Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We didn't want any of the bad stuff. We didn't get it here. Good.

It was a swing and a miss as it usually is with Wichita weather personalities. With clouds and highs in the mid to upper 60s most of the day yesterday, I knew there was no chance locally. I knew Wichita had shields anyway, as was evidenced by the split in the small line and the reformation of the same east of Wichita. The clincher was the cancellation and closing of so many things at 1 o'clock yesterday (like buying 8 gallons of milk and 6 loafs of bread, snow shovels and ice melt for the impending winter storm heading our way). I knew we'd be lucky to just get some rain, which we didn't.

I wonder how many insurance notices went out to Wichita residents yesterday about the increase in insurance rates because of "name your storm here" that were followed up with "nevermind."

Comment

• I thought the precautions were prudent yesterday. It was set up to be a bad scene. Luckily, that didn't all come together around a super populous area, or really at all as much as it could have.

Think of it like buying insurance. You buy the insurance not so you can use it, but because buying the insurance means you won't need it.

One positive is that I know a lot of Wichita folks can now cross 'Clean Out Garage' off their TODO list.

Comment

• There were tornados and strong storms south, east, and north of us. If the system and ingredients had been set up about 100 miles further west, we might well have been in the thick of it. Both the category 4 and 5 zones produced tornados, just not in the exact ICT area. Glad we had that cloud cover all day yesterday, it probably made a difference in how much fuel the approaching storm could gather.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• A little of the video that Brandon has of Barnsdall. This is the guy I was following on Reed's channel.

Then there's the 8 minute version I just noticed.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            A little of the video that Brandon has of Barnsdall. This is the guy I was following on Reed's channel.

Then there's the 8 minute version I just noticed.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Photo gallery of Bartlesville damage courtesy of KJRH 2 News

Much less structural damage shown, outside of large trees and such landing on houses/cars. But there were a lot of large trees down or uprooted.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sunday looks to bring a pretty good chance of Tstorms

Day2.jpg

Comment

• Risk has been upgraded to Moderate risk. The greatest threat is straight-line winds (80+ mph) from Squaw line/bow echo line moving thru.
                    Day1.jpg

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Canceled grandson's baseball at Goddard

Comment

• I’m all for the weather coverage on Channel 12, but I’d like to see the PGA Championship golf leaderboard; just move the live weather coverage to the right a couple of inches. I do appreciate the split-screen coverage.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Canceled grandson's baseball at Goddard
                            That seems a little premature unless the game was a late-night game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That seems a little premature unless the game was a late-night game.
                              canceled at 4, finals at 7. I'm sure all teams had played 2 games, so no refund

Comment

• I know the system that went through Reno/Harvey was tornado warned at one point. Both counties were reporting power outages of 65%. Saw some storm chasers that went up to Newton and there looked to at least be some heavy tree damage. Large branches and at least one tree uprooted.

I walked out this morning to come to work to see a large ass branch leaning on my car. I did hear something that sounded odd last night during the storm. Must have been the branch creating a big ass dent above the rear, drivers side door.

Yard didn't seem too muddy, so I'm not sure we got a ton of rain at home, but we definitely had some good winds at times.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X