This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    People will probably make this out to be some referendum on administration at the university. It's clearly far from that. But still embarrassing.

It does look like it's in French (Université) too which is really disappointing.
    The work was done by the City of Wichita not the University.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
      Its gone viral and its not about KU grads.
      I will take this "publicity" any day over what KU and K-State are having to deal with.

Hope they catch this bastard. You don't wish something like that on your worst enemy.

Comment

• Looks like this glorious bit of free exposure was in fact brought to us by a subcontractor, according to the most recent article from the Eagle.

A firm called American Suncraft was responsible for painting the graphics on the water tower, after city crews finished the white body paint. The biggest conspiracy angle you can find is that American Suncraft is based in a suburb of Dayton, OH, home of the team we dispatched in the most recent NCAA tournament, which is pretty 'meh' on the conspiracy scale. Their website, and the company president's LinkedIn page, are both down.

Comment

• In spite of the minor spelling debacle, I appreciate the City of Wichita putting the WSU logos on the water tower. It will be a nice addition showing Shocker Nation pride on campus. Kudos to those at the City that came up with this idea and made it happen.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Looks like this glorious bit of free exposure was in fact brought to us by a subcontractor, according to the most recent article from the Eagle.

A firm called American Suncraft was responsible for painting the graphics on the water tower, after city crews finished the white body paint. The biggest conspiracy angle you can find is that American Suncraft is based in a suburb of Dayton, OH, home of the team we dispatched in the most recent NCAA tournament, which is pretty 'meh' on the conspiracy scale. Their website, and the company president's LinkedIn page, are both down.
            Here is the link to the Wichita Eagle article on "How it Happened".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              In spite of the minor spelling debacle, I appreciate the City of Wichita putting the WSU logos on the water tower. It will be a nice addition showing Shocker Nation pride on campus. Kudos to those at the City that came up with this idea and made it happen.
              Probably more like "kudos to those at the City who finally gave in to 5+ years of WSU begging them to kill the old logo on the water tower." That said: It looks great!
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• 16 foot high outdoor steel sculpture called "Shockers" coming in the Fall of 2018 or Spring 2019 to be located near the Duerksen Fina Arts Center.

A new outdoor sculpture at Wichita State University will honor one of WSU's strongest fine arts supporters, the late Joan S. Beren. The sculpture, to be called

Comment

• I wonder if this is legal?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    There's no way it is. I believe that font may be proprietary as well.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Cowley College and Wichita State Sign a 2+2 Articulation Agreement in Engineering

According to the article this is the first of its kind in the State of Kansas.

Wichita State Provost and Senior VP Tony Vizzini said "It is a step forward and we look for more of these to occur."
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 7, 2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Not only that, I think it's rather despicable for the Orpheum or whoever is spearheading the fundraiser to try and capitalize off something that was somewhat of a black eye for the university.

Comment

• Humans of Wichita remove Wichita Staty Universite T-Shirts and Mugs and will refund the money. I imagine they received a friendly reminder from Wichita State's attorney that they were perhaps infriging upon valid Wichita State trademarks.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 9, 2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• A well run company always understands who butters their bread.

Comment

• This whole mess, and people looking for a judgement about the University in it, reminds me of the "Mickey Mouse" clock on Morrison Hall. Except the clock definitely wasn't an error.

Comment

Working...
                                X