X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Again, I KNEW this would happen if they decriminalized it.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        A good spot is directly West / NW of Intrust.
        One could argue on closer proximity to St Francis Via Christi but that area looks not nearly as enticing as the area I mention. Larger economic engine possibilities imo.
        Regardless, a project this size has a “build it, they will come” capabilities

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

One could argue on closer proximity to St Francis Via Christi but that area looks not nearly as enticing as the area I mention. Larger economic engine possibilities imo.
          I had looked at that area as well. The two blocks bounded by Emporia, Broadway, English And William looks to be over 60% owned by the City currently while the remaining area is controlled by private entities, two of which are in the development business.

Once the Delano bus transfer building and parking garage is built the current bus transfer location will most likely be downsized and relocated.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I had looked at that area as well. The two blocks bounded by Emporia, Broadway, English And William looks to be over 60% owned by the City currently while the remaining area is controlled by private entities, two of which are in the development business.

Once the Delano bus transfer building and parking garage is built the current bus transfer location will most likely be downsized and relocated.
            Don’t have much time to research now, but I recall seeing the blueprint for the new medical complex.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think I'd vote on having it between IBA and the river. That's an area that has seen some progress but a facility like this would bring a lot more residential and business opportunities to that area between IBA and Rivefront and could finally help spark more activity around the arena.

Granted, wherever they end up choosing is going to see a massive benefit, but that's an area that's been targeted for growth for a long time and just hasn't seen enough of it. The future Ballpark District would also potentially benefit as well with so many new people living and working nearby.

With all of that said, I'm sure they'll be looking at the area closer to St. Francis, but I'm not sure that it has to be next door to still be a massive benefit. Even building there could still have a positive impact around/near IBA but it wouldn't probably be enough to connect the Arena and Ballpark Districts into a much larger cohesive unit.

Maybe I'm full of ****.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• WSU - Shocker supporters leave $1 million estate gift to WSU Music Associates

Betty and Art Wood shared a passion for music throughout their lives, and their legacy of supporting the arts continues through their gift of $1 million from their estate to support the Music Associates Endowed Fund at Wichita State.

Though neither graduated from WSU, the couple had a lifelong connection to the university. For more than 30 years, they financially supported many fine arts programs and were generous with their time, as well. Art, for instance, served as a member of the Music Associates Board of Directors, including a term as chair.

“Art and Betty were incredibly committed to supporting students in the arts at Wichita State, and we are amazed by the magnitude of this gift and their generosity,” says Ann Marie Siegwarth, senior director of development for the College of Fine Arts. “The legacy they’ve left with this gift will create incredible opportunities for WSU students for generations to come.”

The Music Associates Fund was created in 1993 by a group of community members to support students in the School of Music. After almost 20 years of funding, they were able to endow the fund to assist students at WSU in perpetuity.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Several problems that I see with the building of anything in Wichita will be the group/groups that will say it costs too much or it isn't big enough or there isn't enough parkin or we could have got more bang for the buck or it's not as nice as the one in wherever. But thats just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Several problems that I see with the building of anything in Wichita will be the group/groups that will say it costs too much or it isn't big enough or there isn't enough parkin or we could have got more bang for the buck or it's not as nice as the one in wherever. But thats just me.
                    Then let's add a 20 foot communications tower on the top to make it taller, reduce the number of toilets to save money, but add marble sinks to get that bang for the labor buck, use shinier masonry than Johnson County's, and build it in Viola so there's plenty of parking!

Comment

• More nice apartments at Vassar Flats

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Daaaayum! It's a great day to be a Shocker!

Comment

• So what is the dirt moving going on in front of the Hyatt just west of Oliver?

Comment

• Street Insider - Verizon deploys 5G at Deloitte's The Smart Factory @ Wichita

Verizon works with Deloitte and other Smart Factory ecosystem companies to advance the execution of smart manufacturing and enables manufacturers to quickly adopt state-of-the-art, Industry 4.0 solutions and technologies that drive new business models to boost quality, productivity and sustainability. As a Builder-level collaborator in The Smart Factory @ Wichita ecosystem of 20 world-leading organizations, Verizon intends to leverage this network of companies to help customers across industries innovate their approach to improved connectivity and use of data to improve real-time coordination between people and assets. Verizon’s private 5G wireless network provides features that will help drive select use cases at The Smart Factory @ Wichita, including:
                              • Increased shop floor visibility: Use of predictive maintenance analytics on assets can improve uptime and productivity by addressing ~50% of the root causes of downtime.
                              • Improved quality assurance and reduced defects: Detection of potential defects in manufactured products or services before they reach customers, thereby improving the customer experience and reducing waste.
                              • Material handling automation: Orchestration and management of AGV and AMR fleets can lead to improved reliability, consistency, safety and accuracy of moving material across the plant.
                              • Workplace safety: Reduces human error and manual workloads to minimize injury and productivity loss.

“The Smart Factory @ Wichita is a microcosm of industry 4.0 itself, with a wide range of enterprise partners, suppliers, researchers, and complementary technologies coming together in one ecosystem to make a supercharged impact. 5G brings massive bandwidth and incredibly fast data speeds to the equation to help make these impacts replicable in a plethora of business applications at virtually any scale — customers have the flexibility to dream big and start small,” said Jennifer Artley, SVP, 5G Acceleration, Verizon Business. “5G is the backbone of Industry 4.0, and we’re so excited to bring it to Deloitte’s The Smart Factory @ Wichita to help catalyze scalable, collaborative innovation.”
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• This was referenced previously, but WSU put this out sometime yesterday.

WSU - WSU ranks No. 20 in US for engineering R&D funding

For fiscal year 2021, Wichita State reported total R&D expenditures of $192 million – up from $154 million in 2020. Wichita State has moved up one spot to third in total aerospace R&D expenditures with $153 million; and maintained its rank as first in industry-funded aerospace R&D with a total of $75 million.

“Research is at the heart of Wichita State’s mission and vision. It drives innovation, advances knowledge, and helps solve complex problems facing our society,” said Dr. Rick Muma, president of Wichita State. “As Kansas’ only urban public research university, this ranking is an honor, but it is not a surprise. And it sends a signal to the rest of the country that Wichita State is a powerful presence in the research arena, particularly in engineering.”

In recent years, the National Institute for Aviation Research at Wichita State has increased its relationship with various divisions of the Department of Defense, which has led to a fifth-place listing in federally funded aerospace R&D expenditures with $63 million.

These rankings put Wichita State among other prestigious engineering universities such as the Georgia Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Purdue and Stanford.

With increasing contracts and awards from industry and federal agencies, Wichita State expects to continue climbing the ranks in the NSF’s survey. The 2022 numbers will be compiled by NSF and published in late 2023.
                                NIAR is obviously a huge driving force in this.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X