Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    If we want to define "irresponsible", I can present a dozen Tweets or more that are insanely stupid in comparison.

There are going to be some really sad reports out of southwest Oklahoma today. Hopefully the damage was confined to rural areas. There was a counterclockwise tornado (so far I've only seen the radar signature proof, hopefully there is more) in those storms which is so rare it's not even funny.
    This current weather pattern has definitely increased my anxiety level…

Last edited by WstateU; 2 weeks ago.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There was a counterclockwise tornado (so far I've only seen the radar signature proof, hopefully there is more) in those storms which is so rare it's not even funny.
      Is that really thing? I wouldn't have even thought that was possible?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is that really thing? I wouldn't have even thought that was possible?
        I mistyped. Anticyclonic is what radar observed. It IS typical for tornados to be counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere (and clockwise in the southern) however, last night in Oklahoma, there was radar evidence of anticyclonic (or here, clockwise rotation) tornados.

Incredible tornadoes spinning the wrong way! In this video, we’re going to showcase and explain these sneaky, anticyclonic freaks of nature and their common...

(Full disclosure, I am nowhere near the weather expert others are here....if I've said something wrong, feel free to correct)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Rough language, but…

Comment

I mistyped. Anticyclonic is what radar observed. It IS typical for tornados to be counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere (and clockwise in the southern) however, last night in Oklahoma, there was radar evidence of anticyclonic (or here, clockwise rotation) tornados.

Incredible tornadoes spinning the wrong way! In this video, we’re going to showcase and explain these sneaky, anticyclonic freaks of nature and their common...

(Full disclosure, I am nowhere near the weather expert others are here....if I've said something wrong, feel free to correct)
              Holy crap. I have flushed my toilet at least 10,000 times and I have NEVER seen it run backwards. Then again, maybe I haven't paid enough attention!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Monday is a day to keep an eye on and see how things evolve. From the Wichita NWS

The EPS/GEFS continue to advertise a vigorous upper jet nosing into Kansas late
                Monday where high quality moisture is progged in the warm sector. It
                is looking like a synoptically evident event unfolding where
                significant severe weather may unfold including supercells with very
                large hail, damaging winds and tornadoes.

Comment

• We had an inch !!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Monday is a day to keep an eye on and see how things evolve. From the Wichita NWS

Day 3.jpg

This is 30% w/Significant Severe, depending on tornado probability is maybe a Moderate Risk on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      We had an inch !!
                      Not even worth a “that’s what she said”, but better than nuttin.

Comment

• Moderate risk in SC Kansas, including Wichita for Monday afternoon and evening. This is something worth paying attention to see how it eveloves. I expect the risk area will move some. Day2.jpg

Comment

• The first Day 1 outlook. SPC has enlarged the Moderate area. It is possible (for at least OK) that this may be upgraded to High Risk due to tornadoes later in the day if they get more confidence on location and the tornado risk increases. Not everybody is going to get a high-end storm, but if there is a discrete supercell heading your way, be prepared, as it will probably go tornadic. The best thing to happen is a line of storms develop and a good chunk of Kansas gets rain.

Day1a.jpg

The 4PM to 8PM time frame across south central Kansas into Oklahoma
                          looks like the window when things could be at peak severity(most
                          favorable area for a Severe Weather Outbreak to occur). Any
                          discrete supercell in this environment would be capable of
                          producing very damaging winds up to 80mph, giant hail up to
                          softball size, and strong potentially longer-track tornadoes.

Comment

• They are upgrading to high risk.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Where's Reed chasing today?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Graphic for high risk. High risk happens like once or twice a year.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X