Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welfare check. Everyone good? I heard there was a little snow on the road.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Snowmageddon 2024
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Saw lots of folks stocking up on milk and bread and other essentials. Parking lots pretty full. Managed to get the last case of Blue Moon and damn near had to take out a little old lady but I was able to wrestle it away from her when she hesitated.

Comment

This was my extra loaf of bread.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Welfare check. Everyone good? I heard there was a little snow on the road.
            We have a little snow, while you have a (very) little sunlight (well maybe 5 hrs. or so less)
            Last edited by Shockm; January 10, 2024, 10:31 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

The next ten days is gonna ****ing suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We have a little snow, while you have a (very) little sunlight (well maybe 5 hrs. or so less)
                It’s light from about 9 to 4:30.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s light from about 9 to 4:30.
                  This is where I got my information. 10:04-4:09

Calculations of sunrise and sunset in Anchorage – Alaska – USA for January 2024. Generic astronomy calculator to calculate times for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset for many cities, with daylight saving time and time zones taken in account.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is where I got my information. 10:04-4:09

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/anchorage?month=1
                    Dawn and dusk are realllllly long, so most go by usable light, especially when the sun never gets high enough to clear the mountains for some people. Sun comes up in the south east and sets in the south west. Travels maybe 100° right now, like being in hutch and watching the sun come up over Leon and set over Cheney.

Comment

I have a cousin that lives in Alaska and she describes coming home from the grocery store during a snow event and had her arms full of groceries and her husky started growling. A moose appeared between her and the door she was heading towards. The dog stayed between her and the moose while she circled around to the door. She later told me that because they are so unpredictable that she feared that encounter the most. It would make me nervous to live somewhere where I'm not at the pinnacle of the food chain but she and her family would live no where else.

Comment

Hailin in Goddard!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Its REALLY hailin!!

Comment

Grape sized. But dense.

Comment

It's over.

Comment

It's something to watch and see how it evolves. It's a pretty strong signal to be highlighted this far out (Day 7). Hopefully, we will at least get some measurable rain out of it - or we may be talking about the Severe Drought this summer instead of Severe Weather.

Day 7.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X