Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM

Comment

Well, police officers are useless to stop these. The guy went past the guard at the door, apparently wasn’t shot, went into the classroom and killed everyone, while the local cops stood around with citizens begging them to go in and do something. Give or take an hour later a border patrol unit shows up and dispatched the shooter long after every kid with a chance to be saved had bled to death.

Cops are ****ing pu$$iez for the most part. They are right there to open a can on a deranged druggie but when faced with real life or death **** “establish a perimeter” or “crowd control.” Right or left we all know that most of the people we went to school with that became cops were pricks. Any interaction with the average ICT cop is enough to check that proof.

When it all comes to light the Uvalde cops are going to look just like Scot Peterson of Parkland infamy. Initial claims are that the SRO and initial responding cops were injured in a shootout. Let’s see how that really plays out. I have a cousin with a Purple Heart from Nam. He jumped out of a moving truck at the sound of gunfire and broke his ankle.

Kid goes in shooting at 11:30 and is killed at 1:00. He’s letting rounds off the whole time, while police “contained him in the school.” Contained him in the school? Like the shepherd contains the wolf in his flock, or the farmer contains the fox in the henhouse?

Last edited by BOBB; May 26, 2022, 02:58 AM.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

100%. Rotate TWO armed U.S. soldiers every couple weeks from their enlisted company at said single point of entry. Add cameras (their cheap these days) around entire perimeter. Some f##ktard tries to breach the fence...the full weight of a military man or women has open season to take them out without question.

Dumbasses will learn very quickly not to screw with a school and the American people will be happy when the first dumbass attempts this atrocity and is taken out by the soldier. Amen.
        Posse Comitatus.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I typed this up yesterday and then decided to sleep on it.

Guns are not the problem, therefore legislating guns further is not the answer. Law abiding citizens are not the problem, either.
          Agreed

America is BY FAR the heaviest medicated country in the world. There used to be a graphic of major school shooters and the psychotropics they ALL were on. Mental illness is a major issue in the United States, IMO worse than any virus or plague has ever been, pandemic or epidemic.
          I'd be curious to see something on this. I don't doubt you and believe that we as a society are over medicated as too many resort to drugs first. I know my therapist and I had that discussion first thing and I was adamant about drugs being the last option and if we got there, to make it as temporary as possible to work through what was really needed to address. We've avoided drugs. And I'm not saying drugs aren't a necessity sometimes, for some people. But we're too quick to just throw people/kids on them and that needs to change.

Bullying is a major issue, not because it happens (it always has), but because kids are not allowed to fight back. Bullies also almost always have **** homes to go back to, where their drunk or doped out parents neglect them, beat them, and, as in the case in my area, pimp them out to family members and others.
          Bullying sucks. I didn't see a lot of it in school, but when I did I tried to do my best to stand up for or defend the person being bullied. I went to a small school and regardless of age, had some level of standing mostly due to my older brother. I'm not special, but I do think too many people see it happening and ignore it. Some kids don't know how to stand up for themselves and need help doing it. I've heard way too many reports of bullying being reported and ignored by schools. I'm guessing they fear being sued by the parents of the bully or something, rather than trying to protect kids. Suicide is a leading cause of death amongst kids and it's often because nobody is there for them or ignores the signs. I saw a post on FB the other day that was sadly accurate and showed examples of people essentially reaching out for help and being accused of looking for attention, but when they give up and take their own lives everyone gets sad and says things like I wish they'd have said something or I never saw the signs. People need to wake up and pay attention to those around them, young and old. We still stigmatize mental health way too much and it's a big reason we see a lot of things we wish we didn't.

Lastly, Americans protect the assets they hold dearest (money, money generating minerals, and politicians) with heavy weapons. Trucks patrol the TransAlaskan Pipeline 24/7 with M16s in the hands of very well trained, mostly ex-military agents. Big banks have armored guards, and politicians have the best of the best trained individuals in the world protecting them, but someone mentions arming qualified teachers and the shrieking hits a fever pitch that causes all the garage doors in suburbia to fly open.

