NFL 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Chiefs fans are largely insufferable of late (not all, but a lot). Bengals got the short end of the stick in the playoffs (going back to the cancelled game) but had plenty of chances to win Sunday, and probably should have won. Chiefs got them for the 1st time in the last 4. Chiefs are outstanding and might be for some time. Pretty sure Joey isn't taking a back seat to anyone and if Cincy can shore up the O line (and they were getting really good before injuries decimated them late) AND the front office will spend the money, Cincy is probably the team to beat for the next few years.

I have no idea WTF the Cincy mayor was doing besides embarrassing himself. I've never understood crap like that. Travis Kelce is one of the top 20 biggest asses in the league but at least he plays.
    My Take Doc, (FWIW which is nothing)

Buffalo was the only team to get an advantage from the cancelled game. The NFL should have just gone with the present rules and used percentages for seeding purposes.

Injuries are a part of the game. Important Chiefs were in and out with injuries the entire year. No one was felt sorry for Mahomes hurting his ankle, and while he played a good game, when he was down to using rookie and Kemp at Wide Receiver in the final half, if he had his legs, imo, Mahomes would have scrambled much more, and put the team on his back, more than he did.

Burrow is really good, but Your final comment will change when Burrow gets to the end of his Rookie contract. They have a lot more money to spend right now because of his low yearly contract, that they can spend other places. Same with Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins, New England, etc. The Chiefs are a team who has to continue to pay Mahomes. That's why they couldn't afford to pay Tyreke when his contract (all WR) blew up.

The media has been egging on Cincinnati players, fans, and their Mayor before the game. And they bit on it hook, line, and sinker. The Chiefs for the most part held their tongues (until after the game). Burrow and Mahomes are "Stars" who hold their tongues

Kelce takes less money to stay in KC. He's much better than 8-10 years ago as a Rookie (regarding doing dumb things on the field and putting his team in jeopardy). He occasionally still acts a little cocky, and he definitely has Mahomes and the Chiefs back. Kelce is from Cincinnati and was a Bearcat (I don't know his feeling regarding the Bengals) so there may be a history this past week.

The Cincinnati Mayor, and players (Burrowhead, etc all week) did a lot of trash talking prior to the game, and the media ate it up. Burrow acts like one cocky dude (Cigars, etc.), but he rarely steps over a boundary, and after the loss, he was gracious. The Chiefs players mostly held their tongue, and Mahomes always shows "respect" for the other team and players. At least, I've never seen him step over a boundary, and the media gives him an unlimited platform.

Comment

• I'm in the middle of the show, but this is fantastic. Pretty sure you don't even have to be a fan of the Chiefs or Eagles to enjoy this show in general, but this one with both of their parents is just great.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Doing a Mahomes impression is insanely difficult. This guy nails it.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Rihanna looks like Cindy Lue Who from Whoville
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!
            Go Shocks!

Comment

• MVPat II doing MVPat things when it was most needed.

What a game.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It really is insane how Chiefs fans who are 10 or younger have never known a world where the Chiefs are bad, and have really never known a world where the Chiefs didn't make the playoffs.

I miss Wichita, but it's damn fun being in the KC area for this era. Only downside is dealing with fans who jump on the bandwagon and don't know a lick about football.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It's been a magical 5 years since PM became the starter for the Chiefs.

3 Super Bowls, 2 Lombardi Trophies, 3 Lamar Hunt Trophies, Several MVP's in 5 years.

But just think, they were just one play away from another Lamar Hunt Trophy, another Super Bowl, and possibly a 4th Super Bowl Win. All if Dee Ford hadn't been lined up with his hand across the LOS in the final play of Mahomes first year as a starter. Ford wasn't even a factor in the play, but he was lined up off sides.

3 Super Bowl Wins and 4 Super Bowls would have put Mahomes above anyone before for their first 5 years as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      It really is insane how Chiefs fans who are 10 or younger have never known a world where the Chiefs are bad, and have really never known a world where the Chiefs didn't make the playoffs.

I miss Wichita, but it's damn fun being in the KC area for this era. Only downside is dealing with fans who jump on the bandwagon and don't know a lick about football.
                      I was too young to fully feel the effect of the 80s. I grew up in the 90s where we generally felt we had a chance most every year, even though nothing ever came from it. But a lot of good, fun teams that just couldn't get over the hump. Had it not been for the Montana concussion in Buffalo, maybe we could have gotten one.

But I also fully remember the days where fans were hiring planes to fly over the facilities with messages of firing the GM and getting rid of the starting QB. I remember around that time telling friends that I had more faith in the Royals winning a World Series before the Chiefs win a Super Bowl because it seemed like the Chiefs weren't even trying for a stretch while the Royals seemed to always have some exciting young prospects and they were trying to build something. I ended up being right. But the Chiefs did make a change and things have been great ever since Big Red and Veach came to town.

There have been some ups and downs but I think there are a number of older Chiefs fans who had fallen into the belief that we may never see a championship team at Arrowhead.

Leadership matters.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I was too young to fully feel the effect of the 80s. I grew up in the 90s where we generally felt we had a chance most every year, even though nothing ever came from it. But a lot of good, fun teams that just couldn't get over the hump. Had it not been for the Montana concussion in Buffalo, maybe we could have gotten one.

But I also fully remember the days where fans were hiring planes to fly over the facilities with messages of firing the GM and getting rid of the starting QB. I remember around that time telling friends that I had more faith in the Royals winning a World Series before the Chiefs win a Super Bowl because it seemed like the Chiefs weren't even trying for a stretch while the Royals seemed to always have some exciting young prospects and they were trying to build something. I ended up being right. But the Chiefs did make a change and things have been great ever since Big Red and Veach came to town.

There have been some ups and downs but I think there are a number of older Chiefs fans who had fallen into the belief that we may never see a championship team at Arrowhead.

Leadership matters.
                        Mahomes is the first, high quality, in his prime quarterback since Len Dawson. To me, that, more than anything is the reason the Chiefs "fell short" in the past. Love me some Dawson, Arbanas, Tyrer, Buchanan, Culp, Bell, Holub, Taylor, Robinson, Stenerud.

Comment

• No doubt, but I did love me some Steve DeBerg and remember his commitment to handing the ball off to Okoye with the hand that was wrapped to protect the freaking pin in the end of his finger.

But back then, we also had top defenses that you'd hope could overcome the lack of an elite QB. It's not unheard of. And we've had some good QBs, just hadn't been able to get over the hump.

There were some bad QBs as well, but DeBerg, Green and Smith gave you enough to have a chance, but they weren't necessarily the guys that you could ride to go win you the games.

But as long as Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring, it just proves that top defenses can be more important and then all you need is a QB that won't make a bunch of major mistakes. Hell, top defenses is why the "GOAT" Tom Brady has seven rings. Not that he's Dilfer level, but a top D makes things a lot easier than not having one.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Somebody said Rihanna was pregnant. Makes sense. She was probably starting to deliver and was havin to keep pushin it back in wif her hand..........

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Leadership matters.
                              Prior to Mahomes era, a Chiefs friend of mine swore that there had to have been a sign at Chiefs HQ that stated "Be good enough to sell tickets."
                              78-65

Comment

• Kinda cool…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X