Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How do I not know of this movie? I'll look it up!
    Ok…..

1) I’m old, I’m not that old.

2) You’re not that young.

3) There is no Airplane without Airport. Airplane is the spoof.

4) Airport is absolutely spectacular.

5) You have to watch with an eye on the past and how undeveloped society and air travel were in 1970. Don’t allow yourself to compare to present day the first time through…..admittedly easier said than done.

Comment

As a child, the insurance counters, insurance vending machines (Guerrero would have hammered that) open airports, ashtrays on the armrests……and watching the planes take off and land, after lunch delivered by train at Casey Jones Junction….did not get any better.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Ok…..

1) I’m old, I’m not that old.

2) You’re not that young.

3) There is no Airplane without Airport. Airplane is the spoof.

4) Airport is absolutely spectacular.

5) You have to watch with an eye on the past and how undeveloped society and air travel were in 1970. Don’t allow yourself to compare to present day the first time through…..admittedly easier said than done.
        My dad was an airline executive and pilot so I grew up flying on every type of commuter plane known to man in the 70s. Very familiar, hahaha.

Still not sure how I don't recognize the movie but I will watch it. I watched Airplane maybe 100 times once it came on HBO or Skinemax. Weird!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My dad was an airline executive and pilot so I grew up flying on every type of commuter plane known to man in the 70s. Very familiar, hahaha.

Still not sure how I don't recognize the movie but I will watch it. I watched Airplane maybe 100 times once it came on HBO or Skinemax. Weird!
          Given that background, I am convinced you are going to enjoy the history behind this cinematic brilliance.

Comment

Dean Martin is one of my all time favorite entertainers. Never knew he was in Airport. I'd heard of it but never seen it. Doesn't seem to be streaming for free anywhere but I may just have to rent it on Prime this weekend
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Day 3 outlook

Day 3.jpg

Day3b.jpg

Comment

Day 2 outlook for Monday. It is a complex situation with many caveats. The good news is that the timing of various factors seems to be off for having a high-end event for Wichita (and much of Kansas).

Watch the dryline and its strength. If storms fire off it on Monday between 4 and 6 p.m., they could have monster hail. If storms fire in your area after midnight, the risk is high winds and small hail. Hopefully, we will get some measurable rain, but that is not even a given.

Day2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Day 2 outlook for Monday. It is a complex situation with many caveats. The good news is that the timing of various factors seems to be off for having a high-end event for Wichita (and much of Kansas).

Watch the dryline and its strength. If storms fire off it on Monday between 4 and 6 p.m., they could have monster hail. If storms fire in your area after midnight, the risk is high winds and small hail. Hopefully, we will get some measurable rain, but that is not even a given.

Day2.jpg

Comment

Comment

• Updated outlook

Day2b.jpg

Comment

• Today outlook. They have no confidence that storms will fire along the Dryline today. If they do they will be severe. Main action will be overnight in northern Kansas and Nebraska.

IMG_0164.jpg

Comment

• Wellllll?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Wellllll?????
                            e1d4cf268d205ff30a492a50e5e3b7cdb4f08be8694075bffeb1b7be50b8fc62.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Wellllll?????
                              Top-end storm potential also means high bust potential. But as they have been saying, this will be a nocturnal event, so the main event will probably be after midnight. They issued a tornado watch to the west, where nothing is going on because storms would likely go severe quickly if they did go up.

The worst thing is if (and that is big if) we get storms tonight, it will be in the early morning hours, and there will still be tornado potential. I would just like about 0.5" of rain.

torn.jpg

Comment

• not a drop

Comment

Working...
                                X