No announcement yet.

Another School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disproven? You have someone put their entire body weight on your upper back/neck area and tell me you can breath normally and just fine. Hell, put it right between your shoulder blades and it's still going to effect your ability to breathe. Floyd was also overweight and on drugs which played a part in that. The police not giving a **** about him and continuing to be excessive in their actions and ignoring his pleas for help also played a part.

I didn't say they choked him, but his actions most definitely reduced his ability to breathe amongst other things. The officer doing it also had a long list of abuse accusations and should have been dealt with long before that incident. But that just goes to the other points I've made about accountability.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Even “suppressing his ability to breath” was disproven. There are a lot of examples of police brutality, but this is a very poor one.
      Regardless the cops showed up and neutralized the threat to the community from his fake 20s. Extreme bravery.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I am also finding it interesting some of the loudest voices demanding gun control with the mantra “we must protect our children” are also the biggest advocates for abortion of healthy babies in the name of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

But they didn't give two shits about him.
          And that is why they got convicted. Had the police cared and tried to administer aid, Floyd still probably dies, but the public perception may be different.

Moral of the story is if you are going to go into public service you need to actually have a gift for public service and care for the public you are serving. Most law enforcement officers I have met actually do care, but in like everything there are outliers.

Comment

Comparing the two events is despicable

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              I am also finding it interesting some of the loudest voices demanding gun control with the mantra “we must protect our children” are also the biggest advocates for abortion of healthy babies in the name of choice.
              I’d trade you right now. Abortion only legal in rape and incest and only single action revolvers, break action shotguns, lever and bolt action rifles. No open, concealed carry. No stand your ground, only castle doctrine.

We’d save a lot of lives.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                On this we can agree

Comment

I don't disagree.

But defending the police in either situation is also despicable. And I have seen that done in both cases.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

No excuse for staying on top of his neck. Zero. Prior to that, everything was on the criminal, the guy who robbed a pregnant woman by shoving a pistol into her swollen abdomen.

Comment

I found this article interesting food for thought. Not just as it may or may not relate to the horrific Uvalde massacre but from a more personal standpoint I have a family member that this could relate to.

Could SSRI Antidepressants Be One of the Causes Behind These Mass Shootings?

Comment

No excuse for staying on top of his neck. Zero. Prior to that, everything was on the criminal, the guy who robbed a pregnant woman by shoving a pistol into her swollen abdomen.
                        That was like a decade or more prior and not at all relevant, or known at the time, when the arrest was being made. Not excusing his previous actions, but he'd served his time for that incident and it had nothing to do with his death or anything leading up to it.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I’d trade you right now. Abortion only legal in rape and incest and only single action revolvers, break action shotguns, lever and bolt action rifles. No open, concealed carry. No stand your ground, only castle doctrine.

We’d save a lot of lives.
                          The left will never accept any restrictions on abortion and the right will never accept infringement on 2A - so this is a fantasy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That was like a decade or more prior and not at all relevant, or known at the time, when the arrest was being made. Not excusing his previous actions, but he'd served his time for that incident and it had nothing to do with his death or anything leading up to it.
                            the arresting officers did not know about it at the time, true, but being a career criminal and career drug offender certainly had everything to do with his eventual death

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I found this article interesting food for thought. Not just as it may or may not relate to the horrific Uvalde massacre but from a more personal standpoint I have a family member that this could relate to.

Could SSRI Antidepressants Be One of the Causes Behind These Mass Shootings?

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/05...otings-n570142
                              I would be shocked if some of these medications didn't play a part in some of these shooting. The side-effects are a big reason one of my first discussions with my therapist was about avoiding drugs if possible. That and for a lot of people they really only mask the issue and don't address the issue.

We all know the reason this isn't, or hasn't been, talked about in national media circles or by politicians and that's because they don't want to upset the pharmaceutical industry. And I'm not anti-pharma, but I do oppose the sway that they have in a lot of areas that dictates policy both good and bad. They're a big reason that marijuana is still classified the way it is at the federal level, because marijuana and marijuana based products can do a lot of the same things these prescription drugs can do and they can do it cheaper and with fewer/no side-effects.

I'm truly amazed at the list of side-effects you see for so many drugs that are FDA approved. A lot of times the side-effects are much worse than what's being treated. Makes me wonder if it's really worth it to take that chance in a lot of instances. I know potential side-effects aren't guaranteed to happen, but maybe we should be focusing a little more on the in some cases and the impact they may have.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

mrs p had a steroid shot in the spine a couple weeks ago. Caused her to be insanely sick and completely overrode her anti-depressant meds. Lucky I was close

Comment

Working...
                                X