Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Returning to its pre-pandemic enrollment numbers, WSU enrolled 16,097 students this fall. That’s an increase of 3.5% over last year and the largest enrollment Wichita State has seen since 1990. Wichita State also has the largest first-time-in-college class in history at 1,735 students, an increase of 14.5%."

"WSU Tech saw 4,834 students enroll in classes this fall, a 4.9% increase from last year. Although the college saw a slight decline in FTE as stated in the KBOR report, overall headcount is up with the largest growth being in the high school student population, at an increase of 23.2% over last year."

Wichita State, WSU Tech announce fall enrollment numbers - WSU Tech

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Just imagine where it would be with football.... sigh.

It's still progress
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• KBOR shows WSU had largest growth YoY.
        What’s interesting is the 5 year trend and how many students KSU has lost. Staggering!

https://www.kansasregents.org/resour...atted_2021.pdf

I wonder whether the College of Osteopathic Medicine at the Kansas Health Science Center in downtown Wichita becomes part of WSU within 10 years. Who is fronting the current expense?

Discover the Kansas Health Science Center (KHSC) campus in downtown Wichita, where history converges with innovation. Housed within the iconic 217 N. Douglas building, KHSC's 116,000-square-foot facility pays homage to Wichita's past while embracing cutting-edge medical training. Our modern design encompasses an osteopathic skills training center, simulation facility, patient teaching rooms, and expansive lecture halls.

Last edited by Veritas; October 1, 2021, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• I believe it is being funded by an osteopathic doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I believe it is being funded by an osteopathic doctor.
            I recall it being a pharmacist, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I recall it being a pharmacist, but I could be wrong.
              You are correct...Sudha Tokala pharmacist turned developer.

Comment

• Another monthly publication from WSU is called Forward Together.. Has great articles about what is going on at WSU. WSU was selected to host the 2023 Science Olympiad. 1,800 high school students from the US, Canada and Japan will come to WSU to compete in various competitions. With parents, teachers and other classmates attending it is expected to draw a total of 4-7000 guests and competitors in 2023 for the four day competition. Be nice if the City of Wichita would do something for all these visitors to have a GREAT experience while they are here.

Comment

• Spirit, NIAR partner on ‘game-changer’ defense center in Wichita

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Spirit, NIAR partner on ‘game-changer’ defense center in Wichita

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...se-center.html
                    One of the best headlines, I’ve ever read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I see what you did there. Very good

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

I see what you did there. Very good
                        Since I have no idea what the article says, My guess would that this partnership will create at least a few local jobs.

Comment

Comment

Since I have no idea what the article says, My guess would that this partnership will create at least a few local jobs.

Comment

An example of President Bardo's vision for WSU and the City of Wichita - of far greater importance than the initial jobs it creates in Wichita.

Comment

• You know what would be pretty cool would be if someone at WSU could do like a virtual flyover of what the campus will look like in 50 years. Goodness knows the main campus has changed in the 50 years since I first attended. Just curious to see what it will look like with mature trees etc on the Innovative campus. Probably won't be around in 50 years to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X