As our country continues to fall apart it’s only going to get worse.
          I've seen a couple of my teacher friends post about this on FB recently. Let those that want to, and are capable of, carry or have access to a firearm. Schools can take precautions to keep them safe and you'll see fewer deaths if even a handful of teachers have the ability to stop a threat.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Well, police officers are useless to stop these. The guy went past the guard at the door, apparently wasn’t shot, went into the classroom and killed everyone, while the local cops stood around with citizens begging them to go in and do something. Give or take an hour later a border patrol unit shows up and dispatched the shooter long after every kid with a chance to be saved had bled to death.

Cops are ****ing pu$$iez for the most part. They are right there to open a can on a deranged druggie but when faced with real life or death **** “establish a perimeter” or “crowd control.” Right or left we all know that most of the people we went to school with that became cops were pricks. Any interaction with the average ICT cop is enough to check that proof.

When it all comes to light the Uvalde cops are going to look just like Scot Peterson of Parkland infamy. Initial claims are that the SRO and initial responding cops were injured in a shootout. Let’s see how that really plays out. I have a cousin with a Purple Heart from Nam. He jumped out of a moving truck at the sound of gunfire and broke his ankle.

Kid goes in shooting at 11:30 and is killed at 1:00. He’s letting rounds off the whole time, while police “contained him in the school.” Contained him in the school? Like the shepherd contains the wolf in his flock, or the farmer contains the fox in the henhouse?
            Police are under no obligation to protect people. That's been ruled on by the courts. And we've seen it way too often that in situations like this, they're not rushing in to stop anything. I'm sure there are some who would. I'm not going to label them all as cowards. But sadly, the brave in blue never seem to be the ones that show up to these incidents.

We see too much questionable deadly force used in some situations and then in obvious situations like this one, they stand around avoiding danger. It's not a good look for the boys in blue at all.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Obama, the great divider, compared the slaughter of the innocents in Texas to the death of a career criminal who died while high on drugs, resisting arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Police are under no obligation to protect people. That's been ruled on by the courts. And we've seen it way too often that in situations like this, they're not rushing in to stop anything. I'm sure there are some who would. I'm not going to label them all as cowards. But sadly, the brave in blue never seem to be the ones that show up to these incidents.

We see too much questionable deadly force used in some situations and then in obvious situations like this one, they stand around avoiding danger. It's not a good look for the boys in blue at all.
                Drip by drip the truth is coming out and it is not a good look.

My question is if they’re not there to “protect” and they’re certainly not there to “serve” then wtf are they there for? They don’t enforce traffic or quality of life issues as far as I can tell. They do a pretty good job of homicide investigation, after the fact obviously.

I thought defund the police was absolutely asinine, but now I’m coming around to it. Put twice as many investigators in the office and have a few response teams of SWAT that aren’t going to piss themselves when SHTF and send the patrol officers to the parks department or public works where they MIGHT actually accomplish something useful.

To listen to these Texas police spokespeople twist themselves in knots with doublespeak is infuriating. Credit to the Broward Sheriff that at least called a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Obama, the great divider, compared the slaughter of the innocents in Texas to the death of a career criminal who died while high on drugs, resisting arrest.
                  Cops had all kinds of bravery for George Floyd. Engaged and neutralized the threat.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Drip by drip the truth is coming out and it is not a good look.

My question is if they’re not there to “protect” and they’re certainly not there to “serve” then wtf are they there for? They don’t enforce traffic or quality of life issues as far as I can tell. They do a pretty good job of homicide investigation, after the fact obviously.

I thought defund the police was absolutely asinine, but now I’m coming around to it. Put twice as many investigators in the office and have a few response teams of SWAT that aren’t going to piss themselves when SHTF and send the patrol officers to the parks department or public works where they MIGHT actually accomplish something useful.

