Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any security cameras nearby?

Comment

• Well obviously Shepard waited until the weekday news cycle to fan his kindling. If you don't think this situation was - at a minimum - hoped for in advance by the provocateur Shepard, then I have a bridge to sell you. You can bet he's sitting back strumming his fingers in delight at the success thus far of his scheme, like the Grinch in his cave.

The sooner that Shepard the Race Hustler's era at WSU is over the better. I'm sure there are a gaggle of poinsonous, corrupt, awful 501(c)(3) "charities" lining up around the block to hire him. Let's hope it is not one in Wichita, because he might be the single most intentionally divisive citizens we've ever seen. Can we gift him to Lawrence?

Comment

• What I take issue with is the fact that people who are defending Joesph as a victim (justifiably, or not) have effectively turned Paige into a victim with all the vile statements being spread about her. Remember, it is not her actions that are being called to questions. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and people were doing this to Joesph for something his parents might have done? I hate to say the the reactions on all sides wouldn't be the same.

I have absolutely zero problems with people defending Joesph if any wrong doing was done, but to try and ruin Paige's life for something that is absolutely out of her control is just sad. Responding to one horrible action (alleged, or real) with another horrible action seems like the exact opposite of the "When they go low, we go high" mantra.

I also find it irritating that some think that because she is white she is impervious to becoming a victim. Her whiteness didn't seem to prevent her from being moved to tears from all of this. If we want to have a racial debate and racial equality, people have to admit to themselves that the hatred is going and coming from all directions.

As for the people who want her to speak up right now and calling for her head because she isn't, they need to realize you don't speak publicly about an incident that is being investigated. If this all is some plot to get her removed because it is a conflict of interest to have your SBP being involved in an investigation that effects a student on campus, then that is some brilliant deception. I hope that this is not the case, just as I hope the accused accusations are not true.

I fear that this will all get worse, before it gets better. This seems to be domino that will start knocking down all the rest. The campus environment has be slowly becoming more and more toxic. It seems they won't stop until the entire pound is polluted.
        Last edited by Shock Top; May 8, 2017, 10:00 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• Yeah this whole thing is a hoax. Minutes after this function took place along with the alleged racial slur, they had the stand with shepherd hashtag going. It's all just too coordinated to be a natural occurrence. These miserable bastards are willing to ruin lives with lies to advance their agenda founded on lies.

It reminds me of the whole incident at Mizzou with their little BLM crowd where that Johnathan Butler got their president fired by saying he hit him with a car when he ran in front of it. I really hope students rally behind Paige, because there has to be pushback against this nonsense. I hope Paige's parents sue the **** out of this scumbag once they're vindicated. Shepherd is nothing more than a race hustler that stokes hostility for profit and advancement. Basically just an Al Sharpton ripoff. What an unoriginal POS.

Comment

• The VP who said he witness this was the same VP who said he has no idea a protest was going to happen in one of their meeting even though he was an admin to the protest event on Facebook. I believe it was something to this effect. If somebody has more light on this, please share and let me know if I am was off base.

I don't want to throw out accusations, but if he's lied on record before it would stand to reason he could do it again. I would love to be proven otherwise, but this situation is already so messy that nothing would be surprising.
            Last edited by Shock Top; May 9, 2017, 01:20 AM.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              The VP who said he witness this was the same VP who said he has no idea a protest was going to happen in one of their meeting even though he was an admin to the protest event on Facebook. I believe it was something to this effect. If somebody has more light on this, please share and let me know if I am was off base.

I don't want to throw out accusations, but if he's lied on record before it would stand to reason he could do it again. I would love to be proven otherwise, but this situation is already so messy that nothing would be surprising.
              Parents getting involved in their kids college experience probably isn't a good appearance

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Parents getting involved in their kids college experience probably isn't a good appearance
                True. To be fair, it not as if they randomly showed up on campus. This was an end-of-year banquet to celebrate both the end of one chapter and the start of another (their daughter's). It makes sense that they were there.

