This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a singular scholarship.

Construction projects continue to go on south of campus and plans for more student housing are in the works along 17th between Gentry and Harvard.

WBJ - More mixed use development planned south of WSU

These projects should offer at least 330 units when finished and there should also be some commercial space available for potential retail or restaurants and such. If you need other reference points beside the roads, these projects appear to be next to and behind The Field House and Fairmount Coffee Co.

I like there being more options for student housing near campus and I'm always a fan of new potential shopping and dining options for those that live around there. The more that the campus area can be a bit of a destination area, at least for students, the better. Makes for better campus life and student interactions.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I was amazed at the amount of new apartments that are already available and all called "The 17th" The brick housing pictured in the WBJ photo is the last of the "nasty" south side apartments.

Comment

• So what is the newest construction going on at 17th and Oliver just east of NetApp

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          So what is the newest construction going on at 17th and Oliver just east of NetApp
          Boatright's new mansion.

Comment

So what is the newest construction going on at 17th and Oliver just east of NetApp
            It might be a ‘spec’ type building; if you build it, they will come.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

NIRDT

National Institute for Research and Digital Transformation

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                NIRDT
                If I have another kid, that's gonna be his middle name.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If I have another kid, that's gonna be his middle name.
                  or Norbit

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

or Norbit

My grandfather's name was Norbert. Glad I was't name after him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My grandfather's name was Norbert. Glad I was't name after him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

NIRDT

National Institute for Research and Digital Transformation
                        Thankyou

Comment

• WBJ - WSU Tech launches new program this fall to get more registered nurses into Wichita workforce

Students in the two-year program will earn an associate's degree in registered nursing (RN) from WSU Tech, and after passing a licensure exam, can enter the workforce as an entry-level registered nurse.

The nursing component of the program includes clinical experiences with rotations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Classes begin in August at the WSU Tech South campus and the program will be open to 20 students.
                          As per usual, graduates will have the option and a smooth transition to WSU for their bachelors degree should they choose to do so.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Interesting. My grand daughter was accepted by the school of Nursing program at WSU this fall

Comment

• I’m just going to put this here.

Many of us undervalue what we have here in Wichita… we seem to have an inferiority complex.

I think this is from the heart…

Comment

• Maybe there's growth potential here...

Eagle - Wichita State hosts first high school esports tournament: East wins Valorant title

Four Wichita high schools competed on Saturday in the first high school tournament hosted by the Wichita State esports team, which pitted teams of five against each other playing Valorant, a first-person shooter computer game.

The Wichita State esports team secured a sponsorship from McDonald’s, which provided lunch and gave every participant in the competition at least a $25 gift card with each player on the winning team taking home $100 gift cards. The high school competitors were provided a setup to play, including computers, mouses, keyboards and headsets, courtesy of the esports hub in the Heskett Center.

The grand finals between Wichita East and Wichita West did not disappoint, as the Blue Aces prevailed in a thrilling 12-overtime match to claim the championship of the Valorant High School Combine. Wichita Northeast Magnet and Education Imagine Academy were the other schools who took part in the competition.
                                I know this is a thing but I have no idea how much of a thing it will become in the future.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X