Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An article in the paper today mentioned that students from the state of Illinois will be able to pay in state tuition much like the I-35 corridor students already do. I think this has been a successful program to encourage out of state students to attend WSU. How many years before we overtake the mild cats in enrollment. Ours is trending up while the latter is down.

Comment

• Downtown Medical School was granted Pre Accreditation status and will start recruiting students for its first classes slated to start in August 2022. The 116,000 square foot Medical School will finish construction by the end of the year. The Medical school will anchor the downtown education complex which will include WSU Techs Culinary School, A 119 apartment student housing and a 119 room AC Marriott Hotel. The first class will accommodate 85 students with subsequent classes of up to 170 students. Final accreditation will come when the first class is ready to graduate. Although the Medical School is not directly affiliated with WSU it still does my heart good to wave this in the face of that other Medical School that flaunts its moniker ku med school-Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Although the Medical School is not directly affiliated with WSU it still does my heart good to wave this in the face of that other Medical School that flaunts its moniker ku med school-Wichita.
        That medical school will get swallowed up by KU in 3 ... 2 ...
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That medical school will get swallowed up by KU in 3 ... 2 ...
          KU vehemently opposed the med school being built. Some of you might better explain the difference, but the KHSC is an osteopathic med school, while KU is more traditional.

They very well could remain independent, but if not, WSU needs to aggressively go after it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

KU vehemently opposed the med school being built. Some of you might better explain the difference, but the KHSC is an osteopathic med school, while KU is more traditional.

They very well could remain independent, but if not, WSU needs to aggressively go after it.
            Should WSU do that, the office of the board of regents will have KU lawyers pitching tents in every nook and cranny (both literally and figuratively).

Comment

Should WSU do that, the office of the board of regents will have KU lawyers pitching tents in every nook and cranny (both literally and figuratively).
              This should be Red Line moment for WSU IF (big if) the KHSC ultimately needs to align with WSU, KU, or KSU. All civic, political, and monetary clout of Wichita should be focused on not losing this to KU or KSU.
              Additionally, while we’re at it, put the Dental school at WSU as well.

Comment

• WSU and KU Med announced a joint medical education center in Wichita that would presumably centralize WSU, KU, and WSU Tech medical education in Wichita. Not a whole lot of other details. Interesting timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                  WSU and KU Med announced a joint medical education center in Wichita that would presumably centralize WSU, KU, and WSU Tech medical education in Wichita. Not a whole lot of other details. Interesting timing.
                  Good grief! Why kowtow to these clowns. Bury ‘em!
                  This is not good imo, unless KU wants WSU to take over their Wichita med school.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I’m struggling with this Kung Wu.
                      if WSU is Clint, and Eli Wallach is KSU, then is Lee Van Cleef KU or the KBoR? I’m thinking Lee Van Cleef is the KBoR.

Comment

• I would be more worried about this utter BS.

Kansas State University renames the aviation campus in Salina to emphasize plans to expand footprint in aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          I would be more worried about this utter BS.

Kansas State University renames the aviation campus in Salina to emphasize plans to expand footprint in aerospace and advanced manufacturing.

It just goes to show the bias of the KBoR. WSU does not appear to be adequately represented if at all.

KSU is allowed to do that 66 miles from KSU and 90 miles from a national leading aerospace research university, yet WSU is not allowed to have their own med school in the states largest city (or dental, or law…)

Does WSU fight for anything other than against BUCO Juco and the culinary school?

I miss Bardo.

Comment

I’m struggling with this Kung Wu.
                            if WSU is Clint, and Eli Wallach is KSU, then is Lee Van Cleef KU or the KBoR? I’m thinking Lee Van Cleef is the KBoR.

Clint is KU.

Lee Van Cleef is WSU -- we're gonna got shot twice, man.

Eli Wallach is KU's Bend over Regents.

And the girl? Every med center that ever has and ever will start up in Wichita.

Comment

Does WSU fight for anything other than against BUCO Juco and the culinary school?

Comment

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-c/worst-c...Dec_msninfo_v1

Well this is bad optics and frankly unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X