X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• In today's environment it is great to see that our university continues to move forward in spite of a resounding belch a few months ago. Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Does anyone know the fall enrollment at the state university?

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          Does anyone know the fall enrollment at the state university?
          Usually released in late Sept.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I went back in this thread to 2014 when Bardo started kicking around the Innovation Campus idea. People were excited then, including myself. For what was at that point an “ambitious” plan to put 3 new buildings on what was then an underutilized golf course. I was ecstatic for WSU and the city. Some people questioned whether 3 new innovation focused buildings could really be built so quickly. “Isn’t this a 20 year plan?” they asked. Here we are, 7 years later, and there have been no less than 15 buildings built, or in progress. At this pace you can count on it that a couple more will start being built soon too. Were we that used to mediocrity that the proposal for 3 new buildings in 20 years for an innovation campus blew our minds? I think so. Hold onto your hats, buckle up, and watch this place soar. WSU needs to be looking outside their current footprint for not the next 30 years, but the next 10. I wouldn’t doubt if they already are. Onward and upward. Ad Astra Per Aspera

Comment

• JJ Clamdip's brother predicted the impact Dr Bardo would have on WSU. In his prophetic words 'Dr Bardo will drag WSU into the 21st Century whether it wants to go or not" Thank you Dr Bardo for all you envisioned and all that you did for this start up college initially called Fairmount.

Comment

• Now if our city would just follow.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Now if our city would just follow.
                  I don't think the city can't help but follow. As the University evolves the city will reap the rewards even if only peripheral. More attention world wide will be focused on the high plains and should bring additional opportunity for Wichita and south central Kansas. Success breeds success but it can also breed contempt so I am more worried about the north east populous and the elected officials in Topeka than our local ones. As far as anywhere else in the state I see WSU/Wichita trending upward.
                  Last edited by pogo; September 13, 2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

I don't think the city can help but follow. As the University evolves the city will reap the rewards even if only peripheral. More attention world wide will be focused on the high plains and should bring additional opportunity for Wichita and south central Kansas. Success breeds success but it can also breed contempt so I am more worried about the north east populous and the elected officials in Topeka than our local ones. As far as anywhere else in the state I see WSU/Wichita trending upward.
                    Need more bandwidth. This city relying on Cox for high-speed internet is a major infrastructure problem.

Comment

• Pure speculation, but I have a hunch Amazon Web Services will take a small space in the new Smart Factory @ Wichita. As a Deloitte partner in Industry 4.0, they’ve already teamed up to help Spirit Aerosystems. There are spaces being built in the building for “ecosystem partners.”

Comment

Need more bandwidth. This city relying on Cox for high-speed internet is a major infrastructure problem.
                        There's a decent amount of AT&T fiber infrastructure in place in our town now.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There's a decent amount of AT&T fiber infrastructure in place in our town now.
                          There's been a ton of fiber around the city for quite some time -- but we need it hooked to the backbone with a killer service provider and brought as close to the desktop by someone other than Cox.

Comment

Well, the Wichita State campus' service provider KanREN upgraded their internet2 connection to 100 gigabits per second last year. That's good for the students and faculty, but won't help the city out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Well, the Wichita State campus' service provider KanREN upgraded their internet2 connection to 100 gigabits per second last year. That's good for the students and faculty, but won't help the city out.
                              Yes, the campus Internet is great. Well at least the pipe coming in is. Surely they have cleaned up their IP mess over the past 10-20 years by now?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X