That being said, what happened afterwards (however major or not), doesn't make sense. Whether it escalated past the point of trying to stand up for their daughter remains to be proven, but they have embarrassed her and but her in the exact opposite position that they wanted.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  This is turning into a nightmare. Looks like the former SGA president is pressing chargers. Has the NAACP on his side.

I've read and watch the videos on the sunflower. What a joke in my opinion. Seems like he is out to ruin the university and several people's lives.

All in the name of #blacklivesmatter.

Student Body President Paige Hungate’s parents — who work at local high schools — are under criminal investigation for battery and anti-black, hate “fighting words” following an altercation at a student government banquet, according to police reports and multiple sources that attended the event. Rhatigan Student Center facilities workers contacted university police to report “an...

Joseph Shepard, former Wichita State Student Body President, will press charges against the parents of Student Body President Paige Hungate for an incident that occurred following a farewell speech Shepard delivered at the end-of-the-year Student Government banquet. Hungate’s parents, who each work at local high schools, are under criminal investigation for battery and anti-black, hate...

I don't condone using any racial slurs but this issue is two sided for sure.
                  Several years ago I had a customer who damaged my product and in the process, inconvenienced numerous other customers. Without trying to tally what it cost me in future business, he cost our company about $500 in damages and another $1000 or so in actual lost revenue.

In my business, this happens. It's unfortunate, but try as one might, knuckleheads will be knuckleheads.

Nevertheless, when we asked this person to leave, he threatened me, after a prolonged argument. Using a barrage of profanity, this young black male also dropped a few n bombs on me before he exclaimed "you better hope you don't run into me on the street or you're a dead mf'er".

Needless to say I was mildly perturbed, but I mostly shrugged it off to youthful stupidity.

That is until a couple of hours later when I received a call from local NAACP leader Jim Crump. He was very polite. Told me that the young man, who was a budding superstar in the rap field (according to Mr. Crump) was extremely remorseful and had apologized for his behavior (interestingly, being the person that should have gotten the apology, I never heard it) and wanted to let bygones be bygones and being as such, would like to come back to my establishment.

I laughed.

Mr. Crump became less amicable. When I informed him that A)He owed me $1500 B)he wasn't welcome back and C)I had contacted the WPD regarding the threat, he became belligerent.

His next words to me I will NEVER forget. "We'd like to reach an agreement here, but I'd hate for it to come out in the papers that (my business) was racist."

That is 100% first hand factual information from (at the time) the local leader of the NAACP.

They should be given ZERO credibility. They are a group of pathetic, blackmailing, manipulative liars that are out for their own self interest and contrary to their title, they retard any advancement of "colored people" by decades, if not centuries. They do an AWFUL disservice to the black population and it's criminal, but NOBODY will call them out.

I guess I did, but nobody that matters. You should listen to a fart before you listen to one of these scumbags.

If they told me the sun rose in the east, I'd challenge it.

That is all.

Comment

• My minister dealt with prostate cancer awhile back. He went somewhere by airplane for surgery or consultation or something. On one of his flights home, he found himself sitting next to Al Sharpton. Somehow, they started talking, and upon my minister mentioning his profession, Al Sharpton went on and on and on about some issue. Al was all about Al and had no interest in discussing anything about my minister's life.

Now, my minister is a moderate man...no flaming liberal or extreme conservative...pretty middle of the road. He was NOT impressed.

I mention this story because like my minister, I'm pretty much middle of the road as well. I despise certain actions of the extreme right but I'm also starting to feel the same way about the extreme left. This situation at WSU isn't helping my view of the extreme left.
                    Last edited by WuShock16; May 9, 2017, 04:31 PM.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Several years ago I had a customer who damaged my product and in the process, inconvenienced numerous other customers. Without trying to tally what it cost me in future business, he cost our company about $500 in damages and another $1000 or so in actual lost revenue.

In my business, this happens. It's unfortunate, but try as one might, knuckleheads will be knuckleheads.

