Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating the demolition of our football stadium is a tad tone deaf in light of our current situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Celebrating the demolition of our football stadium is a tad tone deaf in light of our current situation.
      It isn't a football stadium. It's a really old, crumbling, gigantic, concrete structure of blight that USED to be a football stadium over 30 years ago.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It isn't a football stadium. It's a really old, crumbling, gigantic, concrete structure of blight that USED to be a football stadium over 30 years ago.
        One day you're gonna be old and crumbling. You don't want somebody taking a sledgehammer to you now do you? :(

I'd prefer a full restoration and entrance into the MVC football league. I'd even agree to a lady's soccer team to help offset the scholarships. :)

Comment

I'd prefer a full restoration and entrance into the MVC football league. I'd even agree to a lady's soccer team to help offset the scholarships. :)
          Noowwww you're peaking my interest. But no full restoration. Bomb it and build new. Just be willing to stamp K.O.C.H. in 30 ft letters on the side of it. And a men's side too plus women's only lacrosse for Title IX.

Comment

Noowwww you're peaking my interest. But no full restoration. Bomb it and build new. Just be willing to stamp K.O.C.H. in 30 ft letters on the side of it. And a men's side too plus women's only lacrosse for Title IX.
            I'd like it restored to reflect the history of football at our university. I know it won't be a long mural, but... Let's not erase it all please. :(

Comment

I like the idea of women's only soccer. It sufficiently minimizes its importance, kind of like a novelty. ;)

American's are above soccer.......

Comment

I like the idea of women's only soccer. It sufficiently minimizes its importance, kind of like a novelty. ;)

American's are above soccer.......
                pffft

Comment

• Men and women’s soccer would be my choice. While I am not a big soccer fan, it is a cheap sport to play, would add to campus atmosphere in the fall (is it men or women that play in the fall?), and there are a lot of Kung Wu’s in the metro that would support it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Men and women’s soccer would be my choice. While I am not a big soccer fan, it is a cheap sport to play, would add to campus atmosphere in the fall (is it men or women that play in the fall?), and there are a lot of Kung Wu’s in the metro that would support it.
                    NCAA mens and womens are both in the fall.

Comment

• Would be amazing to have men's and women's soccer added.

Comment

I'd like it restored to reflect the history of football at our university. I know it won't be a long mural, but... Let's not erase it all please. :(
                        in its current condition, Cessna Stadium pretty much reflects the history of WSU football. Other than Prince McJunkins and Hank Schictle, it was an ugly, crumbling program.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

in its current condition, Cessna Stadium pretty much reflects the history of WSU football. Other than Prince McJunkins and Hank Schictle, it was an ugly, crumbling program.
                          “Jumpy” Geathers??

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I'm sure the families appreciate your description of the program as ugly and crumbling.

07ff3ee7-1c28-4f16-a145-0d3bdf026e9c.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

“Jumpy” Geathers??
                              Good player. Not such a good team. Sort of the Jason Perez of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm sure the families appreciate your description of the program as ugly and crumbling.

07ff3ee7-1c28-4f16-a145-0d3bdf026e9c.jpg
                                There are names of some of my close friends on that memorial. I don't see the connection between observing that WSU's football program was crumbling (which was the past, present, and future of the program when it was dropped) and somehow trying to say that observation disrespects the memory of a tragedy that the program also endured.

I lived in the same dorms as the football players who were on that flight. I knew several of their family members. I played pickup basketball games with and against them.

And you're claiming that I'm disrespecting their memory. SMDH

Comment

Working...
                                X