NFL 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    It's been a magical 5 years since PM became the starter for the Chiefs.

3 Super Bowls, 2 Lombardi Trophies, 3 Lamar Hunt Trophies, Several MVP's in 5 years.

But just think, they were just one play away from another Lamar Hunt Trophy, another Super Bowl, and possibly a 4th Super Bowl Win. All if Dee Ford hadn't been lined up with his hand across the LOS in the final play of Mahomes first year as a starter. Ford wasn't even a factor in the play, but he was lined up off sides.

3 Super Bowl Wins and 4 Super Bowls would have put Mahomes above anyone before for their first 5 years as a starter.
    I was too young to remember the Super Bowl IV era, but started watching as a wee lad when the Chiefs SUCKED in the 70s. Three years ago I posted on FB "I've literally waited my whole life for this!" Now with this one, along with other stuff, I posted:

These ARE the glory years! Enjoy the ride, it may never come again.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I have been a Chief's fan since the Christmas Day double overtime loss to the Dolphins in 1971. I have seen some dark times as a fan. Some really dark, some where we just weren't quite good enough to get over the hump. I had season tickets through the Vermeil era. Those were fun teams, good teams,but just not good enough. These are the glory days of the Chiefs. As long as Pat Mahomes is our QB we have a chance. I would have never believed that we would have won two Super Bowls in 4 years in my lifetime. I am enjoying the ride!
      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I was too young to remember the Super Bowl IV era, but started watching as a wee lad when the Chiefs SUCKED in the 70s. Three years ago I posted on FB "I've literally waited my whole life for this!" Now with this one, along with other stuff, I posted:

These ARE the glory years! Enjoy the ride, it may never come again.
        I probably started paying attention around 1980. I remember names like Bill Kenney, Henry Marshall, Joe Delaney (RIP), Gary Spani, Deron Cherry, Bill Maas, Stephone Paige.

I know they weren't great in those years, but as a kid, you still idolized those guys and pretended to be them on the playground.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I probably started paying attention around 1980. I remember names like Bill Kenney, Henry Marshall, Joe Delaney (RIP), Gary Spani, Deron Cherry, Bill Maas, Stephone Paige.

I know they weren't great in those years, but as a kid, you still idolized those guys and pretended to be them on the playground.
          I remember watching Maas, Cherry, and Paige. Loved those guys.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here's a good video from the NFL with highlights from the game (pre,game,post) and with audio from players and play-by-play announcers as things happen:

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
              Here's a good video from the NFL with highlights from the game (pre,game,post) and with audio from players and play-by-play announcers as things happen:

I watched this yesterday. It was really well done.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Mahomes is the first, high quality, in his prime quarterback since Len Dawson. To me, that, more than anything is the reason the Chiefs "fell short" in the past. Love me some Dawson, Arbanas, Tyrer, Buchanan, Culp, Bell, Holub, Taylor, Robinson, Stenerud.
                Trent Green was pretty darn good ... had a Superbowl with another team didn't he? I thought the Trent Green + Tony Gonzalez situation was pretty special when it was a thing. Why didn't that ever pan out?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Trent Green was pretty darn good ... had a Superbowl with another team didn't he? I thought the Trent Green + Tony Gonzalez situation was pretty special when it was a thing. Why didn't that ever pan out?
                  Others here could answer that much better than I (football generally took a back seat to other sports, college and pro), but, in a nutshell, in Green's career, he was either injured, someone else important was injured, or he had to face Peyton Manning in the first game of the playoffs. The later didn't turn out well, just as it did for many teams and their QBs.

Comment

• Chiefs Kingdom ‘humbled' Eagles' Jason Kelce off the field (msn.com)

Prior to the Super Bowl, less than $10,000 had been donated to the charity. Since the game the donations started pouring in. Now more than 6,000 donations have been made, totaling nearly $150,000.

Jason Kelce wrote a special message for Chiefs Kingdom on Instagram.

“Chiefs Kingdom sure knows how to win with class, and I cannot thank you all enough for supporting the (Be)Philly Foundation’s mission here in Philadelphia,” Kelce wrote.

Kelce said the generosity and donations from Chiefs fans humbled him.

To learn more about (Be) Philly or to make a donation, go to bephilly.org/getinvolved.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Eric Bieniemy has agreed in principle on a multi-year deal that will make him assistant head coach/offensive coordinator. Bieniemy will call the plays in Washington, something Andy Reid did in Kansas City. He has interviewed for 16 head coaching positions with 15 different teams since 2019. Bieniemy, 53, now gets a chance to run the offense in Washington, out of the shadow of Reid and Patrick Mahomes, which maybe helps show NFL owners he is as good as his resume says he is.

Comment

• On the down side, it's Washington
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Panthers trade up to first overall pick, Bears get two firsts, (including this year's #8) two seconds, and D.J. Moore

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Panthers trade up to first overall pick, Bears get two firsts, (including this year's #8) two seconds, and D.J. Moore
                            Bears got a nice haul.
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

• This player is 6'1 (DE/DT) and 280 and ran a 4.49 40 at the combine. He was thought as a 4th (maybe a 3rd) Round Draft Choice, before the Combine, but now some may view him as a 2nd Round (maybe a 1st) Draft Choice. Tomi Adebawore didn't begin to play football until the 9th grade.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/nfl/ka...mainstage_card

Comment

• Panthers, in true Draft Day fashion try to pull a Cleveland Browns and now trade back out of first pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X