This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Woolsey Hall (College of Business)? That's south of The Flats and SE of the Y.
    I believe the structure is a new partnership building. Haven't heard what companies are going in there, though.

https://www.wichita.edu/about/innova...pus/IC_map.php
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

I believe the structure is a new partnership building. Haven't heard what companies are going in there, though.

I haven't been out there for a couple of months, so I was looking at this same map and taking a guess. Woolsey Hall is considered as "under construction" and basically behind both of the buildings that were mention in the post I quoted. The partnership building is said to be a future project and is further east, farther away from the Y.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that WSU is no longer poised for massive growth.

Comment

• And somewhere liberal professors are smiling.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
            And somewhere liberal professors are smiling.
            Somewhere close.....very close.

Comment

• never thought that wichita state was headed for massive growth in headcount.. hoping that research funding isn't hurt. personally, I feel like the Kochs of the world are getting too much influence in education.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                never thought that wichita state was headed for massive growth in headcount.. hoping that research funding isn't hurt. personally, I feel like the Kochs of the world are getting too much influence in education.
                We wouldn’t want a libertarian outlook to counter or balance the ultra left based orthodoxical viewpoints in higher education. Bullying for the left could become much more difficult. Hail the Marxists. I do admit to a little exaggeration although I’m not sure that it is very much.

Comment

• New Innovation Campus partnership announced ...

Research firm Navatek to open WSU office; partnership will greatly grow military research

https://www.wichita.edu/about/wsunew...tnership_9.php

New $2.2 million estate gift is dedicated to Wichita State students

https://www.wichita.edu/about/wsunew...ley_gift_2.php
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Nice video...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Nice video...

Vic Everett was a successful sprinter. I'm not sure if he was from Wichita but it's nice to see successful former Shockers giving back.

Comment

• I'm willing to give Dr. Golden a 'mulligan' on the Ivanka decision (it's taken some time to get over it). I do like his optimism/vision for the future and including WSU Tech's enrollment figures.

"Let us all do our part to stay optimistic and to communicate to our neighbors and community members that Wichita State University, including WSU Tech and our more than 5,000 employees and greater than 20,000 students is now, and will continue to be, the Innovative engine to make for a stronger and healthier region and state."

https://www.wichita.edu/administrati...en_message.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

WSU updated the map linked above. Lots of earth still moving out there.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; September 10, 2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X