This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I hesitate to mention this but there was an article in the Eagle about the developer who is behind the Medical school in Wichita set to enroll its first students this fall. Talked a lot about how the development of 4-5 properties will have an enormous impact on downtown what with the student apartments and a new venue for eating and catering by the Wichita State Tech Culinary school. She and her husband are both graduates of ku but apparently it was ku that fought tooth and nail against her starting the Med School in Wichita.
    I read that too. Caused her to throw in the towel…. for a week (though she won’t publicly say it)

Comment

• I'm gonna sticky this thread for a bit. Bardo's vision is just too awesome to miss.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kinda cool with NIAR and Devlin mention...

""I had a vision for the car that Tim Devlin and his team here in Wichita (at Devlin Rod and Customs) with the help of some of the best engineering in the country put . . . into reality."

Wichita's National Institute for Aviation Research helped, too, along with national hot rod shops."

Wichitans win Super Bowl of the hot-rodding world (msn.com)

This isn't the car, but it's a '32 Chevrolet Roadster... Ross and I used to cruise around the 316 in one similar.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Here's the actual Lucille:

Comment

• Here's one that will make you 'pucker' a bit for a couple of reasons...

Estate of Wichita oil magnate gives $11 million in scholarships to KU, Wichita State

"“This remarkable gift will create opportunities for KU and its students for generations to come,” KU Chancellor Douglas Girod said as part of the event. “It also reinforces the educational partnership between Wichita State and KU as both strive to create a stronger Kansas through higher education.”"

Estate of Wichita oil magnate gives $11 million in scholarships to KU, Wichita State | News, Sports, Jobs - Lawrence Journal-World: news, information, headlines and events in Lawrence, Kansas (ljworld.com)

Guess a little collaboration isn't all bad...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Here's one that will make you 'pucker' a bit for a couple of reasons...

Estate of Wichita oil magnate gives $11 million in scholarships to KU, Wichita State

"“This remarkable gift will create opportunities for KU and its students for generations to come,” KU Chancellor Douglas Girod said as part of the event. “It also reinforces the educational partnership between Wichita State and KU as both strive to create a stronger Kansas through higher education.”"

Estate of Wichita oil magnate gives $11 million in scholarships to KU, Wichita State | News, Sports, Jobs - Lawrence Journal-World: news, information, headlines and events in Lawrence, Kansas (ljworld.com)

Guess a little collaboration isn't all bad...

No doubt those gifts reduced his federal estate tax liability by $4.4. But it's still $5.5 million toWSU.

Comment

• Sounds like another comprehensive fund raising campaign starts next year for some capital projects including a “very big project” downtown combining KU Med, WSU/WSU Tech Health Professional programs consolidations.

Curious as to whether this campaign ties into the new Kansas Osteopathic Medical school downtown as well as the new T/F stadium.

around 16min mark

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...isode-246.html

Last edited by Veritas; February 14, 2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• There was a public presentation last night on what WSU has been calling their “university village.” The preferred respondents to an RFP discussed their plans to redevelop underutilized land on the south side of 17th st. near the “main entrance” of WSU just east of Hillside near Kirby’s. The development group is out of KC and has done some major projects in that metro, the architects are out of Wichita. Interesting comment from the development group that “they wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the success of the Innovation Campus.” Nothing dramatic for phase one as they’re calling it, but plans call for at least two large 3 story buildings pushed up against 17th, a small parking garage behind one of the buildings, and a few housing units, and commercial/retail and office all tied in. Whatever comes of it, it’ll be better than empty parking lots and derelict buildings that now occupy the parcels of land.

More to come I’m sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                    There was a public presentation last night on what WSU has been calling their “university village.” The preferred respondents to an RFP discussed their plans to redevelop underutilized land on the south side of 17th st. near the “main entrance” of WSU just east of Hillside near Kirby’s. The development group is out of KC and has done some major projects in that metro, the architects are out of Wichita. Interesting comment from the development group that “they wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the success of the Innovation Campus.” Nothing dramatic for phase one as they’re calling it, but plans call for at least two large 3 story buildings pushed up against 17th, a small parking garage behind one of the buildings, and a few housing units, and commercial/retail and office all tied in. Whatever comes of it, it’ll be better than empty parking lots and derelict buildings that now occupy the parcels of land.

More to come I’m sure.
                    The Bardo had this in his master plan and it's one I've been waiting to see come to light. I believe he wanted to see 17th have some life to it and help create/establish more campus culture.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Is it part of the University Village concept?

Comment

• It looks that way to me.

Comment

• Hey that picture on page 23 is from a food hall in Little Italy here in San Diego. Been there many times. Not Not Tacos is bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hey that picture on page 23 is from a food hall in Little Italy here in San Diego. Been there many times. Not Not Tacos is bomb.
                            Nice! Never been but I am a fan of Sam the Cooking Guy.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Nice! Never been but I am a fan of Sam the Cooking Guy.
                              Absolutely! He is great. Funny guy and heck of a chef.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X