Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Obviously, they are. I am more pessimistic. But I thought the Shox would win tonight, so my magic 8 ball is evidently broken so I probably will be wrong about the snow.
    I measured 3" of snow at my place.

Now we see how Monday progresses. It should carry more of energy, but the Snow maybe more NW and N of Wichita.

Comment

Anyone been out and about today? How are the roads?

Comment

Main roads no problem. Slushy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Anyone been out and about today? How are the roads?
          They were bad during the morning commute because they were not running the snow plows. Once they ran the snow plows, the main roads are cleaning up nicely (just wet). Side streets, depending on the traffic, are starting to clear up also.

Comment

They were bad during the morning commute because they were not running the snow plows. Once they ran the snow plows, the main roads are cleaning up nicely (just wet). Side streets, depending on the traffic, are starting to clear up also.
            I was amazed at the lack of effort put forth this morning to even attempt to clear roads for the morning commute. It's like the plows are being run by the WSU basketball program. They only work when there's no resistance.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Did I hear they named all the city plow trucks? (One is Clearapatha?)

Rock was all but clear pretty early. Getting around seemed pretty easy except on the side residential streets where there just isn't much that is ever going to be done.

Pretty harmless for the most part, although over night could bring an element of danger if temps drop much below the expected 29. But a week from today and that 29 will seem balmy with the temp not forecasted to be above 20 for at least 3 days, starting Thursday.

Comment

Had about 4" south of town. No need to measure, just kinda Donnie Baker'd it

Comment

Here is the info graphic for the next storm, more to come.

NWS1.jpg

Comment

The latest model runs show the storm rolling through Monday as a non-event for SC Kansas and the Wichita area. It looking to be a rain event at the moment.

Comment

The latest model runs show the storm rolling through Monday as a non-event for SC Kansas and the Wichita area. It looking to be a rain event at the moment.
                      They shifted the reach of the snow further south, with the brunt still in western and northern Kansas with Nebraska in the bull's eye.

NWS2.jpg

Comment

Winter storm watch is North of Newton (McPherson/GreatBend/Salina/Emporia areas)

NWS3.jpg

Comment

Hutchinson Livestock Auction next Tuesday just cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Hutchinson Livestock Auction next Tuesday just cancelled.
                            Damn it!

Comment

NWS4.jpg

Monday - looks like a rain event for the morning and evening commute.

Tuesday morning commute could be dicey just because there could be significant wind with the 1-4 inches the area might be getting as the storm passes through.

Comment

Winter weather advisory for the Wichita area is from 6pm Monday to 12pm Tuesday.

WHAT...Snow and blowing snow expected with total snow accumulations 1 to 3 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

WHEN...From 6 PM Monday to noon CST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Hazardous travel conditions are expected due to blowing snow significantly reducing visibility and making roads slippery. The hazardous conditions could impact Tuesday morning commute. Gusty winds could bring down small tree branches.
                                NWS5.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X