Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the updated Outlook for Day 4 from the SPC. It still shows the possibility of a higher-type event, but there is uncertainty yet with this storm.

Day 4.jpg

Here is the outlook from CIPS Analog (it looks at the past historical setup and calculates probabilities).

Day 4 CIPS Analog.jpg

The GFS model doesn't like this storm for Wichita as it continues to push it east of the turnpike. However, the medium- and short-range models will have a vote soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

5 you say?

Well the terasphere is reflecting optical doppler refractions at least 5 minutes and 30 seconds west of 43rd latitude. Take that with a grain of salt however, because prevailing winds can put my calcs off by an avacado.
      Are you doing a weather related Mad LIb?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

5 you say?

Well the terasphere is reflecting optical doppler refractions at least 5 minutes and 30 seconds west of 43rd latitude. Take that with a grain of salt however, because prevailing winds can put my calcs off by an avacado.
        image.png
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Are you doing a weather related Mad LIb?
          Don't feel bad, when I used to not understand advanced weather jargon I was the guy walking in your shoes.

For example, in the GFS model that SB Shock is referring to a couple posts above, the S means "Somebody". In the GFY model it's "Yourself".

Hang in there, it will all start making sense soon.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'll tell you, son. Due to a setsel wind, DISTOR's vectored us into ​a 360 tunsus of slower traffic. Now, we'll maintain this borton hold until we get a fortamagnus clearance from Malnaks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              The brilliance of Bill Watterson can never be overstated. Calvin and Hobbes are timeless in so many ways.

Comment

Or the old tried and true method:

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I'll tell you, son. Due to a setsel wind, DISTOR's vectored us into ​a 360 tunsus of slower traffic. Now, we'll maintain this borton hold until we get a fortamagnus clearance from Malnaks.

Sounds like a clip from the movie Airplane, but I don't recognize it. Reminds me of the jive talkin' scene though. Sheeit. (Golly!)

Comment

Well let me enlighten you people! This baby has satellite comlink. We've got on-board pulse Doppler, we've got NEXRAD real time. Today, we're gonna make history. So stick around. Cuz' the days of sniffin' the dirt are over.

Comment

Wichita NWS thoughts

nws.jpg

Comment

Sounds like a clip from the movie Airplane, but I don't recognize it. Reminds me of the jive talkin' scene though. Sheeit. (Golly!)
                        SOOOOOO close.

Not Airplane. But the real version. Airport.

Dean Martin fooling a kid who noticed the plane had turned around. Nice and slow. Didn't want to alert Guerrero.

Fantastic movie. Only Dean Martin could almost thwart a bomber, pull a ruse with Helen Hayes, land a damaged 707 and all while banging Jaqueline Bisset, sipping on bourbon and firing up heaters one after the other.

Also George Kennedy's best work.

"Like it or not, she's gonna get it!"

God I love that movie.

Comment

SOOOOOO close.

Dean Martin fooling a kid who noticed the plane had turned around. Nice and slow. Didn't want to alert Guerrero.

Fantastic movie. Only Dean Martin could almost thwart a bomber, pull a ruse with Helen Hayes, land a damaged 707 and all while banging Jaqueline Bisset, sipping on bourbon and firing up heaters one after the other.

God I love that movie.
                          How do I not know of this movie? I'll look it up!

Comment

Was the first of the "disaster movies"

Comment

SOOOOOO close.

God I love that movie.

dramatic pause

Comment

For our younger readers. Jacqueline Bisset.

Comment

Working...
                                X