Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know back in the day the engineering students would decorate the clock on occasion. A friend that graduated from the USNA told me that one class assembled a jet aircraft one night on the parade field.
    Last edited by pogo; August 10, 2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Wichita State has its 1st parking garage.

Several things have changed with parking at Wichita State. Read more to find out what you need to know to be prepared for the fall semester.

Comment

• Can't wait for the salt when it's full every day and people still have to walk over 100 feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          A well run company always understands who butters their bread.
          They have bunch of custom themed trucks - including a K-State one as well. Might have a Beaker one too, but I can't say for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            They have bunch of custom themed trucks - including a K-State one as well. Might have a Beaker one too, but I can't say for sure.
            At least they are smart enough not to send the KU or KSU themed truck to pour some concrete at Wichita State.

Comment

At least they are smart enough not to send the KU or KSU themed truck to pour some concrete at Wichita State.
              Maybe the city should have hired them to paint the water tower!

Comment

• Take a rapid transit pod from WSU to Old Town? Maybe, someday

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Cowley College and Wichita State Sign a 2+2 Articulation Agreement in Engineering

According to the article this is the first of its kind in the State of Kansas.

Wichita State Provost and Senior VP Tony Vizzini said "It is a step forward and we look for more of these to occur."
                  Bout darn time a university steps up and does the right thing in this regard.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wichita State's new on-campus residence hall wows arriving students...

Comment

• Drove around campus this evening to see what was different. The intersection at 21st and Oliver will be great...when they finish it. It will really move traffic away from the university after school and games. The flats had students standing on their balconies and saw quite a few people playing volleyball. Also the throwing area for track by CKA was being used by a large group playing football. More activity on campus in the evening. More kids walking and riding bikes and skateboards. Looking more campus life. What is the new steel going up by the water tower? Oh, the new parking garage next the the RSC is awsome looking. If you haven't been by in a couple of years the core of the campus is all pedestian with traffic only on the perimeter except the road that goes from hillside and goes east past Cessna, the new freshman dorm and past Heskett and Eck . Looks so much different from when I went.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Looks so much different from when I went.
                        Same here but that has been the case for many, many years now. I was their when Yale street ran right through the campus just East of the CAC (now the RSC). Ablah Library was the most Northeast building on the campus (not that I spent much time there). Don't remember any campus artwork. No Miro Mural. Heck there wasn't even an Ulrich Museum of Art to hang it on. No original Pizza Hut. No Eck Stadium. No Wilkins Stadium. No Heskett Center, etc. etc. And just think of what 45 years has done for the majesty of the trees on campus.

Quite frankly the campus in those days was pretty nondescript and rather blah. Of course in those days I didn't pay to much attention to that kind of thing. Today's campus is great IMHO and it is getting better all the time. Enjoy walking the campus very much.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 24, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Same here but that has been the case for many, many years now. I was their when Yale street ran right through the campus just East of the CAC (now the RSC). Ablah Library was the most Northeast building on the campus (not that I spent much time there). Don't remember any campus artwork. No Miro Mural. Heck there wasn't even an Ulrich Museum of Art to hang it on. Nor original Pizza Hut. And just think of what 45 years has done for the majesty of the trees on campus.

Quite frankly the campus in those days was pretty nondescript and rather blah. Of course in those days I didn't pay to much attention to that kind of thing. Today's campus is great IMHO and it is getting better all the time. Enjoy walking the campus very much.
                          Here's how she looked in my day... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Here's how she looked in my day... :)

What a surprise. I didn't know dirt had been invented by then!
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              What a surprise. I didn't know dirt had been invented by then!

Comment

Same here but that has been the case for many, many years now. I was their when Yale street ran right through the campus just East of the CAC (now the RSC). Ablah Library was the most Northeast building on the campus (not that I spent much time there). Don't remember any campus artwork. No Miro Mural. Heck there wasn't even an Ulrich Museum of Art to hang it on. Nor original Pizza Hut. And just think of what 45 years has done for the majesty of the trees on campus.

I think the second year I was there they tore up Yale to make it a pedestrian mall to the East Side of campus. The ROTC building and security was on the farthest reaches of the east side. Some of the students would drive their cars up and down yale between classes thus the moniker "Hillside High" Glad that has changed for the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X