Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Let us see what 2024 brings the South Central Kansas.

*crickets*
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There is a cold front anywhere we shoot a basketball. Good place to start

Comment

Potential big winter storm (blizzard) starting to be discussed for next Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
          Potential big winter storm (blizzard) starting to be discussed for next Monday!
          from todays Wichita NWS forecast discussion

Attention turns to the subsequent system at the start of next week as it ejects east into the Plains. Potential for a significant system remains possible based on deterministic and ensemble models. There is some variability in the specifics, but ensembles continue to suggest anomalous moisture. The Weather Prediction Center has expanded their Winter Weather Outlook for Monday into early Tuesday with a higher likelihood across Kansas. This definitely a system to watch for an impactful winter event especially given the potential indicated by the ensembles.

Comment

Potential for a significant system remains possible based on deterministic and ensemble models.

It's no wonder why weather predictions constantly fail, if we are relying on a group of good looking but serious musicians for forecasts!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's no wonder why weather predictions constantly fail, if we are relying on a group of good looking but serious musicians for forecasts!
              ”This one time at band camp…”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Snowmageddon, Part Deux.

Comment

Last time we had a bit over ten inches. I know cause I went out a measured it myself..........naked.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Last time we had a bit over ten inches. I know cause I went out a measured it myself..........naked.
                    I thought you were taller than that?

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Everything I've though I read has been focused on Monday. I just read on KAKE that they're expecting good snowfall beginning tonight and that KDOT is cautioning of longer commutes in the morning (1 hour).

I either need to do a better job reading or just pay more attention. If it does indeed start snowing tonight I'd have been one very surprised commuter in the morning.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Everything I've though I read has been focused on Monday.
                          If it does indeed start snowing tonight I'd have been one very surprised commuter in the morning.
                          Same.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Everything I've though I read has been focused on Monday. I just read on KAKE that they're expecting good snowfall beginning tonight and that KDOT is cautioning of longer commutes in the morning (1 hour).

I either need to do a better job reading or just pay more attention. If it does indeed start snowing tonight I'd have been one very surprised commuter in the morning.
                            NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory so you shouldn't be surprised too much. All the media headlines I have seen are focused on tonight/tomorrow morning snow event from what I have seen.

Nobody is hyping this storm because there is high bust potential for the Wichita area. Temperature does not look to be dropping below 32. So it looks to be wet, slushy snow where in SC Kansas may range mostly at the 1-2 inches on average, with some areas getting nothing, while others might get as much as 4-6 inches.

Now the Monday/Tuesday storm looks to have more potential, but the cold air doesn't seem to be in place for that storm either.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory so you shouldn't be surprised too much. All the media headlines I have seen are focused on tonight/tomorrow morning snow event from what I have seen.

Nobody is hyping this storm because there is high bust potential for the Wichita area. Temperature does not look to be dropping below 32. So it looks to be wet, slushy snow where in SC Kansas may range mostly at the 1-2 inches on average, with some areas getting nothing, while others might get as much as 4-6 inches.

Now the Monday/Tuesday storm looks to have more potential, but the cold air doesn't seem to be in place for that storm either.
                              If that advisory doesn't pop up on my phone I'm generally not going to know about it. I haven't seen anything through my weather app.

All media headlines about winter weather over the past week that I've seen have been focused on Monday.

Had I not overheard co-workers discussing the potential impact that weather could have on jobs throughout the state tomorrow, I still may be in the dark about tomorrows potential.

I know Kung Wu is oblivious to a lot of things, but at least I'm not the only one that was surprised by the talk of tomorrows weather.

Temps appear to be hovering around 32 tomorrow from what I'm seeing so it could go either way. Regardless of how it goes, it's going to be shitty.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X