Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW

Reed says here he is targeting the Enid area as of now, but the projections for this system aren't pretty anywhere in this OKC to ICT area.

He did also mention a stretch between Pratt and Wellington could be where they end up.

Compared this system to the one in 2011 that was quite active.
    Last edited by SubGod22; May 6, 2024, 10:09 AM.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Historic analogs compare this setup most closely to the April 26,1991 outbreak. Things seem to be pointing towards that although the cloud cover could be the last thing stopping anything major from happening. If the clouds break by noon, things will get serious.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        FWIW

He did also mention a stretch between Pratt and Wellington could be where they end up.

Compared this system to the one in 2011 that was quite active.
        Well, alrighty then

Comment

• Valley Center just canceled school and are letting out early.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Historic analogs compare this setup most closely to the April 26,1991 outbreak. Things seem to be pointing towards that although the cloud cover could be the last thing stopping anything major from happening. If the clouds break by noon, things will get serious.
            If I remember correctly with the 1991, it was similar conditions. Dreary all day and then the clouds broke late in the afternoon and storms exploded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Valley Center just canceled school and are letting out early.
              Ark City closing at 145
              Circle closing at 2
              Udall closing at 2
              Valley Center closing at 130 for HS and MS. Elementaries at 230
              Wichita has cancelled all after school activities.

I don't know where exactly Fairfield, Kiowa, Haviland, Lincoln or Macksville are, but they're all closing between 1 and 2 as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more. But guarantee every afternoon/evening activity is cancelled today.

KAKE will have a continuing list of updates I'm sure.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't know where exactly Fairfield, Kiowa, Haviland, Lincoln or Macksville are, but they're all closing between 1 and 2 as well.
                .[/url]
                Fairfield west of Hutch. Kiowa west of Medicine. Haviland west of Pratt. Macksville west of Haviland. Lincoln in Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Fairfield west of Hutch. Kiowa west of Medicine. Haviland west of Pratt. Macksville west of Haviland. Lincoln in Nebraska.
                  The Lincoln here is about 25 miles west of Salina and a bit north of I-70.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Correct it to "Current Level" and "Late Afternoon Level"

image.png
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Work has just let us know that they would like everyone to be out of the office by 4. Fun times
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Historic analogs compare this setup most closely to the April 26,1991 outbreak. Things seem to be pointing towards that although the cloud cover could be the last thing stopping anything major from happening. If the clouds break by noon, things will get serious.
                        Any idea the timeframe for potential outbreak?

Like 4pm until ??
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• My office is releasing people now

Comment

• PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) Tornado Watch is about to be issued for Oklahoma and SW/SC Kansas. I think Wichita will be in it.

Comment

• They've postponed Coach B's radio show to tomorrow evening.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If I remember correctly with the 1991, it was similar conditions. Dreary all day and then the clouds broke late in the afternoon and storms exploded.
                                It was definitely dreary in the morning but the clouds broke late morning and it got warm, very warm.

Theres risk here and severe storms are still gonna happen but I think the big tornado potential is in Oklahoma where the clouds are breaking quicker.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X