2024 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    SML with yet another world record and the incredibly likable Anna Cockrell beating Dutch great Femke Bol out for silver. Sydney is amazing. Her time over the hurdles would have been around 5th in the OPEN 400. Expect her to run in the 4X400 vs Bol in the anchor leg.

DId anyone see Duplantis get interviewed earlier today?

The Americans are DEEP trouble vs Serbia. They are down 76-63 going to the 4th. Steph Curry was acting like a clown early (he was hot for sure) but Serbia was matching his scorching start.
    Cut it to 5 with 7 min left.

Spo seems to be the main Xs and Os guy on the bench. And I'm not surprised one bit.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• TIE BALL GAME.

Putting Lebron on Jokic definitely has helped.

Comment

• Avramovic with one of the worst flops of all-time at the end there. Absolutely egregious and great that the ref didn't fall for that.

Comment

• Serbia was doing whatever they could to get Durant or a guard guarding Jokic at the end there. It was a decent strategy and worked a few times.

It is unreal how good LeBron still is at 39 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Based on the semis it seemed that Lyles had literally lost a step in between the 100M final and the 200M semifinal.

Also, Kenny's story is really cool.
            But didn't Lyles say after winning the 100 that the hard part was done? He was going to stroll into gold in the 200.

I have no sympathy when egomaniacs lose. It's what made Hocker's win in the 1500 so much sweeter.

Comment

• Grant Holloway!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Men's 4x100 --> Jamaican OUT, and China(!) won their heat?? I don't recognize this world anymore!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Men's 4x100 --> Jamaican OUT, and China(!) won their heat?? I don't recognize this world anymore!
                  You said China(!) but I think you meant China*

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

You said China(!) but I think you meant China*
                    Hahahaha

Comment

• Anna Hall is going to be awesome to follow in the heptathlon! Lets go Hall!!

Comment

• 4X400 heats were interesting this morning.

The US men started with the talented 16 year old and he absolutely IMPLODED under the pressure. He passed the stick after the first lap in dead last place and the Americans, needing to be in the top 3 to advance to finals, were in deep crap. Norman ran a fantastic leg to get us within striking distance but leg 3 really didn't do much to help and Bailey got the baton on the last lap with Botswana gone and hoping to get either GB or Japan to qualify. Bailey was patient and did manage to put away the Japanese runner coming home and get the US into the final. Whew. Probably see at least 2 if not 3 different runners tomorrow.

In the women's race, the real story was from the team from Ireland that finished strong and made the finals. Dey came end turd. One of the Irish runners is Phil Healy. Ireland also has a strong talented 400 finalist that didn't compete in the heat this morning. Swap her in and the Irish could threaten for a medal, even from the depths of hell.

Phil Healy anyone?
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; August 9, 2024, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• OMG they actually have Breaking (everyone else calls it break dancing) as an event and it's 1000 times worse than you imagined.

No baseball or softball...but break dancing is a sport.

St Peter is calling my name.

Comment

• I think they should reintroduce the dance marathon…that took mad endurance and strategy

Comment

• As the Americans waltz to the women's basketball gold, one wonders if any sane person on this planet is a fan of Britney Griner.

Seriously.....is there one person that is like "yeah, she seems like a nice person and good egg. Let's go!"?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                OMG they actually have Breaking (everyone else calls it break dancing) as an event and it's 1000 times worse than you imagined.

No baseball or softball...but break dancing is a sport.

St Peter is calling my name.
                                My wife has been looking forward to this for over a week.

Somebody saaaave meeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X