Nevertheless, when we asked this person to leave, he threatened me, after a prolonged argument. Using a barrage of profanity, this young black male also dropped a few n bombs on me before he exclaimed "you better hope you don't run into me on the street or you're a dead mf'er".

Needless to say I was mildly perturbed, but I mostly shrugged it off to youthful stupidity.

That is until a couple of hours later when I received a call from local NAACP leader Jim Crump. He was very polite. Told me that the young man, who was a budding superstar in the rap field (according to Mr. Crump) was extremely remorseful and had apologized for his behavior (interestingly, being the person that should have gotten the apology, I never heard it) and wanted to let bygones be bygones and being as such, would like to come back to my establishment.

I laughed.

Mr. Crump became less amicable. When I informed him that A)He owed me $1500 B)he wasn't welcome back and C)I had contacted the WPD regarding the threat, he became belligerent.

His next words to me I will NEVER forget. "We'd like to reach an agreement here, but I'd hate for it to come out in the papers that (my business) was racist."

That is 100% first hand factual information from (at the time) the local leader of the NAACP.

They should be given ZERO credibility. They are a group of pathetic, blackmailing, manipulative liars that are out for their own self interest and contrary to their title, they retard any advancement of "colored people" by decades, if not centuries. They do an AWFUL disservice to the black population and it's criminal, but NOBODY will call them out.

I guess I did, but nobody that matters. You should listen to a fart before you listen to one of these scumbags.

If they told me the sun rose in the east, I'd challenge it.

That is all.
                      Nice, we're coming this weekend and will need to avail ourselves of the product you sell. Nice to know we can go batshit crazy! We get a bit out of hand at times! See ya Saturday!

Comment

• I have no negative first hand accounts of actions by the NAACP or other unaffiliated minorities. That said, the experiences that prompt media attention and comment by the NAACP, and those that draw action by BLM are not experiences that I have had or seen. It makes it difficult for me to sympathize or side with their agenda. Left leaning sociologists would tell me that it is due to my white fragility and/or to my white privilege. Based on these schools of thought, I am threatened by the possibility that other ethnicities might be correct or equally valid, or I might just not be capable of understanding what others are going through. I've read the theories and studied the articles, and the truth is that for whatever reason, I disagree with a victim mentality. If it is because of WF or WP, what have we learned? What is the ultimate realization that I must come to in order to better understand? Do minorities have black privledge or black fragility? Must they also come to some realization about their reality? If we can't see past our differences based on these concepts, what's the next step? I've not come across the answers to these questions.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Probably not the right place but this kind of thing isn't going to help the growth of WSU.

On the night of May 4th, at approximately the same time that Student Body President Emeritus Joseph Shepard was reportedly called a n*gger and his mother was reportedly assaulted, I gave a speech to some of Wichita State University’s biggest donors about how grateful I am for the opportunities I’ve had in college. While I...

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                            Probably not the right place but this kind of thing isn't going to help the growth of WSU.

http://thesunflower.com/17914/opinio...-kiah-duggins/
                            Aside from her completely illegitimate point, didn't she receive some big scholarship from WSU to go to WSU?

I'm unaware of what concrete benefits "non-marginalized" students receive that "marginalized" students do not. If someone can provide me with evidence of that claim, great, let's work together and solve it. But it's not.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If this is as big of a deal as Shepard and the race hustlers believe it to be, then apparently they need to break it to the greater Wichita media, because the latter is almost completely ignoring the story. Maybe the professionals understand the character of Shepard (or lack thereof), and recognize a drama fabrication when they see one.

Comment

• She succeed, not because she is or isn't black, but because she is a good student. It's sad she feels the need to justify anything other than being successful at WSU through her own hard work.

Sometimes, there are real issues that face people, but I think a big issue is people looking for problems to find a reason to justify something (if that makes sense). Sort of like "oh I failed, it must be because of this" or "I could try this, but I won't succeed because of that". People become victims to their own beliefs.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X