more intimate facility for VB and WBB. (Dare I say it, but Creighton has a pretty nice one)
                          - Redo Censena and make it a track dedicated facility. (like Hayward Field @ Oregon, but more then likely not as nice)
                          - Finish the baseball renovations

I know it's not in the plans (like the office building is), but I think it would really help boost our athletic programs

Also, I still hold out hope for @WuDrWu:'s dream of building "The House That Gregg Built"!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            With all this process, surrounding campus, I hope some big $$$ people can donate funds for:

- A smaller/more intimate facility for VB and WBB. (Dare I say it, but Creighton has a pretty nice one)
                            - Redo Censena and make it a track dedicated facility. (like Hayward Field @ Oregon, but more then likely not as nice)
                            - Finish the baseball renovations

I know it's not in the plans (like the office building is), but I think it would really help boost our athletic programs

Also, I still hold out hope for @WuDrWu:'s dream of building "The House That Gregg Built"!
                            I'm not sure if it is on the books, but we need to do something about the business school. It's antiquated and needs some serious TLC. Regional schools like UMKC and KU have or are in the process of building new, state of the art buildings for their business programs. While I agree athletic success is the quickest way to spread the Wichita State brand nationally, potential students do pay attention to academic rankings where WSU falls short in so many areas. We may argue the merits of how these rankings are put together, but face it, high school seniors don't care how the school got ranked, just what its ranking is.

If I win the powerball this week, you can be sure I will make the second phase of the baseball renovation happen and kick start the funding of our own state of the art business school.

If Kansas University could find a way to convert the personal energy of business school dean Neeli Bendapudi into electricity, it could probably power the entire campus the year round without paying another energy bill.

Explore UMKC, a comprehensive, urban research university with award-winning academic programs and a diverse, inclusive campus in the heart of Kansas City.

Comment

• I believe a new business school adjacent to, or part of the innovation campus is part of the plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I believe a new business school adjacent to, or part of the innovation campus is part of the plan.
                                That was my recollection as well.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X