To listen to these Texas police spokespeople twist themselves in knots with doublespeak is infuriating. Credit to the Broward Sheriff that at least called a spade a spade.
                    The defund movement was all over the place. The loudest of them basically wanted PD's disbanded. That's ridiculous. But, we could cut their funding and move it elsewhere, or just not spend it.

I will give WPD some credit with how they now use mental health experts to respond to to such calls, which if that was a national program, would save some lives. Sending police who it seems fear just about everything to check on someone having a mental break is not the way to go.

But you're right. Police are mostly used to investigate crimes that they have almost zero chance of preventing in hopes of finding the criminal or they're used as revenue generators and go out of their way to shakedown the public for more funds. The fact that most try to hide to catch people speeding a little bit, or worse, not wearing a seat belt so they can fine you hundreds of dollars for not endangering or harming anyone, yet they'll speed through traffic to chase you down and give you that fine. Or pulling people over for BS reasons in hopes for finding something that they can arrest or fine you for. I'm just an average white guy and I've been pulled over a number of times over the years for fishing expeditions and not been ticketed, or given a ticket for a BS reason. So that's a police culture thing that they put up with and allow. Nothing about those really protect or serve the public. It only protects and serves to budgets of those they work for.

We need fewer laws. Especially the petty stuff that is nothing but revenue generation. That would lead to the need for fewer traffic cops. Yes, there should be some sort of response units and investigative units for real crime. Doing that would probably save money and probably weed out a lot of the bad apples who would no longer be put in situations where they could abuse the badge and their authority. Would probably lead to better officers who may be more likely to respond to a situation like this and take action rather than sit on their thumbs. It would also lead to a better public profile and relationship with the people they're allegedly supposed to serve.

Again, not all cops are bad. But most cops are more than happy to enforce shitty laws and infringe on rights because that's what they're trained to do. I'm friends with some officers. They're guys I trust. But I wouldn't hesitate to call them out if they did something that called for it.

Anyone trying to defend or explain away the cowardly actions of the police that showed up to this school in Texas can't be taken seriously and probably shouldn't have a job in politics or law enforcement.

I know I got a little distracted with this but it all ties together I think.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Simply resisting shouldn't be a death sentence either.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That’s the guy that had twice the fatal amount of Fentanyl in his system when he died right? He had a cop kneeling on him, pressing on his neck and shoulders?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

George Floyd root cause of his death was fentanyl. Only thing that might have saved him was the police recognizing it and giving him NARCAM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

George Floyd root cause of his death was fentanyl. Only thing that might have saved him was the police recognizing it and giving him NARCAM.
                            But they didn't give two shits about him. Floyd is not hero or anything of that nature, but he was subdued and they continued to suppress his ability to breathe which didn't help Mr. Floyd at all. Preventing a man from breathing as he tells you he can't breathe is reprehensible. Especially from those who feel entitled to respect for their "courage and bravery" as they "protect and serve" their communities. I love how so many will defend police, even passively, when they're clearly in the wrong. It's why police get away with being shitty way more than they should and lack a lot of accountability for their actions.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

But they didn't give two shits about him. Floyd is not hero or anything of that nature, but he was subdued and they continued to suppress his ability to breathe which didn't help Mr. Floyd at all. Preventing a man from breathing as he tells you he can't breathe is reprehensible. Especially from those who feel entitled to respect for their "courage and bravery" as they "protect and serve" their communities. I love how so many will defend police, even passively, when they're clearly in the wrong. It's why police get away with being shitty way more than they should and lack a lot of accountability for their actions.
                              Even “suppressing his ability to breath” was disproven. There are a lot of examples of police brutality, but this is a very poor one.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yes, they could have given Naloxone if they had any indications he was an opiate OD. But he was conscious upon arrival, and without blatant evidence of opiate use, there is no indicator to deploy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X