World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Talk about a score not reflecting the match. You'd think Poland just dominated Saudi Arabia from looking at the score ... but that just wasn't the case at all. Their first goal was quality, but I imagine that Poland lost in every statistical category that matters .. other than the only one that truly counts. Weird outcome.
    Very true. Mexico will have their hands full next Wednesday.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Let's try this again ...

Messi! Messi! Messi!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Messi!!!

Comment

• Who has two thumbs and would love it if Mexico didn't make it to the Round of 16?

Comment

• Always a joy to see ‘I’ll Try’ lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              We win and we top the group if we make up a +4 goal differential and England draw to Wales. If England lose to Wales and we win, we also top the group.

There’s only one thing left to do…
              Does the Wales goalie have to sit out vs England?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Does the Wales goalie have to sit out vs England?
                Yes.

Comment

• Morocco!

Comment

• Am I seeing correctly that the Wales v England and US v Iran games are at the same time on Tuesday?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Morocco!
                      And Costa Rica! WTH??

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Am I seeing correctly that the Wales v England and US v Iran games are at the same time on Tuesday?
                        Yes, final group stage matches are always concurrent to lesson any advantage gained by playing later (i.e. knowing exactly what you need to do to advance).

Comment

• OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Canada!

Comment

• All of a sudden, CONCACAF has gone from an extremely pedestrian beginning (no wins, 3 draws and 3 losses including the worst beating in this Cup) to perhaps advancing all four teams into the round of 16.

Yes that's a stretch (Mexico would need to win by 4 goals or have Poland beat Argentina, the US just needs to beat Iran, Costa Rica likely advances with a win and possibly with a tie and if Canada holds vs Croatia they would be in a position to advance with a win and possibly with a tie).

Comment

• I don't watch this, but is the World Cup like a World War, where we pay for everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                All of a sudden, CONCACAF has gone from an extremely pedestrian beginning (no wins, 3 draws and 3 losses including the worst beating in this Cup) to perhaps advancing all four teams into the round of 16.

Yes that's a stretch (Mexico would need to win by 4 goals or have Poland beat Argentina, the US just needs to beat Iran, Costa Rica likely advances with a win and possibly with a tie and if Canada holds vs Croatia they would be in a position to advance with a win and possibly with a tie).
                                This did NOT age well.

Comment

Working...
                                X