This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I think the second year I was there they tore up Yale to make it a pedestrian mall to the East Side of campus. The ROTC building and security was on the farthest reaches of the east side. Some of the students would drive their cars up and down yale between classes thus the moniker "Hillside High" Glad that has changed for the better.
    So you're saying you don't miss breathing the exhaust fumes when you walk past the east side of the Student Center?

Comment

• Pretty much. I will say again that the parking garage really looks good and blends well with the RSC

Comment

...What is the new steel going up by the water tower?...
        Groundwork has begun on a new industry partner building on Wichita State University's Innovation Campus development. Organizations aimed at hiring students will get priority.

New speculative partnership building. Officials have not announced any tenants. Just that they "expect this space will be in high demand."

Comment

Pretty much. I will say again that the parking garage really looks good and blends well with the RSC
          I agree. I drove past that on my way to the Volleyball 101 dinner and was surprised how well it did blend in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
            http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/stories/story.asp?si=3688

New speculative partnership building. Officials have not announced any tenants. Just that they "expect this space will be in high demand."
            That's a great looking building.

Comment

• Koch gift will help create WSU institute to study economic growth

"Wichita State University will create an Institute for the Study of Economic Growth with a $3.6 million grant from the Charles Koch Foundation."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I am amazed that so many people in universities are so afraid of the Koch name. I think that Universities should welcome new and different ideas that challenge the status quo. It is in these institutions that people have an opportunity to see if these ideas have merit and accept or reject different philosophies.

Comment

I am amazed that so many people in universities are so afraid of the Koch name. I think that Universities should welcome new and different ideas that challenge the status quo. It is in these institutions that people have an opportunity to see if these ideas have merit and accept or reject different philosophies.
                  One would think, unfortunately higher education is becoming its own echo chamber... by intentional design.

Comment

• On Monday the original Pizza Hut building is moving across campus from the SE side to the NE side near Eck Stadium. Saw it up on wheels last night on the way to the Volleyball match.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      One would think, unfortunately higher education is becoming its own echo chamber... by intentional design.
                      Hell, Bardo's name is almost like Voldemort's to some people on campus. I can't imagine what the Koch name represents to them.
                      The Assman

Comment

• The reason he is disliked by faculty is that he is trying to change the dynamics of a University that has been known as a nice university that has a very good fine arts and liberal arts programs. Most people hate change and Dr Bardo is changing the face of the university to one of a leading research center in Kansas. Some people feel that this will overshadow their areas of contribution and will have to play a smaller role in its future. This is why some of the faculty actually would like to see Dr Bardo fail at his expansion plans and increasing enrollment.

Comment

The reason he is disliked by faculty is that he is trying to change the dynamics of a University that has been known as a nice university that has a very good fine arts and liberal arts programs. Most people hate change and Dr Bardo is changing the face of the university to one of a leading research center in Kansas. Some people feel that this will overshadow their areas of contribution and will have to play a smaller role in its future. This is why some of the faculty actually would like to see Dr Bardo fail at his expansion plans and increasing enrollment.
                          Which is stupidly short sighted, because a stronger and more dynamic university will (or at least should) help the fine arts and liberal arts programs. Too many people think everything has to be either/or instead of AND.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• OK on the way out to the tailgate party tonight there is more steel going up just east of the new Starbucks and new signage Braeburn Square. I thought Braeburn Square was to be more closely located on Oliver rather than 21st street. Or is this another building of the innovative campus.

Comment

OK on the way out to the tailgate party tonight there is more steel going up just east of the new Starbucks and new signage Braeburn Square. I thought Braeburn Square was to be more closely located on Oliver rather than 21st street. Or is this another building of the innovative campus.
                              Two strip centers planned, with a lake between them. For whatever reason they are building the west half first, leaving the hard corner empty for the time being. Seems nonsensical, but meh... not my battle and money.

Comment

• We could start rumors that Bass Pro Shop or The Cheesecake Factory is coming to the Innovation Campus. Or the Bass CheeseProCake Kreme Factory-Fil-A Shop...
                                Last edited by ShockBand; September 25, 2017, 10:22 PM.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X